Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where does God come from?

265 posts in this topic

Posted

Now, if God doesn't exist? Then we still don't matter. We have even less of a choice than God offered us. Life or death. Our choice is only death. Who cares about right and wrong and whether they're subjective or not if we're going to expire anyway?

This is the point I'm trying to make. Everything bases itself off the fact that you're alive. Thats the root of things. Stuff stems from there. You're alive? Great, well, why are you alive? Thats where religion comes in. Initially, there are no goods and evils, you're just alive. If you choose to assign yourself to a religion, then goods and evils become set in stone. So I can understand where you guys are coming from with a religious standpoint that there are goods and evils, but when you strip all that away, theres not really anything.

Posted

Well garsh, who knew? Next they'll be saying that they should have the right to vote. Oh, those women can dream.

Posted

Somebody tell me what the point I'm arguing is called. I think maybe its nihilism, or existentialism, or some branch of the two. Whats the name of the argument I'm arguing here, is my point.

Posted

Pretty sure it's existentialism.

Posted

No wait, I just looked into it with the help of Ganny and Sahaqiel. Its called Moral and Ethical Normative relativism (which actually makes a whole lot of sense, and I feel stupid for not guessing it).

Here it is with Dinosaurs.

comic2-97.png

Posted

tru dat

now let's go shoot some ho's

Posted

tru dat

now let's go shoot some ho's

I'll take the TRG

you can have the M1A1

Posted

I imagine that the Orange Dino is British and the Green Dino is Caligirlish.

Posted

Uh, they're called a Tyrannosaurus Rex, at Utah Raptor, and a Dromiceiomimus, duh.

Posted

Wow, this is one heck of a long religious argument...

Methinks I'll stay Shinto, kthxbai. I don't have an opinion on Christianity really, even if some of it's teachings can be pretty damn stupid.