Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Sounds good.

Posted

Yeah. He was kind enough to send me the specs altogether for the build he recommended in google docs. The tower comes in at $1202, which is just about what I was expecting to have to pay. Of course, I completely forgot to look at prices for monitors, speakers, keyboards, etc, and all of that together ended up coming together at $190, which means I'm actually paying $1400 instead of $1200. It's completely doable though.

Here's the document he sent, in case any of you were curious what we ended up deciding on.

Posted

It's always cool to hear the voice of a long-dead person who played a big role in history. It makes them feel more like actual people who lived than portraits in a history book.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I just spent all morning moving out of my final living arrangement of my college years. It's a little bittersweet, but my life is a bit of a whirlwind right now with my last online class wrapping up and suddenly getting news that I will in fact be teaching part time at my old high school. It's been a rollercoaster of good news and bad news in that department, but it's finally looking like it's gonna work out! So all my furniture just left my apartment to go home, and then I'm settling in back home in the next few weeks, starting the new job and tying up some loose ends. 

I'm stressed out as hell and I'm a bit sad that I can't get drunk every night because I've been doing that for the past 3 weeks but eh, life is finally moving again for me. I will be really sad to leave my college town though, I've spent a while dreading the move especially since I've been dating someone new here that I really like and my hometown, which is literally suburbia, is rather dull. My brother is taking the bar exam next week to be all lawyer-y, but he doesn't have a job yet, so he's also moving home. My parents and my brother and I will be living together again for the first time since 2006 and it's gonna be really, really weird.

Jareddude and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Wow, Cirt. That sounds crazy. I'm glad things are looking up for you though! I'm happy for you. :)

Cirt likes this

Posted

i came on this site to see if Jared announced his announcement yet. wut a disappointment, 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

i came on this site to see if Jared announced his announcement yet. wut a disappointment, 

But it's gonna be August 1st, on Friday! We're gonna post the pictures though. :)

Posted

oh youre announcing the premier of Guardians of the Galaxy?

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

oh man I bet Jared is gonna celebrate my birthday by coming here to visit I just know it :D

Posted

Knuckle, you're the second person to mention it's their birthday on the 1st. XD

Knuckle likes this

Posted

what announcement

Posted

what announcement

exactly

Posted

Guys he's probably just meeting Crocodile in person or something and all he wants to do is generate hype for some reason

I mean its always cool to see photos of hnet members meeting up but there's no reason to get on the forums once a week for two months and go "I HAVE A SECRET AND I'M NOT TELLIN YOU TEEHEEHEE"

Posted

Who is crocodile?