Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I've played a pretty decent amount of them. Nothing ridiculous or over the top though, that'd just be ridiculous and over the top.

I haven't played Wind Waker, Twilight Princess or Spirit Tracks. And I never have the attention span to beat any of them, except the ones that can be abbreviated OoX.

(Oh hey lol I was 2 pages behind, late addition to the conversation.)

SO HEY UH

YEAH

THEM SQUIRRELS MAN

Those mothersquidding goddamn squirrels

I hate them sons o' bitches

I will use the most contemptuous emoticons I can in response to them

:I

x_x

XP

>:L

:omg:

:bipolar:

:horsesmack:

:horsewhack:

:horsebeat:

god there's so much horse hate in the emoticons

Posted

It was okay. I kinda hated how Capcom put those lousy Minish and their technology and lore into the game when it won't get mentioned again. It's not as bad as the problems with the Oracle games, but it still really bothers me. :/

Posted

What were the OoX game probs?

Sucks that Onox and Veran won't come back though. :<

Posted

Unless something changed recently, nobody can agree where they go on the timeline. Some people say it's a non-canon story, some people say it's a prequel to Link's Awakening, and some people think it's isolated between the events of Link to the Past and NES Zelda. At least we can just stick Minish Cap at the start of the timeline and make everybody happy.

Posted

Honorary Roommate: We should just drop out of college and become ninjas.

Roommate: YEAH!-Wall- UGWAH!!!!

Posted

i dont worry about timeline so much....and when i do think about it, it winds up with a big ol world of different countries, where the princess of hyrule is inexplicably and always traditionally named zelda, and trained in the art of being taken hostage. With all the heroes being conveniently named link. or in my case, Redd.

also, sayu, i dont know if i should be proud or a little worried that i can picture your roommates and that scene perfectly.

and minish cap <3333 OoA and OoS were also my favorites. also, spirit tracks was p good, the co-op with the armors really brought in something fresh, although everything being controlled with the stylus made the co-op a tad wonky :<

Posted

also, sayu, i dont know if i should be proud or a little worried that i can picture your roommates and that scene perfectly.

Both. Visualize it repeatedly. Visualize it in slow motion. Visualize the flail if you didn't already.

Posted

The OoX games are probably supposed to only mean the Oracle duo, but I noticed that Ocarina of Time has the same first initial, so I threw it in that mix. I've only ever beaten the Oracles and Ocarina of Time. XD

Posted

hence why i recommend spirit tracks. if youve gone through the heroes dungeon in Seasons (beat ages first) and have done the magic boomerang squiggle from hell over the bottomless pit.....then the DS games' controls will make you cry. you will cry with joy, glory, and frustration at all the crap you had to deal with in the color games.

im also not mentioning Phantom hourglass, because while it was fun in its own right, the sea temple thing annoys a lot of people. i mean, i got a little irked, but that only made me determined to beat it :> but spirit tracks fixes basically all the major issues with PH, so if you only play one of em for DS, make it ST.

Posted

The Sea temple in PH is basically the same thing in ST, but it's that damn tower instead. But the concept is nearly identical.

Posted

The Sea temple in PH is basically the same thing in ST, but it's that damn tower instead. But the concept is nearly identical.

except in PH you have to repeat the dungeon again and again, slowly advancing but always repeating the exact same stuff. and your time is spent hiding and sneaking. ST you get the tower, where you dont have to repeat anything. got a new section? peachy. its just a spiral staircase up up up oh hay look new things. and i still love the partner concept, even though im not the biggest fan of how they executed the controls for it.

@LL

different strokes for different folks.

i havent played any console LoZ so idk how ST and PH hold up against them, but im gonna have to disagree with you....although i havent met a zelda game that id label "not worth playing" yet.

Posted

I'd say Phantom Hourglass is the closest I've come to not recommending a Zelda game. It's got nothing on Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask as a sequel game and I like Spirit Tracks a lot more.

Posted

I liked the ocean temple. Thought it was cool.

And I wasn't bored by them and I didn't think the graphics were shoddy SO THERE.

Posted

a child in a grown-ups' world ):

Posted

its hard being a kid growing up

its hard and nobody understands