Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay I wasn't gonna ask him because he has a life and works more than usual this week and I'm considerate of his needs but okay

Andrew pair the first SnK OP theme with the metric system 

Now

Your girlfriend commands it

and so does your boyfriend

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

This is going to happen and it's going to be both your faults.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Also unrelated but shrubs and I agree this is the most important video in existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWgit4ZvkLI

DR SHRUBBERY! and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Treemo has told me to inform you all that she has created a 60fps monster

Posted

Yeah the 60fps puppyed up for some reason. Youtube wouldn't even do it in HQ.

Ah well, I'll fix things later.

For now, behold this... whatever it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHX_r2qyPo

SilverAlchemic and Knuckle like this

Posted

My belly button makes me and all of humanity liars. You are all personified pyramid corners, and the pyramids debunk Santa God.

Treemotan likes this

Posted

So I finally got my own headset and I'm wearing it right now. Audio quality is great, and I love listening to music through it. But the microphone isn't working properly?

It's a really weird problem. Whenever I'm in a game and I try to say something, my microphone doesn't actually pick up what I'm saying, but instead plays back what I'm hearing. So if I'm in TF2 and I tell someone to help me defend the intel, instead of everyone else hearing my voice, they hear me in the intel room getting shot.

But for some reason, the skype microphone test still works for me? Very softly though? It can still hear my voice, and in pretty good quality, but it's kind of quiet. I don't get it. Whats wrong with my mic? Any ideas or possible solutions?

EDIT: Just tried doing a skype mic check with sound on in the background, and it turns out skype has the same problem. So really any time I'm hearing anything through my earcups, it comes out in my microphone louder than my own voice does. What gives?

Posted

Try to update the driver of your sound card. Or see if your headset has anything like that that needs updating. Using a computer that you built, you'll have to gradually poke around with things like this for a little while. At least in my experience.

Posted

Check your sound settings for their input devices in Skype and TF2. It sounds like you're setting your sound device (the thing that plays your sound) as your input (microphone) which means you are literally sending every sound that's supposed to be coming out of your output device (headphones) through what your computer is using as a microphone (your computer sound).

This literally has to be it, at least I think so. I often record my output by setting my microphone input to the computer sound. So pretty much what you're having a problem with but intentionally. So make sure that your input device in your sound settings is set to your microphone. It should just be named Microphone or External Mic.

The other problem is possibly that for some reason, your microphone-headset is being registered as both but they're being mixed up. But that doesn't sound likely because that would mean your headphones are both outputting and inputting at the same time, and your mic isn't doing anything.

Pheo I'll be in town tomorrow, maybe I can literally stop by for like twenty minutes to help you out.

Posted (edited)

Saha is right, you have to go into your sound settings and check.  Since the headset is providing both the speaker source and the mic source, you have to be sure to set the correct one to the correct spot.  Let me know if you need help and saha can't come by, I'll make a quick video going over it.

This messed me up several times when recording as I would record one source twice, making it useless.  Part of the reason i don't use mic'd headsets on my computer anymore.
Edited by Skippy (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I wouldn't mind seeing that video Skippy, since I can't seem to get to the bottom of this on my own. I navigated my way through this tutorial, and it says "if you get to the bottom of this and it's still not working, we can't help you. But at least now you know it's not a problem with your system settings." I'm not certain if this is the same as the sound settings you guys are referring to.

Posted

actually, do you have a skype?

Posted

Sure do, I'll add you in a sec.

Posted

i re sent my skype, I sent the wrong on originally

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Skippy and I have been talking about it and trying to diagnose the problem, and it turns out the problem might actually be in the cord itself, not any software or anything. My headset and mic work fine when they're plugged into my phone, but when I run these through the splitter cord thing thats supposed to let me plug my headset into my mic jack and my headphone jack at the same time, thats where things get screwy. It's probably the cord's fault because when I switch the jacks around I get the exact same result, when what I should actually get is no sound at all.

I'm gonna try plugging this stuff into the back of my tower and see if that makes any difference. If nothing changes, I'll try and order a new splitter cord thing. Thanks for the help, guys! Skippy especially!

Skippy likes this