Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

pheo I'm tired of our friendship

Posted

I'm just tired.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'm tired of y'all being tired. Lazy bourgeois puppys.

On a more positive note, They're putting me through management training at work. Might be getting promoted to an assistant manager.  

Jareddude, pheonix561 and Cascade like this

Posted

I got codes from Nintendo for early access to the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for 3DS demo, and I don't really plan on using them. I don't know how common they are or if anybody here cares, but if there is anyone who wants one then I can give it to you.

Posted

I have the demo but I can find people who want it if you are ok with that

Posted

I'll just post them here and you can do whatever you want with them.

A06WTHFF1S6UHFYE

A071C9GP0JDWA6QL

Posted

I'm so puppying tired of people.

Posted

What went wrong on your date?

Posted

oh noooooo :sadlink:

Posted

Pending Jared's hopeful follow-thru, I'll relate some of my own life, since I've been doing very little of that lately.

So I sleep from 12pm to 8pm and right now I'm just trying to make it to my sleeptime, because it's a really easy to disturb schedule. The reason is that my job has me working really early hours, and in order to still partake in the night life, I have to be awake between 8pm and 4am; this is my ideal work schedule considering the night life.

Uh. idk I'm just pretty sure I haven't mentioned that to you guys generally so there you go, it's a tidbit about my life. I recently went out to a rave with some friends and I was hit on by four separate men. In order to keep my face concealed during high-intensity public scenarios like dance raves, or while DJing, or really just any situation where there are people, I wear a mask.

15924_1060979640595415_75162323345056919

(left to right, a friend of mine named Brittney, some random foreign guy she knows, and myself) bonus image

The first guy to hit on me thought my mask was neat and wanted to wear it. I reluctantly agreed though I knew our heads were different sizes and the mask's ribbon was tied too tightly to patiently undo and retie, especially in a dark room with a high-energy crowd. After I took the mask off he said "Wow, I thought you'd be ugly without the mask, but you're gorgeous." I didn't quite catch it so he said "I thought you'd be some ugly bitch, but it turns out you're beautiful." and I said "Thanks, but I'm a guy." and he shrugged and said "Don't matter." After that he was really aggressively nuzzling the side of my face with his own face and talked in a seductive manner about ordinary things like having me help him tie the mask and lending me his light-up gloves. I talked normally as if he wasn't nuzzling my face because I just thought it was funny and my friends were nearby so I was secure. I told him I couldn't undo the ribbon so he said it was fine and I walked off trying to find where my friends had suddenly gone when I turned away from them.

Turns out they were at the bar, so I told them about it and my friend Matt said the guy was probably on drugs, saying they "transcended gender barriers". I was thinking nah, the guy was probably bi or something. While waiting for Matt to stop talking to some guy next to him about something, a guy to my right compliments my mask. I say thanks, and we have a small conversation about it. The guy asks to buy me a beer, and I said, "Hey sorry, you know I'm a guy right?" and he shrugs a little disheartened but still offers to get me a beer, and I said something along the effect of "I don't really like beer, but thank you for the offer." I feel like a dick when I turn down beer from what LITERAL URINE it is but them's the brakes. I feel it's appropriate to mention that my mom has been texting me near the weekends to avoid accepting drinks from strangers, to not leave my drinks around uncovered, and to only get water in bottles because she's had things slipped in her drinks twice before, which was quite a bomb to drop on me randomly. But I was like yeah. I had to drive myself anyway, so I wasn't about to drink more than a few sips of whatever. I feel like drinking without the intent to get drunk is totally pointless. It's like drinking piss on a dare. Since alcohol is disgusting.

Anyway so the third guy was a bigger guy (not buff just big) and he practically surfaces out of the crowd like a shark, undetected up until that point, to walk directly to me and tell me "You're fucking beautiful." I say "Thanks... you too!" and I think the tone of my voice wasn't feminine enough because he got this somewhat disheartened look on his face and slunk back into the crowd never to be seen again after that. I find my voice can be somewhat gender neutral at times, depending on my mood and environment, but this guy rolled well on his perception check I guess. 

Fourth guy was a stout person who was dancing nearby to me and he said something like "Why are you wearing a mask?" and I said something like "I just like to." and without many more words he started actively dancing with me. I just rolled with it. A somewhat buff, bald, tall-looking guy came in with an incredulous smirk on his face and started talking to the stout guy; I am pretty sure he was telling him that I'm not a girl. But stout guy didn't seem to get it and didn't stop dancing with me. I was watching Brittney's bag so I turned my head occasionally to check Matt/Brittney/her bag's position, but when turning my head once they weren't anywhere near me so I took a little bit longer to locate them in the crowd, and when I turned my head back the stout guy was gone. I shrugged and kept dancing, but at some point stout guy came back and again danced with me. I fist bumped him and kept dancing, when tall guy came back probably reiterating my sex to him, then practically dragged him away. It was silly.

Among these stories, I've DJ'd at a local bar (a bit of trivia, it's on South Grand, one of the streets ravaged by the Ferguson riots) a couple times now. I was recently listening to the bartender's conversation with another customer after I played a set, and he said he was roofied at a club recently. What I didn't know, is that being roofied apparently affects you literal weeks afterwards, so he was still recovering during Thanksgiving. Some asshole was trying to put it in some girl's drink but he took the hit. I told him that even though I don't understand what being roofied is like, I would at least take solace in the fact that he took the hit for someone who might have had a much worse night and subsequent weeks. Just the thought made me wish I could punch the perpetrator right in his stupid face.

The customer he was talking to was an aspiring vocalist/DJ who likewise shares a passion for electronic music who was very inquisitive of how I came to DJ there (even though it's an easy to enter establishment and I'd only DJ'd there twice lol) and I brought up that I make music, and she asked if I have any vocals in my work, which sounded very much like an offer for her talents. I'm somewhat hoping that this turns out to be a valuable connection, and I'm looking forward to where it might go.

As a tangent of the point about my dislike of the taste of alcohol, I've gotten drunk a few times now, starting with a playthrough of the Dark Souls drinking game. I spent my first night drunk complaining to my friends about how people could possibly think driving in that state is a good idea. I'm surprisingly cognizant while drunk, and I only let go of a little more inhibition than normal. The major change is that I'm really wobbly. I lose a lot of motor control, but nothing too drastic. I recently got drunk at a friend's garage party and literally danced as hard I could in the most ridiculous ways I could think of. I was self-challenging to flail and gyrate as much as physically possible for a sustained amount of time. I ended up dancing straight like this for about four hours before my body started overheating and I had to collapse every once in awhile to do what I felt was literally blowing off steam, as I would often forcefully exhale steady breaths to get rid of body heat. According to my friends, despite how exaggerated my motions were ("Allen burns like 100 calories per minute over there") they said it didn't look out of the ordinary for rave dancing, other than my surprising stamina. One of our other friends was DJing with Top40 songs from the past five years, but I guess I was too drunk to care. I just wanted to dance, and it was fun, and we danced, and it was a good night.

But yeah alcohol is gross. My friends were offering me mixed drinks and I was like "Look. I don't care. It's going to be gross no matter what you do to it. The point is that here's drunk, and here's me. I need to get to drunk as fast as possible or there's no point in drinking the stuff." I would imagine drinking without the intent to get drunk is like drinking cough syrup without any of the benefits of cough syrup. So I don't really drink unless it's in very specific, private, safe circumstances.

I feel good about getting these delinquent experiences under my belt. I think I'd like to delve deeper into the delinquent experience.

Jareddude and T1g like this

Posted

I find being drunk just magnifies what's there.

Posted

What went wrong on your date?

What are you talking about? I didn't go on a date. Brian told me off about how bad of a person I was and left me. To think he was my "friend" for 4+ years because of this site. puppy him.

After all I did for him too. Seriously, puppy him.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

What happened? What did he say?

Posted

I'm really sorry that happened Jared, you're a cool dude in my book and deserve to be treated nicer than whatever he did to you :o