Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh my God there is no God!

Posted

I'm starting to feel like satanism is like baby's first heresy. It's super evil and all, but it's less interesting than other alternatives.

Dualist religions seem pretty cool to me lately. Like one that states that there's a dark god and a light god of equal strength in perpetual war with one another. And that the earth is a cruel and hard place because it's a creation of the dark god, and not the light. And that the dark god trapped angels in bodies, and that is who we are. Trapped in the dark god's realm that he can better corrupt us. And the light god works to get us out of it.

But then the Pope proved their notion that 'the world is a cruel place' wrong by ordering a crusade and wiping out those religions entirely, killing dualists and good catholics alike, just to make sure.

The main difference between mainstream Christianity and some of these is that in Christianity, Satan is definitely the loser. He gets his little influences but he's no real threat. God will always win. I prefer the idea of Satan as a real opponent to God. Like the inevitable counteracting force of the universe.

Religion is really just most interesting to me as like, a story of deep spiritual importance. It feels nice to consider something of such ultimate importance.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I like the idea more that Satan/Darkness isn't so much at war with God/Light, but rather a counter balance of nature. A necessity just as much as the other. Neither will win nor lose,and in reality, they are the same.

But i guess that doesn't make for a very exciting religion. Like if this theology was a sport, it'd be Football / American Soccer.  

A pantheon of loose deities is most fun to me. But i also like Marvel/DC type story telling so yeah. 

Posted

Guys, CEO tournament is happening in 45 minutes. I'm in pool 1, which means there may be a few of the game's streamed. Four pools will happen at the same time. Idk if they're gonna focus on streaming just one pool, or if they'll pick and choose players from the four current pools to put on stream. I got to play on stream at EVO 2015, so who knows if I'll be there? (I suck though)

Watch if you're into melee! There are a handful of streams on http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp. Starting at 10EST.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I have just been informed that I apparently have conversations with myself without even knowing it. Girlfriend told me I've always been like that and I never knew???

Posted

< am watching LL

And good luck w that Cassandra. Keep an ear out for yourself. The enemy within.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

We're counting on you LL DON'T mess this up for us

Pizzza and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted

I hope he doesn't pull a gun and shoot everyone at the event. He's talked about the possibility of going on a mass shooting before. This could be his moment of realising.

Posted

Teto, too soon.

Posted

I'm gonna bet a hundred dollars on LL just so that I can be disappointed in him when he loses even more

that was a joke LL ilu

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Teto, too soon.

Incorrect. Jokes about mass shootings are never appropriate.

Pizzza and Cassandra like this

Posted

I wasn't on stream. I'm out already! :(

I asked armada for tips but he was warming up for the bracket's grand finals so I got blown off lol

Pizzza likes this

Posted

Now I can switch off this display at last. I have no idea what even goes on in this game.

There are a bunch of people where I live who do competitive Smash4, but I don't hang with them much.