Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Specever. What's going on with you these days?

Posted

So I saw TFiOS yesterday and it was so much better than the book I feel. Which is rare to say, but I didn't feel the emotion in the book. The whole thing seemed more awkward than cute, which makes sense, but it never got any less awkward. The movie did a good job of both.

The Book Thief seemed pretty manipulative according to the trailer. I felt like the trailer was trying to make me cry. Nazis and Jews, a little girl learning how to read? Or like teaching a grown man how to read ? Also there's a dog I think?

I feel like it was packed with those joyful yet somber triumphant moments that tend to make people cry

I've heard it's sad, but I've also heard that the first chapter or two is really boring so hopefully I can press through it.

Posted

Saw HTTYD 2 and cried big time. A+ sequel. Going to see it again on Sunday (with different friends who think I haven't seen it so whoops I'm gonna try to act surprised, pfft).

Posted

I haven't even seen the first one yet. I'm very far behind. I still want to see Wall-E, Tangled, and Frozen. Though I've heard Frozen is just awful.

Posted

Huh. Not sure if thats sarcasm or not. Frozen's pretty popular.

Posted (edited)

It's popular so there's probably a big backlash from people who are against it for no other reason

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, thats what I figured, but I couldn't tell if this was a case of sarcasm or backlash.

Posted

Definitely backlash. It's the highest grossing animated movie of all time and the 5th highest grossing movie of all time. Of course people are going to hate it, because they're seeing it everywhere. If you've been on Facebook in the last 3 months or so, you've probably seen more "Let It Go" renditions than you could ever want to.

Posted

going to HTTYD2 today yeh

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Also, at least on Tumblr, ive seen a lot of Frozan hate because its "the ubisoft of movies" (or rather, the other way around, but w/e) 

I understand what they mean when they say that but ugh i dont care anymore

Posted

i never finished watching the first one cause the actor who plays Hiccup has the most obnoxious voice ive heard in acting, but i recently torrented it so ill give it another chance.

Posted

It was super great guys

also very unexpectedly dark in the middle there for a kids' movie, but holy shit, most beautiful movie I've seen in a while

Posted

Huh. Not sure if thats sarcasm or not. Frozen's pretty popular.

It wasn't sarcasm, nor was it backlash. I've heard mixed things about it. Like one of my friends says that it's amazing and the other said it was crap and those are the only opinions I've heard about it because I tried to avoid anything Frozen to prevent spoiling myself.

Posted

Oh, you haven't seen it. Okay.