Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

But if we have perfect bodies we wouldn't be able to become intoxicated. So beer is just nasty water at this point. Except we wouldn't need to consume so like, no beer at all. Eternal bliss sounds like a bore, honestly. It might be cool for a hot second but.... No thanks.

I don't think it's going to be anything like you're making it out to be. Everything sounds boring if you phrase it in a boring way.

And I'm not so sure we can't become intoxicated. We can't sin. So literally everything we do in heaven, whatever it is, is a-ok with God. You can't screw up. So you can live openly and speak freely. You won't have to hide behind a facade, or pretend to like something, or even be bored. Everything you do will be awesome, forever. 

Posted

Not buying it.

How do you know you're happy if you're never sad?

Posted

^That's what our time on earth is for

Chase likes this

Posted

o hey cheez how's life

Oh hey thanks is good

is good

Pretty swell, Cheez. How about you?

Um, pretty good!

Posted

okay but how are you though

Posted

Not buying it.

How do you know you're happy if you're never sad?

That would be the original problem God faced with Adam, wouldn't it? It seems obvious to me why a tree with fruit bearing the knowledge of good and evil would even exist. We were always meant to learn bad, to experience sin, to feel hopeless, crushed, defeated, weak, etc., so that we could know what it's like to feel redeemed, liberated, hopeful, strong, and thankful. 

You won't lose your memories. I've said this before. What you do and what you say matters. We don't have the full picture, but I promise you this: you matter. With every word and action, you affect other people. 

Posted

No, Alex! You... You can't say that!!

I bet Jesus was kinda a tool. Like he goes up to Peter and is like, "fish my way" and finally Peter catches fish and Jesus goes "you've been here /all day/?"

Jesus goes to a party. They run out of wine. He shows up the host with better wine. Kinda a dick move...

Lol, have you ever seen the last temptation of christ? Its like a fictionalized version of the gospels, and it sort of humanizes the characters. Its legit a good movie, by Scorsese. Anyways, at the halfway point of the movie gentle Jesus turns into Cocky Jesus, and he just goes around, punching out the tax collectors in the temple, and kicking all kinds of ass. The water into wine scene is really funny, just how cocky he is.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Is that the one where the Devil wears modern clothing?

Posted

There may be no women in heaven, since there is no longer a need for them. And before anyone starts, I'm not saying that women don't go to heaven. I'm saying that women won't be considered "women" anymore. Man was created in God's image, and woman from man. So it may just be that women will be like men in heaven.

I don't know man, this seems pretty puppyed up to me. Like in a lot of different ways. If people are brought back as "God means them to be," you're saying that God wants everyone to be a man? I don't get how you could get behind that, that's like stone age shit. What's wrong with women that they can't be women in Heaven? Cuz like (I mean, you might disagree with this but) they serve more purposes than bearing your children. Sorry, but those timid, "submissive" women that came from Adam's rib are earning more degrees in America than men, and I'm gonna tell you right now, they're not studying how to be good wives and mothers. Men are stronger? I'd like to see you pump an eight pound sack of flesh out of your pelvis while working on your PhD. Maybe your Christian women are submissive because you tell them to be submissive. Where I live women don't submit to shit, and that rules  :weighlift: 

PrimaGaga and Cascade like this

Posted

Unrelated: Good to have you back

Max likes this

Posted

I'm not saying women are inferior to men. Don't be so pedantic, Max.

History as a whole will show I'm right, not your current girl friends in the last 10 years :) Women, for THOUSANDS of years, been caretakers of the home and protectors of their children. It's not a lesser role. It's a necessary role for families to function correctly. A role that very few women are filling now.

Just because we've started treating everyone with more "equality" doesn't mean we haven't also lost something (have you seen marriage/divorce rates?)

Roles, rank, and respect are disappearing. Pride is a huge issue in our culture, largely with women. "I don't need no man!" is a piss-poor attitude when you also have 2 kids and a career. "You say I'm a bitch like it's a bad thing!" because it is a bad thing.

What women have gained for themselves (careers, money, societal status), families have lost in a mother and caretaker. There is now no one to stay home and clean, so we hire a maid. There is now no one to cook, so we go out to eat and get fat at fast food restaurants. There is now no one to watch the children, so we drop them at daycares or hire nannies. 

I never said women were less intelligent than men (they aren't), or that women can't get jobs or do what they want to do. But there comes a point, in marriage specifically, when you have to choose responsibility over what you want to do. Women are VITAL to the success of their families, but instead they'd rather further their own interests than allow their husband any sense of manhood.

What is a man, these days? You talk about women serving more purposes than bearing children, but what about men? What purpose do men serve, now, apart from planting children into women? Marriage rates are at the lowest they've been in centuries. A marriage to a woman is unappealing to men, and women are too consumed in their own careers to "settle." Divorce rates are at an all time high, and women tend to get the better end of that deal, too.

Marriage has become a trap for men. I'd as soon stay single and avoid all the mess. And women have made that easy, too. Condoms, birth control, etc. remove the risk of any unwanted fetus and there are plenty of "liberated" females that are willing to have sex without any sort of stipulation. Slim risk of pregnancy, sex, no responsibility...why get married, again? Why monogamy, when you could have sex with many women?

Posted

But there comes a point, in marriage specifically, when you have to choose responsibility over what you want to do. Women are VITAL to the success of their families, but instead they'd rather further their own interests than allow their husband any sense of manhood.

Sounds like you're arguing that women alone should take on the role of caretaker. Sounds like you're placing women in the suffocating position of raising children and maintaining the home; two never-ending and very difficult jobs. You say that women are selfishly abandoning their caretaking responsibility in order to further their own interests, when that is exactly what you're doing by insisting that it is the women's duty to take the role of caretaker. You put her in that position because you would rather not take it on yourself. Your interests involve taking on the rewarding role of breadwinner, earning yourself prestige among coworkers and family as a respected worker. Whlie a thankless maintenance job is beneath you, not because it's not your job but because men don't like doing thankless tasks.

They want their masculinity recognised, and that can only be gained by being visible in the public eye. People don't recognise the people who keep everything running, though it is the harder more varied and skilled job. People don't recognise it, but doing work that produces will be recognised and that is what you want, in order to make yourself feel more masculine and so therefore more confident in yourself in society. Confidence requires validation, and that requires an audience and therefore recognition. You're treating women like the beasts of burden as they always have been throughout history. But society changes, 'breadwinning' isn't the job it once was, and gender roles are no longer necessary to the maintenance and progress of the society we have built. You might have a hard time thinking of yourself as a caretaker and taking on that role, not because it is inherently wrong for a man to do so, but because of your masculine pride, in that you must earn prestige through recognised work. I think there was something in the bible about pride, if you don't mind me throwing your religion and moral code back at you.

So masculine pride is the problem. You need to find new ways to maintain your self confidence.

PrimaGaga, Cascade, Sahaqiel and 1 other like this

Posted

Bc urn mascul'n'ty isn't recognised? Crepe

Posted

I'm saying women are inferior to men. Don't be so pedantic, Max.

there is no reason to read past this line. 

But on the plus side, it seems like there will be plenty of gay sex in heaven. Hooray! Happy birthday Chase!

Cascade likes this