Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where does God come from?

265 posts in this topic

Posted

That pit of despair lasts about 80 years, 99 tops. The Lord has offered us an eternity in paradise that we only spend those years acting as He would have us.

Posted

Did I miss something?

Ivo is cool with calling himself "God" with Vio, but when Saha mentions God, the shit hits the fan.

Posted

Ivo is cool with calling himself "God" with Vio, but when Saha mentions God, the shit hits the fan.

I just needed an excuse to create the topic.

Posted

Yea, Ivo. It's people like you that make Mormons seem weird. Either you are okay with God jokes or not. Make up your mind.

Posted

kk.

But religion is kind of irritating sometimes.

Once, I went to the Philippines. We visited this huge cathedral. It could easily have been divided into three floors, but it had no such divisions. It was just a high ceilinged building.

This was meant for worship, right? No funds are really generated here, and you devote your time there to God.

This building pretty much served this one purpose. But when I looked outside, there were countless homeless. Children that lived in tin shacks under bridges en masse.

That's not what I call the love of God.

That cathedral could easily have been a three story homeless shelter, but people who devoted themselves to God thought differently.

Thing is, what you're doing right now is calling a safety blanket. I can guarantee one of the reasons you believe in God is so you have a chance at eternal life, or a chance to escape Hell. There isn't a person who doesn't do this. Everything people do is for the gain of themselves in some roundabout way. Even charity is done just for the sound peace in the minds of those who participate in it. That's all we do, is try as hard as we can to stuff as many hormones into our existence as we can.

I am satisfied with my indifference.

you learn trough Him that there are better chances and that obstacles overcome makes one stronger.

Which is why this somewhat offends me.

You're giving God too much credit. I am the one who made me who I was, and sometimes, events and people helped mold me too. I know that obstacles make me stronger. I learned this on my own, through the tools provided to me.

That's just what I think. I just don't understand why other people don't get that.

Love is a human creation. That's why I don't accept that answer. Love belongs to people, and if love belongs to other stuff, that's cool too. I can feel human love, but it's not because God made it so. It's because I am accepting love from the one who gives it, not because God is puppeteering the action. I don't view people as puppets.

Saying God has any importance in our lives is just calling people as such.

Posted

Yea, Ivo. It's people like you that make Mormons seem weird. Either you are okay with God jokes or not. Make up your mind.

Vio said he was God. Silves said God sucked. Neither of them was being serious. Only Silves' joke offended me. Vio wasn't making it the center piece of a post. Quite with the extremeism.

Posted

Okay, well, in that case, I am God. Worship me. Every time someone insults me, go make a rant about it.

Posted

God exists because I say so. Does that make me a god too?

The God that Jewish and Christian people worship has been around forever. We can't grasp the concept of infinity, so just understand that it's a really really really long time. Longer than you and I have been around, undoubtably. He created everything we know, and is above all gods. We exist because he wills it.

Unless you're atheist, and you exist because of well idk but I'll find out someday.

But yeah. This was a stupid question. Because you'll either get:

a. God exists because he's God.

or

b. God doesn't exist.

So...there's really no point to this except for arguments.

Posted

Okay, well, in that case, I am God. Worship me. Every time someone insults me, go make a rant about it.

You suck, Phantsmagoric Hero.

Geez, by the end of the week, the entire population will be God-- What's that I see? Is it Lionheart? Huzzah, we shall be saved!

Posted

I agree with Lionheart completely. This is a Zelda forum, not a church. Nobody is gonna read your post and say "So there IS a God! I finally see the light!"

Either you believe or you don't. Someone may come and convince you other wise, but not on a Zelda forum.

Posted

Dude, your missing the point. Vio claimed to be a God. I knew he was just playing around. Silves said the being that I worship sucked. He wasn't serious. Vio was being silly and arrogant. That doesn't make me feel hurt. Silves said the being I considered my greatest friend and Father sucked. That hurts no matter how put it.

Also, we're getting off topic.:\

But yeah. This was a stupid question. Because you'll either get:

a. God exists because he's God.

or

b. God doesn't exist.

So...there's really no point to this except for arguments.

That isn't true. I offered an answer in the very first post that doesn't match either of those.

I ain't trying to convert anybody, PH. Calmeth down already.

Posted

Hmmm, seems like you've never been outside of Utah. People are gonna insult your friends. A few may insult your family. A LOT will insult your God(s). Deal with it.

Posted

Take solace in the fact that God knows you are standing up for him and loves you for it. But don't create a topic like this and expect everyone to agree with you.

Posted

Take solace in the fact that God knows you are standing up for him and loves you for it. But don't create a topic like this and expect everyone to agree with you.

I do and I didn't. Everyone may believe what they wish to believe. I have done little beyond stating my own.-_-

Posted

Listen. Saying God sucks is OK. Because he was kidding. I don't get why you think it's a big deal. That's like getting worked up over yo mamma jokes.