Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Merry belated Christmas everyone.

Posted

Chef, be more active this year.

Posted

Guys. Help me.

My girlfriend's dad is a nightmare. We've been together for a year, and he still won't talk to me. Our friend gave her tickets to the Alamo Bowl, and her, her dad, and his friend are going, and they had an extra ticket. He said she could take someone as long as it wasn't me. He threatened to follow us to Starbucks the other day. Seriously, it's Starbucks. Not exactly a dark alley or dimly lit bedroom.

Both my girlfriend and myself have long since grown weary of him. It's so painful for me, though, because I can hardly see her these days because of his rules.

I have no idea what to do about this.

Posted

Chef, be more active this year.

I'm intending on it.

I got really busy in the latter half of the year and was unable to post.

And even then I don't know how much I will be able to post in the new year.

Posted

Guys. Help me.

My girlfriend's dad is a nightmare. We've been together for a year, and he still won't talk to me. Our friend gave her tickets to the Alamo Bowl, and her, her dad, and his friend are going, and they had an extra ticket. He said she could take someone as long as it wasn't me. He threatened to follow us to Starbucks the other day. Seriously, it's Starbucks. Not exactly a dark alley or dimly lit bedroom.

Both my girlfriend and myself have long since grown weary of him. It's so painful for me, though, because I can hardly see her these days because of his rules.

I have no idea what to do about this.

The way I see it, you have three options (well, four, but you're already not doing anything about it). None of them are easy. All of them have the potential to end in disaster. But, it's decision time regardless.

1) Talk to him. Sit him down, ask him what the puppy his problem is with you (use strong language only after he blows you off) and discuss it all out like men. If you still can't reach a conclusion, you're back to either shutting up or breaking up with her. Or hit his face. That might work too.

2) Run away with her/sneak around with her. This is a very tricky option, but has the potential to yield the most success, as you avoid him for most this time. You spend your time lying, sneaking around, and generally being dishonest so that you guys can spend time together. But he's being an asshole anyway, right? So maybe it isn't so wrong.

3) Break up with her. You already said that you didn't want to break up with her. So stop whining about your choice. If you care deeply about her, choose option 1 or 2. If you feel that you can move on, choose option 3. This is going to end in disaster, that's inevitable. But it actually has the potential to be the best outcome as well, because you move on and neither of you have too much baggage.

Option 4 is to continue to deal with it and not say anything.

I'd recommend option 1 first, personally, because you can fall back on option 2 if 1 doesn't work.

I realize you don't like the idea of sneaking around, I wouldn't either, but it's either that or force him to submit to your will, which would consist of either heated arguments or even violence.

You can't always get what you want. In this life, you either submit or impose. Compromise is a very, very slim possibility, so I wouldn't count on it.

Posted

Hi guys c:

It still won't let me change my avatar? Now i gotta change it to a smiley >:3

Posted

I just uploaded a new gif via image shack. Can anyone else see it and tell if its animated?

Posted

Can't even see your avatar :<

Posted

Why are avatars so retarded on this website.

Here's the avatar I want, its 32kb and less than 100x100 (I think, it might not be).

vriskaposes.gif

No wait, its a lot bigger than 100x100. My bad.

Okay, different Avatar. Hows that look?

Posted

yeah, i'm back.

from a quick sweep of this page it looks like it's only chefy that i know.

I've been gone, and i have many things to tell, but that can come later.

so how are all my friends doing? YLA, Pokefan Chefy, arcane and such :)

Posted

I haven't been posting much beacause they're sick of me posting about the same stuff which is Mother/Earthbound, and this girl I like, Ana. So I haven nothing to talk about.

Posted

You need to get more hobbies then, because that's... kinda pathetic :c

Posted

I haven't been posting much beacause they're sick of me posting about the same stuff which is Mother/Earthbound, and this girl I like, Ana. So I haven nothing to talk about.

funny you should mention it

I downloaded earthbound on emulator. Did so last week.

I'm quite proud since it was never released in UK

Posted

That's because we want you to get out of talk mang. Theres got to be other things you can post about.

Hey LDGM, it's been awhile. Welcome back.

Posted

@_@

hi