Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

The short answer:

I don't know, probably.

The shortish answer:

It appears, based on scripture, that we are born into the same bodies we have now, just enhanced/perfected, if you take Jesus as our example. He still had the holes where the nails went through his hands and the hole where the spear pierced his side, but he was able to pass through walls and change his appearance. Now, I don't know if we'll be like Jesus in that respect or not, but it's reasonable to assume that we will have a similar body as he had after the resurrection. He could also physically interact with people and eat food.

Arcane likes this

Posted

Yep. I believe we will return to our original bodies, although they will be restored and perfected (Jesus retained his scars for proof of identity and for symbolic meaning, idk if we could do the same if we want to). 

I think what you're getting at LL is more of a transexual question, right? If so, I have no idea. I haven't made up my mind on the subject in general to be honest.

Posted

To be rather blunt, I think you'll be brought back as what God means you to be, not necessarily what you are or what you think you are.

It's not going to matter anyway. There won't really be male or female in the sense that we know it today. In Christ, male and female doesn't matter. We all have an equal claim in heaven. Race, gender, religion, etc. will be irrelevant at that point. We will all be one in him.

You might still be "male," in that you have a penis, or you might not. I don't know. It won't matter, is what I'm saying. No one will be able to say "I'm a woman, so you can't treat me like this," or "I'm a man, so I deserve this." 

Male and female matter here on earth for a number of reasons. Men tend to be stronger, so they tend to be the "breadwinners." Women are the only ones who can bear children. Men tend to dominate; they have for thousands of years. Women have always been more submissive, though there are examples of the opposite. 

In heaven, it won't be that way. No one will be married, or born, so there won't be any need for gender differences. Men and women will be equal in everything.

Does that mean we won't have a penis or vagina in heaven? Again, I don't know. There is still much to be revealed. The bible was less concerned on this topic and more concerned with getting the point across behind the resurrection and what it means for everyone and how we should respond in our lives.

There may be no women in heaven, since there is no longer a need for them. And before anyone starts, I'm not saying that women don't go to heaven. I'm saying that women won't be considered "women" anymore. Man was created in God's image, and woman from man. So it may just be that women will be like men in heaven. Again, I don't know.

Posted

I'm gonna cone back with, like, a gun. And I'll be the best!

Posted

But do men and women get the same wages in heaven

Heaven sounds really leftist, ironically

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Can I seriously ask why some Christians make Jesus sound like a sexual experience? They are always saying "let Jesus come into you" and it makes me uncomfortable but sometimes I giggle. My question, I guess, is is Jesus versatile? He can pitch but can he also receive??

Posted

What if you are a trans woman who died in the middle of the penis-to-vagina surgery (whatever the name for that is), how would you come back? Would the wounds be fresh and unhealed? Would they have the penis or the vagina?

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I think it's kind of like a benevolent dictatorship. And communism but an infinite supply of wealth/food/good stuff.

So free beer. 

Posted

But if we have perfect bodies we wouldn't be able to become intoxicated. So beer is just nasty water at this point. Except we wouldn't need to consume so like, no beer at all. Eternal bliss sounds like a bore, honestly. It might be cool for a hot second but.... No thanks.

Posted

No, Alex! You... You can't say that!!

I bet Jesus was kinda a tool. Like he goes up to Peter and is like, "fish my way" and finally Peter catches fish and Jesus goes "you've been here /all day/?"

Jesus goes to a party. They run out of wine. He shows up the host with better wine. Kinda a dick move...

Posted (edited)

If heaven is run by a "benevolent dictator" and is compared to a communist state, and Lucifer tried to rally other inhabitants of heaven to rise up and be individuals instead of bowing before a dictator, are you implying that 1980s President Ronald Reagan would attempt to intervene in Heaven and support a CIA-backed coup in the name of Lucifer?

Holy puppy the Muslims were right about America and black people were right about Reagan. This is why Muslims call us The Great Satan and black people think Ronald Reagan is the devil.

Edited by Iargely Iegendry (see edit history)
PrimaGaga and Max like this

Posted

Yeah God just seems like a spoiled brat. Like, i get that he made the entire universe, but why does he care if i touch myself? Like, none of his business, gosh.

Posted

Arcane why is your name Arcane/Arcanelord and why did you rejoin on May Day?

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

946c2dc62723b7ab03b852701a04dd1689b0caa1