Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Guinness. I like it. I think a large part of why I like it is its consistency. Its pretty thick, and it generates a lot of foam

When my dad invites me to go to the bar just down the street I order Snakebite, which was a popular drink in 19th century England. Its technically any cider and any lager, but I generally have it with Guinness.

In general, I feel Beer holds a place that is otherwise absent in most contemporary meals. A savory beverage. If I'm not drinking it with the express purpose of getting drunk, I drink it with certain meals because I think it might be a good combo.

Oh, and other than Beer I've tried some experimentation as well. I had Mead on my 21st birthday, and it was delicious. I think the only reason I don't have it more is because I'm always trying something new. I've been on a Brandy kick of late. I had Ouzo, which is like brandy except it tastes like black licorice because its fermented with Anise, and I tried to get some Ouzo from Metauxa, since its a famous maker of the stuff, but I accidentally just grabbed Greek Brandy. So now I'm trying some different Brandy's because I ended up enjoying it.

Posted

My first reaction to drinking a beer was repeatedly taking sips and saying things like "Ugh, it just keeps getting worse!" T1g was there.

T1g and Dark_One like this

Posted (edited)

Warm sake is good with certain foods, got a taste for that when I was in Tokyo, but it's hard to find really good sushi in landlocked Missouri.

As far as beer, I lean more towards bocks and reds, unfiltered wheats, and certain oatmeal stouts, the occasional lager and IPA, I avoid light beers at all cost. Also, chase is right, draught beer is king Schlafley is a local brewery that makes a coffee oatmeal stout that is exceptional. In my fridge right now is Kraftig, hoegarrden and killians red.

Saha, that was basically my first experience as well, for me, beer is something I generally only drink with food present.

Edited by Skippy (see edit history)
Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I'm a piece of shit that enjoys craft beer

I've unintentionally become a yuppie guys

IPAs are my jam tho, local beer as well. Then lagers, then ales. I will avoid light beer at all costs unless it's a $2 PBR tall boy and I'm getting shitty at a bar.

I've had trouble with sweet drinks recently, rum (gold or white) and coke zero is always my go to but I seriously love me a good gin and tonic now. The bitterness is good. I hate vodka. I dislike whiskey and bourbon. Tequila is alright. I can't take shots anymore.

Wine is nice, nothing sweet, prefer red. Bought this apple wine (?) that was also sparkling and it was a headache waiting to happen. Idk man I never thought I would ever dump something out for that reason but I couldn't drink it.

Skippy likes this

Posted

The only thing bad about craft beer are people who always talk about craft beer. Not you but you've seen them, rught?

pheonix561 and Cirt like this

Posted

Only thing I've noticed about beer since I've started drinking it is how everyone is completely 110% ready to judge you based on whatever beer is in your hands. Whenever I drink PBR, everyone wants to call me a hipster for some reason. None of them seem to be aware of how it's like three dollars for a six pack.

Anyways, if there's any beer I enjoy drinking, it's imperial stouts. Good and Dark. But I'm not a beer enthusiast or anything, it would be more accurate to say "It's the only kind of beer I've had so far that hasn't been fucking awful." I still can't believe people drink beer to get drunk when there's whiskey.

Posted

I don't drink alchohol, buy my god, my friend made Liquor Chocolate on my birthday it was like the best puppying chocoloate I have ever had in my life.

Posted

Only thing I've noticed about beer since I've started drinking it is how everyone is completely 110% ready to judge you based on whatever beer is in your hands. Whenever I drink PBR, everyone wants to call me a hipster for some reason. None of them seem to be aware of how it's like three dollars for a six pack.

lol, my first beer was a PBR. The one that kept getting worse. The first thing my friend said when offering it to me was that it was the choice beer of rednecks and hipsters.

Posted

They keep bragging about that damn blue ribbon. They won it in the 19th century

Posted

for the record I totally judge you for drinking pbr pheo

Dark_One and T1g like this

Posted

Nobody else drinks Dos Equis? :o

Posted

We don't all have to share in your Eridan x Equius fetish Knuckle

Knuckle likes this

Posted

wait so did you leave or did dio leave

and who came back and who

what?

Posted

IOL0pQF.png

I'm off tumblr now. I feel a little bit better.

I guess I've just spent too much time in my room, and suddenly unengaging content is just starting to annoy me. Probably too much time with too little company, making me resentful of anything that isn't simply comforting.

SilverAlchemic, T1g, Cirt and 1 other like this