Runescape

81 posts in this topic

Posted

If they are worried about copying, Java is the worst on this matter. The embedded file is, in fact, a text file with a .class ending.

Flash now has a 3-d engine class system and a multi-player system, perfect for something like this. Or maybe they could give the code a small overhaul and make higher-graphics version for download. I can already think of how it would work...

Posted

umm...pls say that again... more simpler pls.

and to add to my rant...

did the ppl saying that the runescape graphic suck have the detail on low or high?

Posted

Flash still only has a faux 3d rendering system and although the online compabilities are increasingly a lot, they're nowhere near vast enough to cope with what runescape does, i should know, i have the latest version of flash on my computer...

they don't have too much a problem with the copying anyway, its the actuall having access to the files and editing them, making hacking a lot easier, which is another reason why its not downloadable.

Posted

Ok, well to explain the way I see it, they should have each character as a set of co-ordinated in the world, most likely just 2-d ones with elevation provided by the ground at the point. Then if you have a version of the game that you can download and it contains highly detailed versions of the models and armour and such the new program merely reads the character data as the Java version does and renders the models from the encrypted files. The program wouldn't contain any information that isn't already in the Java client and it would look much nicer.

Runescape with high-quality graphics should be better. Now to work on the gameplay....

Oh and compare Guild Wars graphics with 'High' quality Runescape graphics and you will see a huge difference.

Posted

"High Definition" graphics just add stones and roofs with shingles, nothing actually impressive.

It'll still look bad.

What Aatch described up there may be exactly what Runescape does.

Posted

World of warcraft is a pleasure to play on the eyes and with the control scheme as well, but it ends up feeling a bit samey fairly quickly to be honest...

sorry, using world of warcrft as an example as to how to make runescape better, of course world of warcraft has more regular paying players, i think runescape might actually have more in total though, not entirely sure on that one tho

Posted

well, i just got got back on playing so if anyone wants to meet me, i will be in world 74 and usually around Varrock, my name is Soi Karuna

Posted

I play Runescape!

You know the Stronghold of Security or whatever its name was?

That dead guy has a Link hat.

...They murdered Link.

runescape-link.jpg

Posted

I have an account, but I'm not sharing its name with you.It is pretty cool though.

Yours Truely,

:triforce:

Mr.Triforce

Posted

[sarcasm]

hmm i cant rly tell the difference between GW graphics and RS graphics...

[/sarcasm

and keaton... thats a robin hood hat...if u move the camera around the other way... ull see it...

and Gt is ur Rs name mrtriforce? or Gt? lol

Posted

I play Runescape!

You know the Stronghold of Security or whatever its name was?

That dead guy has a Link hat.

...They murdered Link.

runescape-link.jpg

That's deffinetly it! Now I'll never play that game!

Posted

ur so called maplestory sucks. no offence. but its 2d side scrolling mmorpg... thats just...bad...

I have to agree that runescape sucks! My friends are brainwashed over it :unsure:

Posted

[sarcasm]

hmm i cant rly tell the difference between GW graphics and RS graphics...

[/sarcasm

and keaton... thats a robin hood hat...if u move the camera around the other way... ull see it...

and Gt is ur Rs name mrtriforce? or Gt? lol

I moved the camera all around.. it's definitely a Link hat. Trust me.

Posted

O i used to play it, now that from the nagging of my "friends", i gone off it although i am getting upgrades for my computer in october and then i'll be able to play WoW.

Posted

I play runescape one time i was walking and this guy wanted to trade. so i said y and he gives my 500k!! for free!! and i am not lying!!! :D