Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol. I bet thats some funny shit. Or suffocating depending on your temperament

Posted

It was weird. I wasn't actually that comfortable with them insulting Obama.

I wonder if it's a Southern thing to respect Putin. I didn't know if there was a lingering confederate mindset or something. When the Ukraine thing was happening, my family was like "if they wanna go to Russia, let them go". It seemed like the to-each-his-own mindset

Posted

lol if only thats how real world issues worked. 

Posted

I bought a Wii U and mario kart 8 today and then realised i didnt have enough money for when friends are visiting next week so i got a refund lmao

gonna buy it again next payday

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

where did our cheerful conversation go? I though we werent gonna censor ourselves.

Posted

Receeeiiived a report, and to begin with I didn't say we weren't going to censor ourselves, I said we haven't been.

But forums typically cut out the petty stuff, and if someone had a complaint then I'm inclined to cut out the petty stuff.

Posted

edit

Posted (edited)

I really hate my individual comments being deleted. The conversation between us wasn't petty, I don't think. Ammonsa's outburst, yeah.

Not trying to criticize stuff all the time or trying to be a peen

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

Deleting posts is a bad way of enforcing stuff, just probate us or something or warn us instead of deleting posts. I literally can't think of any reason why posts would need to be deleted unless we posted something illegal.

It just sets a shitty precedent.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree with that. But also on a human level, I wouldn't want you, Saha, to feel like you're criticized no matter what you do :[

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
Ammonsa likes this

Posted

Sorry if I sound overly critical yeah

Posted

Scenario 1:

I hide Ammonsa's post specifically, and maybe Phanta's, because it doesn't make sense without the context of Ammonsa's post.

Ammonsa and/or Phanta are offended and give me some kind of negative backlash, and I receive pressure to not enforce rules that involve censoring negative comments, even though removing things that create a toxic atmosphere are kind of what a forum moderator is expected to do, but nobody will level with me on this. I restate my stance again and we get nowhere, again.

Scenario 2:

I warn Ammonsa and hide her post.

Everyone here knows warnings are meaningless because banning regular users will not help us at this point, as no member is disposable. I take flak for enforcing rules suddenly. The warning stays indefinitely and will be seen as a "one time thing".

Scenario 3:

Hide the whole conversation, because it seems tense, and since we even came to an agreement that leaned towards my terms, it wouldn't seem petty if I just hid the whole thing. It's not a particularly important conversation to the forums.

Since everyone in the conversation is treated equally, maybe it won't be so bad. But someone might bring it up and talk about censoring comments.

Scenario 4:

I leave the comment there. In the future, someone comes across this and thinks "Wow, these people aren't very pleasant. I don't want to be here," and goes away. My actions, in effect, have taken criticism. I have done a bad job as an admin.

------

This was my thought process. I act under the assumption that I take criticism no matter what I do, if it's enforcing some kind of rule or changing anything at all.

Also, nobody has said whether they like the new favicon or not.

Posted

what the puppy is a favicon?

Posted

KPhCwIQ.png

Thing on the top left. The Triforce.

Posted

Oh you did change that and I forgot to thank you for it, I'm sorry. :sadlink:

I need to remember it's called a favicon as well.