Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

so spirit tracks sucks

128 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, 10/10 of the islands had something.

Literally, every island had something useful on it pertaining to treasure, which you actually had to work for. You either had to go through what was essentially a mini dungeon, or solve some puzzle, or get rid of enemies by sniping them with arrows or plain attacking them, or play a minigame. Or, it gave you a treasure map, with which you had to sail to some other location and sail around for it.

Twilight Princess threw Rupees at you like it had Hemophilia and Rupees were made of razors.

Posted

Even without the treasure rupees in the sea, finding rupees was way too easy in WW. The bigger wallets didn't come soon enough in the game. Hell, there is an orange rupee UNDER LINK'S GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE!

Posted

I wonder if those 100 rupees were her pension or something... woops :3

Posted

Haha, probably.

Posted

It was nowhere near the level of ease of Twilight Princess.

I have to disagree, though. Rupees were more difficult to obtain, and since I guess the value of the Rupee has been inflating a bit, if you wanted to get something good, you'd need a lot more Rupees. When I started getting Rupees for Tingle's maps, I realized the insane prices were to encourage you to go out and explore islands, since they're money makers. Heck, you might have to go through an entire island's hardships just to get like 100-200R at best. I would often go over islands I thought I hadn't been to, only to realize that I've cleaned it of Rupees.

Treasure Charts became more than just useless things that require you to visit uninteresting open spaces of water.

Not to mention that there is the auction that goes on every night in Windfall. There were things essential to 100% completion like Heart Pieces, but you could only get them if you amassed crazy amounts of money.

In Twilight Princess, pretty much everything was cheap, except maybe the Magic Armor, and you had insane amounts of Rupees at all times. So much so, that they added the option to PUT RUPEES BACK into chests. But then it pissed me off when it came time to get the Magic Armor, because the shortcut requires me to go back into dungeons. I typically don't like going back into dungeons. Don't ask me why, because I really don't see how it's different from secret caves in WW, but they just seem so uninteresting the second time. There are no keys to gain, and the boss is dead, so it just feels like a waste of time. There's nothing to explore.

Still, you could build the Emerald City with the Rupees you got from that game.

Rupee City, even.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yea, I forgot at the Tingle prices. Otherwise, I found rupees easy to obtain.

I liked the "put the rupees back" in TP, cause in WW, I was hesitant to pull up treasure from the ocean in fear that I was wasting rupees. I'd find a pretty purple or silver rupee and I'd become a little upset.

Also, I loved the PH treasure claw. It was a cool mini game.

Posted

That PH treasure claw game really bugged me. Stupid mines >:c

Posted

I liked that feature, too, but it just signifies how many Rupees the game throws at you.

Sooo mannyyyy Rupeeeeeees.

Posted

I also didn't like the put rupees back into chest feature in TP, because it made me sad and I was like "Just give me the rupees :'c"

Besides I hardly ever used rupees in TP, so it wasn't a waste anyway.

Posted

oh come on the game was not that bad

Posted

Besides I hardly ever used rupees in TP, so it wasn't a waste anyway.

And here we have another point.

There was hardly anything to use Rupees for in Twilight Princess.

TP's Rupee inflation got worse every time you opened a chest. The economy must have been terrible.

I bet castle repairs helped the issue, though.

I'm not sure where this topic went, but point is, OP needs to get in here and see how derp she is at the moment, Spirit Tracks is a great game and YLA agrees, and Rupee inflation can make you :/face at a game.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I never said it was a great game. Stop telling people that.

Posted

Either Saha's signature is lying, or you actually did say you liked the game. :/

Posted

That or he edited my post somewhere because I said it was OK. It still sucks. It's not the worse Zelda game because PH takes the cake. WW takes 2nd for at least being a challenge, but ST is the 3rd worse.

Posted

Meh. It wasn't that bad. It's a bit difficult and it had trains, but it was better than WW and PH.

Being difficult and having trains are now traits of a bad game.

Railworks is an exception to the rule.