Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Friends. I have returned from my brief period of inactivity, and I seem to have missed some drama. I'll explain why I've bees gone, first off.

My best friend is having a tough time. He just went through a bad break-up, and as soon as be started getting over it, his car got broken into. He had been out practicing with his church band (he plays bass), and the thief stole his bass, his amp, his backpack, and his iPod. He had run into his house to grab some stuff, and when he went back outside 15 minutes later, his rear window was broken and everything was gone.

He got pretty depressed. I hated seeing him that way, and in light of the fact that his birthday was last week, I ran around asking his friends if, rather than get him individual presents, they wanted to contribute money and get him a nice new bass. It worked out, and last night I picked up the black Les Paul Special bass guitar. It's so beautiful.

Also, I've been busy with tennis a lot. But that's not as important as the bass gift for my friend.

Anyway, having finished that project, I've returned. And I'll be moderately active for a while, I'd say, because I like you guys.

Posted

Awwe, that's sad. I say you start a fundraiser for him :>

Posted

I'm also having a semi-difficult time believing shadowknight exists, because he's just such a naturally fantastic human being.

Posted

I actually had to look up who Cory Matthews was. After a quick Wikipedia search, I can honestly understand the comparison.

I would have done a fundraiser for any of my friends, but I only went as big as I did because this is already a hard time for my friend. He's always really sad during the end of February because it's the time of year when his mom died a few years back. Watching all this stuff happen during the already tough time was just too much.

Posted

My face is swollen / right eye is swollen shut. :(

Posted

Why? :(

Posted

What's "Master uest?" I'm not being a dick I'm being serious I couldn't understand what that guy said.

Does it mean that OoT3DS will come out with the 3DS?

Posted

No, it means the Occarina of Time Master quest version of OoT will be bundled with OoT. Like it was for the people who pre ordered Windwaker.

Essentially, you have the option to either play through occarina of time normally, or through the master quest version, which is a much harder version of the game. You may have played through it already, I dunno. But the two games will come together.

Posted

Sorry, it was a bad typo xD

Posted

Ok I get it now. The Q was missing.

I never actually beat MQ because my memory card corrupted. T_T Makes me sad. I was stuck at it is though, but still.

Also on 4Kids I just heard a sound that was the rawr Bowser made in Mario Kart 64. Weird.

Posted

Like it was for the people who pre ordered Windwaker.

Or people who found the pre-order version for £10, pre-owned.

Aw yeaaah

Posted

Also on 4Kids I just heard a sound that was the rawr Bowser made in Mario Kart 64. Weird.

It's not uncommon for sound effects in video games to be used in cartoons or other forms of mixed media and visa versa. I remember hearing a sound in an Ed Edd n' Eddy cartoon that was later used in Starfox Adventures.

Posted

Oh. Well I thought it was pretty interesting. I enjoy finding things like that.

Posted

It's not uncommon for sound effects in video games to be used in cartoons or other forms of mixed media and visa versa. I remember hearing a sound in an Ed Edd n' Eddy cartoon that was later used in Starfox Adventures.

Yeah, I remember that, the cackling flying huge bat thingy.