Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

If you write off an artist for their personal beliefs, you're a fool. 

Yet still we must go on admiring your work, reading your books, staring at your paintings - these, the paintings of a fool. We must learn from you. Which is the greater curse: that of folly, or that of education by folly? That of being a Huge Puppying Racist?

Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

God I feel awful. My flatmate is being really distant and I'm getting messed up worrying that she's withholding some bitter resentment toward me. She's been increasingly anxious over the past week, and has spent today in her room. Any questions or greetings from me are met with stalled, monotone replies, short and placating. I have no idea where I stand, and so I'm getting really worked up. I feel like a 6 year old standing out in front of an audience of 1000 people, but without the sympathy; the 6 year old will get booed off stage at the end.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I remember having that problem with my flatmate senior year of college. It just turned out to be relationship issues with a girl, wasn't even remotely my fault. It helps to keep in mind a lot of the time a person's disposition isn't really your fault.

Posted

Well, in this case is kind of was. I was too convinced I'd done nothing wrong that I didn't realise that, deep down, I was being a generally lazy and inconsiderate flatmate, not really pulling my weight with chores. I got worked up with excuses, but eventually I gave in and realised I was just plain wrong, and there was no escaping that. So the air is clear, and we're friends again.

Posted

Wow, you don't play around do you, Cassandra? I would still be mourning the death of my last lover, but a week or two passes and you're already back in the dating game!! Good for you ?

Cirt likes this

Posted

I'm trying to move on from it. It's kind of a confusing situation for me, I don't know if it's too soon or anything. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I don't want to make it seem like this girl is just some replacement or anything.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still mourning the loss, but I'm just like... I don't know man. Maybe this is wrong

Posted

I don't suppose anyone in the belleville area is looking for a room mate? Cause I need to get right the puppy out of here.

Posted

Soul Calibur II has a song with one of the coolest names I've ever heard which is "Brave Sword, Braver Soul". I believe it's the theme on the stage that's like a Japanese mansion on a cliffside.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I don't suppose anyone in the belleville area is looking for a room mate? Cause I need to get right the puppy out of here.

I'm gathering that the majority of people have at least one semi-traumatic roommate situation in their life. Mine was sophomore year of college, when lived with a guy who had the craziest mood swings I've ever seen. He broke my door once out of anger!

My wife is definitely the best person I've lived with. All my roommates were terrible by comparison! But I guess that's as expected. 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Oh man, bad roommates. This guy Joe I lived with. I loved everyone else in that house dearly and am still in contact with them, but joe was a piece of shit. He was the kind of guy who seems like a perfectly good, friendly guy once you meet him, but as you get to know him more and more you realize just what utter scum he really is. That guy was a counseling major, and he was only going into counseling so he could meet broken women and fix them up, cause that was what he was into. He would go out and try to break up girls he liked with their boyfriends and get them to date him instead. Like, purposely. Taking advantage of girls who weren't necessarily in bad relationships with their boyfriends but just fighting at the time, and cheating with them, just because they were more open. As my friend Steve put it, "if he were any worse of a person, he'd wear fedoras and post on facebook about how women never go for nice guys like him."

I used to lock the door to our house at night, but Joe scolded me because he hated having to unlock the door to the house he lived in, so I stopped doing that. Then one day we had a party, and since he didn't lock his door, he went into his room afterwards and everything was stolen. That guy deserved it, he was such a dick. Plus he never cleaned the dishes, so fuck that about him too.

Posted

Bad roommates are always hell while you're living through it but it always does make a good story for later.

Pheo I really liked the karma aspect of your story. puppy joe

pheonix561 likes this