Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

The only advice any of us can give you anymore is to stop looking for relationships everywhere and all the time, and to stop putting so much significance on being in one. Your problems will not be solved because you suddenly have status as being in a couple.

Posted

The only advice any of us can give you anymore is to stop looking for relationships everywhere and all the time, and to stop putting so much significance on being in one. Your problems will not be solved because you suddenly have status as being in a couple.

This.

I've never been in a successful relationship (cuz I'm too young or something), but according to my friend who was in a "successful relationship" for a few months/year/I don't even know, being actually heartbroken sucks much worse than that ache in yo heart for a lover.

Posted

The fact that you're young, Jared, is part of the problem. Not to mention you're gay.

Seriously. Just how many gay guys are you expecting to find in the confines of your school? And out of those gay guys, what makes you think any of them will like you? Let alone want to date you. Most gay guys don't even come out until later on when they feel they won't be judged.

You're extremely limited right now. And fussing about it all the time is the worst possible thing you can do. Stop. When you get out in the world, maybe in college or your job, you'll have more options and more success than you ever did in high school. So relax and enjoy being a kid. You're only a kid for, like, 2 more years so make the best of it. Relationships are overrated anyway. Just go outside and shoot some hoops, or pick up a musical instrument, or play a Zelda game. But whatever you do, enjoy it and stop thinking about getting a guy.

Posted

What Clark says. Why a relationship? Why not just friends? Is it for the sexual aspects? That is the wrong reason to be looking for a relationship. A relationship is being with someone, and always being there for them. Do you really want to have to deal with responsibility, just to get your rocks off? Being in a relationship, you've got to find the right person for you. You've got to ask yourself over and over, if they're the right person. So what if you're in the closet? So what if you like him and want to believe he likes you, too? I think that's called "crush paranoia." But even still, he's a friend. He knows you're gay, and if he felt the same, he would have asked, or flirted or something idk

Posted

Jared. Every second post you make is relationship related. Unless you actually get further than just having a crush on a dude, I highly doubt anyone wants to hear. If you absolutely desperately need to rant about it use the Teen relationship thread.

I mean if you wanted advice when you were actually in a relationship that would be alright, I'm sure most people here would be happy to give you their advice on actually being in relationships. But you've been asking/whining about the same topic ever since you got here.

This isn't being mean, it's the facts.

Posted

Wow, I'm away for a couple days and suddenly I'm really far behind.

About the language thing: we need to get translator microbes like they have on Farscape so we can understand each other without causing the extinction of too many languages.

Posted

So like, today was my last day of high school. It was soooooo sad saying bye to everyone ;; but I'm still extremely happies that school is /finally/ done. Well I still have 3 exams this month but like lol don't even need to pass them anyways so it doesn't count!

eeeeeee 4 month holiday eeeee university in September I am so excited oh god :>>>>

Posted

I burnt the back of my hand with a cigarette about a week ago and it itches like a bitches.

Posted

how *did* you manage that?

Posted

I rubbed it into the back of my hand to put it out. Duh.

Posted

Well if you burnt the back of your hand on purpose then why are you bitching about it

Posted

Yeah, burning your own skin is silly. don't do it.

Also, my boyfriend's dad just got out of surgery. Turns out it wasn't another tumor in his stomach, but a crazy infection that's all fixed now. I'm so happy he doesn't have to go through chemo again.

Posted

That's always good news. Good news is good.

Posted

I didn't realize that I mentioned it before. I posted that after picking off the scab. Also, I did it because I saw Wolverine do it in one of those movies where the men are X and it healed instantly. I think the movie was called Dare Devil.

Posted

I'm thinking it's sad that I got my braces off only 18 days ago, and I've already almost lost my retainer 3 times. Bow down to my superior lack of intelligence!