Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally I intend to sign up my children and my children's children to this site, and the tradition will pass from son to daughter to son over the generations. The regulars will all have their children join the site and the site will continue as a kind of playpen full of our ancestors, carrying on our torch. Over time the tradition will solidify good connections between our families, and families will join families. In-breeding will narrow down the family tree as memeber marries member over the generations. Until the day one sole ancestor remains, as a genetic mishmash of every member here. And He shall be called DaryFyre69, and He shall rule over all.

Cirt likes this

Posted

That person will probably be omnigendered, so I think you should check your privilege before calling DaryFyre69 a he...

Posted

You speak as if I haven't already seen it in the nightfires. This is more than a prediction, it is in the stars that DarkFyre69 will rise as the first son of Tomoki and London.

Posted

Ha my child will rise, just you wait. There will be a time when YLA is be plastered on walls and... lol there needs to be a female involved in a child who am I kidding. I'll just immortal.

Posted

So half an hour ago or so I got to my school's bus stop, because the bus I take to walmart for groceries arrives and leaves every hour on the hour. Once I got there, I could see my bus was at a stop sign on the other side of the bus turnaround juuuuuust getting ready to pull out. So I booked it down the sidewalk and caught up to it while it was still at the stop sign, and the driver saw me, but she waved me away like "oh fuck off you're late."

So I chased the bus for a little ways until it comes to a stop for a moment at a busy intersection, and she still doesn't open the door for me, even though I've got my student bus card in hand. So I keep chasing her along the road, and she stops at two different speed bumps in the middle of campus where she could have stopped for me easily, but she didn't. So rather than keep chasing her, I just gave her the finger as she drove off.

I started walking back to my house about ten minutes away when this guy called to me "Did that driver see you?" I told him, "Yeah, she saw me and still didn't stop! She even waved me away, can you believe that?" He asked me what number bus it was and where it was going, and I told him. He says "My name is Eric Weldy and I'm the Vice President of Student Affairs here. I'm going to look into this, because I saw everything that just happened and that woman should have stopped for you." So I think I just got that driver fired. Which kind of sucks though, because I still haven't been able to go to walmart to get food for the week.

Sahaqiel, Cirt and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

There have been multiple occasions where I've had to book it on my bike to the train station, and have literally been less than five feet from the train before it takes off--I'm sure the train driver saw me, too. It sucks.

idk if she's going to get fired, per se, but she might get a stern talking-to. Unless it's a repeat-offense thing. I think it's a rule that they can't open the door at intersections regardless of what's going on, because that's happened to me too. I don't know about the speed bump thing.

Posted

So half an hour ago or so I got to my school's bus stop, because the bus I take to walmart for groceries arrives and leaves every hour on the hour. Once I got there, I could see my bus was at a stop sign on the other side of the bus turnaround juuuuuust getting ready to pull out. So I booked it down the sidewalk and caught up to it while it was still at the stop sign, and the driver saw me, but she waved me away like "oh fuck off you're late."

So I chased the bus for a little ways until it comes to a stop for a moment at a busy intersection, and she still doesn't open the door for me, even though I've got my student bus card in hand. So I keep chasing her along the road, and she stops at two different speed bumps in the middle of campus where she could have stopped for me easily, but she didn't. So rather than keep chasing her, I just gave her the finger as she drove off.

I started walking back to my house about ten minutes away when this guy called to me "Did that driver see you?" I told him, "Yeah, she saw me and still didn't stop! She even waved me away, can you believe that?" He asked me what number bus it was and where it was going, and I told him. He says "My name is Eric Weldy and I'm the Vice President of Student Affairs here. I'm going to look into this, because I saw everything that just happened and that woman should have stopped for you." So I think I just got that driver fired. Which kind of sucks though, because I still haven't been able to go to walmart to get food for the week.

So many times this has happened to me. Don't feel bad. puppy that bus driver.

Posted (edited)

I mean, if there's a regulation somewhere that says she should've stopped, then that's on her. Otherwise, I'm wondering why you bothered to chase the bus...

(I am the person that begrudges people who are slow to board public transit and put things off schedule (because I am always rushing because I am pretty time-dumb (I am a jerk.)))

Edited by Rawberry (see edit history)

Posted

I mean, if there's a regulation somewhere that says she should've stopped, then that's on her. Otherwise, I'm wondering why you bothered to chase the bus...

(I am the person that begrudges people who are slow to board public transit and put things off schedule (because I am always rushing because I am pretty time-dumb (I am a jerk.)))

I don't really think she had to be a jerk about it. From the sounds of it there was a few times where the bus was stopped and he could have gotten on without holding the bus up.

Posted

So half an hour ago or so I got to my school's bus stop, because the bus I take to walmart for groceries arrives and leaves every hour on the hour. Once I got there, I could see my bus was at a stop sign on the other side of the bus turnaround juuuuuust getting ready to pull out. So I booked it down the sidewalk and caught up to it while it was still at the stop sign, and the driver saw me, but she waved me away like "oh puppy off you're late."

idk wtf this video is but it made me think of this scene

http://youtu.be/wEcqhCSJUhw?t=35s

Posted

Well I wasn't in the street or pounding on the bus or anything! I was running alongside it on the sidewalk!

Posted

Sold off a bunch of old games and DVDs. Got £85 for it all and got Link Between Worlds, OoT 3D, MGS5 Ground Zeroes, and Beyond Two Souls. Nice haul in all. Glad MGS5 was fairly cheap at £20 considering the apparent low content.

Well I wasn't in the street or pounding on the bus or anything! I was running alongside it on the sidewalk!

You probably looked well gay.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

like a badass*

Posted

like a badass*

That's what teto said

Posted

Sold off a bunch of old games and DVDs. Got £85 for it all and got Link Between Worlds, OoT 3D, MGS5 Ground Zeroes, and Beyond Two Souls. Nice haul in all. Glad MGS5 was fairly cheap at £20 considering the apparent low content.

You probably looked well gay.

I'm sure he looked more pissed than gay.