Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

so spirit tracks sucks

128 posts in this topic

Posted

Like I said.

Difficulty doesn't make a game bad. It's not the game's fault you can't get past it. It's yours.

Also, your bias has a part in this.

I can see it in your eyes.

So with that, you've given it a 5/5.

By the way, 5/10 is 1/2, which is .5.

2/5 is .4, and 3/5 is .6. You rounded down. You don't round down.

Posted

Hm... :c I think I'll give it either a 3/5 or a 4/5. Maybe somewhere in between? Havn't played through the entire game just yet. However, what I've done so far was very enjoyable and it's a great game to play to pass the time during school-time.

Although, I'm stuck. :c I just left the Fourth Realm to look for "something cold." However, as soon as I was in the 2nd realm, I saved the game and shut the Nintendo DS down. When I resumed play, my train was placed at the very edge of the map, as if I had just rode into it. I can't drag a path for my train on the bottom screen, it's as if the screen isn't reacting to my stylus at the very egde of the map. But the screen isn't broken, I can select the different spots on the map to see their names and the stylus works for other games. Sadly, I can't continue playing this file unless I create a path for my train. Anyone know of anything that can solve this? I don't particularly want to start over.

Posted

Meh. It wasn't that bad. It's a bit difficult and it had trains, but it was better than WW and PH.

"It wasn't that bad?" This is YLA and a toon link game, how long have I been gone?!

I liked Spirit Tracks... :'C guess I can only be a casual gamer now. oh well.

god do I hate the terms "hardcore gamer" and "casual gamer". Does it really matter?

No, it doesn't, at all, ever.

Some people like to label themselves as hardcore gamers because they believe that "they were here first". I also disagree with Saha opinion that every "hardcore" gamer considers games as an art, that's another point entirely

Hm... :c I think I'll give it either a 3/5 or a 4/5. Maybe somewhere in between? Havn't played through the entire game just yet. However, what I've done so far was very enjoyable and it's a great game to play to pass the time during school-time.

Although, I'm stuck. :c I just left the Fourth Realm to look for "something cold." However, as soon as I was in the 2nd realm, I saved the game and shut the Nintendo DS down. When I resumed play, my train was placed at the very edge of the map, as if I had just rode into it. I can't drag a path for my train on the bottom screen, it's as if the screen isn't reacting to my stylus at the very egde of the map. But the screen isn't broken, I can select the different spots on the map to see their names and the stylus works for other games. Sadly, I can't continue playing this file unless I create a path for my train. Anyone know of anything that can solve this? I don't particularly want to start over.

Try recalibrating your touch screen

My two cents: most fun I've had with a Zelda game for ages, a huge step up from Phantom Hourglass. Some of the puzzles started getting really quite fiddley, but I managed to get through (just) without using a walkthrough. All in all, a tight, challenging, well-made game.

Posted

the game

Dammit >_<

Posted

Yeah, I've already recalibrated it twice before posting. Sadly, it hasn't worked.

Oh, nice to see you, Ginger.

Posted

Its an ok game, its a game you completely dislike; make up your mind, YLA. xD

And clearly Vanish was just hoping to get us all riled up over this. Otherwise he/she would have posted again. xD;

Posted

It's ok. That's it. It isn't the worst Zelda game I've ever played. It's the 3rd worse, but that's beside the point. I still hate this game, but not as much as PH and WW.

Posted

You don't hate it at all and have no reason to.

Literally. You want to hate it. You want to believe it's bad. But it's not, and you know it.

You don't even complain about it. The only thing you've complained about is that you can't get to the final area.

Which is your fault entirely.

Have you ever played LoZ I? LoZ:AoL?

Also, Gingerlink, then what's a hardcore gamer? People that play first person shooters? :/ No. It's the people who find good games and play them, despite their appearances. Not every hardcore gamer appreciates games as art openly, but they probably do and don't realize it. It's the difference between someone browsing artwork just because it is cool looking and someone who appreciates it full value.

By the way, it matters a WHOLE LOT considering that a whole game can be flipped around depending on whether or not it's targeting hardcore or casual gamers.

Posted

I do hate and it is bad. I just can't find the words to complain about it as easy. I mean 1/2 of the game is the tower, 1/4 of the game is riding the train, and the final 1/4 the rest of the dungeons side quests. Not much to say about those though. Except for the part where you had to

pay off the guy who looked like Linebeck.

I spent forever looking for treasure. It was more tedious than getting rubies in Super Paper Mario. >_< I mean... God I can't say anything bad because I can't find the right words. I didn't really pay attention to the game. I just tried to get through the game as fast as could because I knew how horrible it was before playing it because the 2 games before it sucked at well. >_< F*** I don't know anymore. I hate this f***ing game and that's final!

Posted

Well, maaaybe, if you could actually pull a slice of effort out of your arse to play the game slowly, you might've enjoyed it rather than rushing through it and not noticing the good parts about it.

Posted

If you knew it was gonna suck, because WW and PH sucked, then why did you bother buying it/playing it?

Posted

@Vio: No never!

@PH: Because it's a Zelda game. I vowed to play all Zelda games after I beat OoT. I shouldn't have said that, but can't change the past.

Posted

Why don't you just take it back? It's not almost as if you've contradicted yourself before, y'know?

If you make a vow that's too hard for you to keep, you should abandon it.

Posted

That is a pretty awful reason.

"I'll play every LoZ game, but I'll half ass it through the ones that look like they'll be bad"

Posted

Dude, that's why he's biased.

Don't encourage him.

His bias caused him to not pay attention to the game, and now he's making stuff up again.

Did you know that Hyrule Field is like 50% of Twilight Princess? And it's not even that interesting.