Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Except that apparently Snow thinks feminism is a toxic ideology based on what she's seen from tumblr.

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's toxic, it's just that a lot of feminists I find on Tumblr seem to cater more towards absolute female dominance instead of equality, which is something I can't really get behind.

Snow White Queen, are you actually trans??? I've literally never seen you mention this ever on here. Thats what I found weird about your post.

if so then we should probably talk more lmao we'd have something in common then

Did I say I was trans? I looked through a few of my other posts and I don't think I did? I'm a bit ditzy sometimes so I might have forgotten. Anyways I don't think I'm trans, if that helps?

Edited by Snow White Queen (see edit history)

Posted

If I were to describe them, I would say the people you're talking about are parasitic in their ideology. I wouldn't say they are vying for female dominance, more like general misanthropy. They complain endlessly and blame everyone and everything around them for any slight discomfort that they make out to be both the worst thing in the world and also practically the conscious conspiracy of literally every person of whatever given demographic, typically white men.

The worst part is that they typically offer no solutions, just complaints or contagiously toxic sentiments. The easiest solution to them is to just hate and distrust the capabilities and nuances of other people. The point is that oppression does exist, in subtle and subconscious but far-reaching ways. The best thing you can do is have a reasonable conversation about it and make sure people know what kind of advantages they have and what kind of ideas are detrimental to equality.

Another well established issue is the aforementioned straw feminist image. The media perpetuates only the worst of feminists, because it's less effort to scoff at someone rather than to consider their points. But again, these people tend to be bottom of the barrel types.

Also I'm so sure I saw you introduce yourself as trans? Maybe I was hallucinating. Sorry for the misunderstanding if so.

Posted

Yeah that's what I thought, I was really confused by Sahaqiel saying you were trans. Not sure where that came from at all. Thanks for confirming, sorry for the confusion.

I've literally never seen anyone who honestly cares and posts about feminism on Tumblr post that opinion though, aside from obvious troll blogs who people - who want an excuse to discredit anything feminism stands for - latch on to immediately to be all like HAH, tumblr definitely hates all straight white cis men confirmed!!! but honestly i'm just going to end my involvement in this topic here because Hnet has this argument like every other week when possible and I'm extremely bored of the same old "tumblr sux and is full of crazy idiot skeletons whose arguments arent real or serious anyways!" circlejerk that inevitably happens lmao

Posted (edited)

If a trans person is put off by feminists, maybe they came to that opinion on their own.

It's funny that whenever someone disagrees with feminism, it can never just be left alone. It's always a case of "you just don't understand it the right way". This conversation, in a nutshell is why feminists are hard to talk to. It's not cool to have your unique personal experiences, ideas and opinions undermined by someone telling you that you're ignorant.

I think tumblr is dumb, just like any site is dumb. I used to have strong opinions about it, but now I feel like I see it for what it is. It's teenagers and twenty-something flexing their identities, going through phases and experimenting with their ideas. Is it harmful? Not really. Is it embarrassing. Yeah

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

Let's talk about dank memes then

Posted

i will take dank memes over hearing any sort of opinion from anyone on this forum ever again anytime please post some asap xo

Posted

It's practically the same thing as someone saying all atheists are God-hating sociopaths. It's a negative stereotype, so it doesn't matter where it came from, even if it's from someone in an involved demographic. All feminism means is that you want equality between the sexes. Whatever extra there is is a connotation. It's so annoying running into people like that because it automatically discredits your opinion based on that connotation, and that just blocks off the possibility for a meaningful conversation. So it sounds like you're just complaining that your assumptions are often wrong and honestly are the truly annoying opinion. "Hey chill out and let me insult how you feel about a certain subject by telling you what you believe".

Also, I might have thought you were trans based on a post where you mentioned you bought panties. Your intro post mentions that you're gay, not trans. My bad.

Posted

i will take dank memes over hearing any sort of opinion from anyone on this forum ever again anytime please post some asap xo

so this is the story all about how my dank memes got turned upside down

Posted

I would just like to apologize for my sarcastic like of your original post :s It wasn't very kind of me :s

please continue with your memes

Posted

Our souls are held down by earth's gravity, clearly the only option is to drop axis and create a new Ice Age! Only in space can humanity's true destiny be achieved!

Posted

[05:57:48] <Guest11703> anyway i'm going to get ready for work
[05:58:05] * Guest11703 smooches muffin's, cello's foreheads, pats them on the cheek and ties their shoes
[05:58:14] <Guest11703> you kids be good while I'm gone ok
[05:58:28] <Guest11703> remember, as long as I stay in your heart, I'm never really gone...
[05:58:36] <+Cello> i'm wearing velcros
[05:59:00] <Guest11703> hahaha *pushes cello on the ground* loser
[06:00:02] * +Cello rotates the ground 90º so that saha is laying on the ground and Cello is standing up
[06:00:34] <Guest11703> you have learned well, my son ;3

in response to axes

Posted

Seriously though velcros are for nerds

ill fight ya

Posted

a cop got shot down the block from where me and my girlfriend live.

Posted

Oh no :sadlink:

Any news on the motive yet?