Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Is that the one where the Devil wears modern clothing?

Nah, the devil's a fireball

Posted

My masculinity is safe. I'm not married.

Posted

What is a man, these days?

NOTHING BUT A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!

Leaving the forums agajn....................

Didn't you leave because there wasn't enough spirited debate anymore? Well, here it is, the shitstorm is among us!

Chase likes this

Posted

Also, I'm well aware of my audience. I was giving an insight to my perspective after Max called me out, not inviting a debate. I love you guys, but our community here is incredibly liberal and so I hardly expect you to be tolerant of my archaic designs for marriage.

Peace out, my niggas. I'm gonna go party for my b-day.

Posted

JOOUS GLORPHBON CHASE, OH HAPPIEST OF DAYS

Posted

Good luck finding any girls to party with! Though i suppose you could just buy them with that attitude. They are nothing more than objects, after all.

Sahaqiel and Cascade like this

Posted

Ahhh hes gone. We need to find something new to argue about. Uhhhh, Table cloth frills are stupid!

Posted

I hope you're not being serious. If you know me at all, you know I don't even remotely feel like women are objects. No more than men, anyway.

Posted

Also, I'm well aware of my audience. I was giving an insight to my perspective after Max called me out, not inviting a debate. I love you guys, but our community here is incredibly liberal and so I hardly expect you to be tolerant of my archaic designs for marriage.

Peace out, my niggas. I'm gonna go party for my b-day.

Statement of opinions is always an invitation to debate. You can't invite the fire to dinner and expect it not to burn your house down.

I don't mind your view of things as long as you find someone who shares them in the end, but I'm not really willing to let you just say that and not pose my ideas as well. If this does cause problems for you with women in the future, I hope you manage to sort it out and find a way you're both satisfied. Plenty of women feel satisfied with fulfilling the role you want them to, so I hope you marry one of those. Not being liberal doesn't mean you should change your ways; it just means you shouldn't marry liberals. I don't think you're a bad dude. Have a good birthday <:

Posted

Ahhh hes gone. We need to find something new to argue about. Uhhhh, Table cloth frills are stupid!

omg they are SO stupid!

Also, it's free comic book day so my friend and i are gonna hit a few stores and collect all the good free comics!

Teto likes this

Posted (edited)

Ahhhhhh it didn't catch, I HATE ASPARAGUS, ALL ASPARAGUS FANS ARE INFERIOR TO THE PRINCIPALITY OF NO ASPARAGUS.

omg they are SO stupid!

Also, it's free comic book day so my friend and i are gonna hit a few stores and collect all the good free comics!

Yeah, i'm on the bus to my lcs now actually. Meeting up with Zako. We did this last year too Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

And by 'liberal' I mean very liberal. I think everybody's some degree of liberal. The people on the extreme end act as sandblasters that slowly change the depth of liberalism that can be adopted. I don't know if you'd class yourself as a liberal, but you're definitely somewhere on the nicer end (in the green zone where before liberalism get's too intense and suffocating).

The extreme liberals are good for convincing the government and systems to allow legally a greater range of ideologies to be adopted by people, and I think that's a good thing. The more people feel that they can express themselves and their beliefs, the more free everybody will be to decide how they want to be, and so we continue to march slowly toward the universal perfect balance. Extremists are essential to the process of social reform, I guess.

In the case of being able to decide who and what we want to be, you've decided where you want to be, and that's fine. You haven't picked badly; your view is balanced enough that you can reasonably get what you want in a relationship while someone else gets what they want from you in return. So you've settled well, if you have settled.

But feminists and whatnot exist to make sure that women, queer folk, poc, and whoever else are allowed the same variety of possibilities in their lives as each other.

Posted

@Chase, I have to take breaks from the internet and the forums often. Liberals are totally over-represented in the places I visit. It's nice to have a breather every now and then. That goes the same for any homogenized group. There needs to be a mix up because only hearing one side of an opinion for a long time in a super liberal-saturated place is soul crushing.

Teto likes this

Posted

I like normal discussions with people. Debates bother me. I like to refine my own opinions rather than try and convince people of them, and that's what discussions are for. I like Chase being here.

My first post was super critical, but the brief discussion made me more level-headed about it, and I'm happy for that. I feel like I understand the place of extreme views a bit better now after talking it out, and I feel that little more tolerant of the great variety of 'ways to be'. It's almost narrowminded of me to think that all women equally desire complete freedom and that they all want a career, and to talk in such a way that I'm almost telling Chase to be someone else, or he won't get any women ever. There will be women who will want to have their children and home under their own control, and there's nothing wrong with that, and they'll be happy for a husband who wants to assume the corresponding roles. All that matters is understanding, and that if his wife ever needed help he'd be willing to contribute. And I don't think he'd be against that, because I imagine Chase is a cool enough dude when it matters.

What matters in a relationship is balance I guess. There are a number of things required in maintaining a happy household, and as long as each party assumes positions that cover all of those things, it should work out. Be it the man or the woman assuming different positions. But if Chase wants the traditional way, he should be allowed to want it, so long as he doesn't force people to fit the corresponding role that fulfills the other necessities, and finds someone who wants to fit that role. It's a matter of design, and finding pieces to fit.

Hope you don't mind that I'm copying all of this and putting it into a blog post on tumblr. Cropping out names because it's not a kind of 'name and shame' post. Just a display of my opinions and thoughts, using your posts to give context. 

Iargely Iegendry likes this

Posted

Just to be completely clear,

I would never hurt a woman, let alone a wife. Mistreatment and abuse are things I despise. And if she ever wanted to leave, she's more than welcome to. I just want to provide for and protect my family. I want trust, and I want to feel needed. I don't think these things are too much to ask for, really. 

I'm not a dictator. I like control, but I hate abuse of power. If I ever did marry, my wife would be at the forefront of my mind. Her happiness is just as important to me as my own. And if anyone thinks I would be the father/husband that sits on the couch with a beer while his wife does all the work, well, you don't know me very well.

Teto likes this