Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi. :)

Posted

I'm at this goth club in Dallas lol and someone grabbed my butt on the dance floor. This place is funny and cool. They play synthpop

Posted

That's hot.

Also. I still have your Lucario plushie next to my bed. He has a Pikachu friend now, too. :)

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

I bought myself a new laptop today \o/ \o/ one that isn't shit and doesn't overheat at the slightest thing I do!!! I guess all the effort it took to get my old laptop's screen fixed not too long ago was completely pointless lol. But it got sent back fixed and the fan was inexplicably not working when it was fine beforehand so w/e it was easier to just start all over again. Transferring all my stuff over will not be too fun but ehh, I can tough it out.

Where did Phanta disappear too in other news. Forum feels less lively without him I feel ):

Posted

He's unofficially left.

Posted

where's the dislike button when you need one? ):

Posted

He'll be back.

Does anybody have any advice on how to install an OS from a flashdrive or something? I'm putting my new computer together tomorrow with my friend and I'd like to make sure it actually has an OS, but the windows 8 version I bought is supposed to be downloaded, there's not hard copy to be sent to me. Of course I'd want to do something like "oh of course I'll just download it when I boot it up," but it only recently occurred to me: how am I supposed to download an OS if I don't have an OS to download stuff with? Basically I have no idea what I'm doing here and I need some advice.

Posted

do you have a static wrist strap, you punk?

Posted

I do not, but my old roommate is the one putting it together, and he knows what he's doing.

Posted

if he isn't grounded to something, he doesn't know what he's doing

you punk...

but really it'll be generally useful if you've got one. They're cheap. And a surge protector. If something in the assembly didn't go completely right or you just want to drop a new piece of hardware in, you're going to want to ground yourself. Also, clean your computer out with airduster somewhat regularly, like every month or so. Keep your machine off carpeted floors. Dust is a problem even if it's just in thin layers.

Posted

I'm sitting here slowly dying because I can't figure out how to turn my usb into a bootable usb with wondows .exe and such and I have my big fancy thousand dollar machine right here that can't do anything because it doesn't have windows 8 on it

Posted

I actually found that link already after I made that post! It's specifically designed for computer inept people like me, thank god. Hopefully I can borrow one of the school's computers to install this stuff on and make it work, or just my friend's laptop or something.