Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

How did you like the forsaken fortress? I remember getting stuck there as a kid so much I hardly even wanted to play, just because it was so daunting trying to sneak through everything while hiding in crates. It was so easy to get lost that...

I ended up finding a piece of heart you don't need to go through the trouble of getting at that point in the game because you can come back there later.

For the record this is only spoilered for Cirt because she probably doesn't know you go back there yet.

Anyways, How did you like collecting the pearls? I thought windwaker was interesting for not making you specifically do a dungeon for everything, like how the forsaken fortress didn't have a boss and stuff, and how getting Nayru's pearl wasn't a dungeon at all. A lot of people find those moments in the game slow, and I understand why because yeah, they are, but I'm okay with them.

Posted

I loaned my friend my copy of Wind Waker. He had it for 6 months. He said it took him 6 months because the game had a certain issue so he had to restart it. When he done he left it in his car for me to get after our friends got married. I pretended to forget it though. A few days later I came home and it was laying behind the door. I picked it up and looked at it long and hard. I then remember all the times playing it. Then I threw it with my Gamecube games. I was thinking of replaying it and then I thought nah. If I had an assurance that the game wouldn't screw up while playing it I would, but I think beating it once is enough. Just like Twilight Princess. I love Twilight Princess, but I don't feel like replaying it.

Then again I don't feel like replay any Zelda games again. Especially after beating a 3 heart run of OoT, OoT: Master Quest, and Majora's Mask. That made me be like, "Well I don't need to play these games for a long time."

Edit: I just looked on the back of WW. There's a small scratch... o_O Wait a minute. The reason that I couldn't

get the triforce was because of a scratch!? I had to replay the whole game because of a scratch!?

This absolutely rages me. Never once did it occur to me to look at the back of the disc. I guess that's what I get for getting it used, but still.

Posted

How did you like the forsaken fortress? I remember getting stuck there as a kid so much I hardly even wanted to play, just because it was so daunting trying to sneak through everything while hiding in crates. It was so easy to get lost that...

I ended up finding a piece of heart you don't need to go through the trouble of getting at that point in the game because you can come back there later.

For the record this is only spoilered for Cirt because she probably doesn't know you go back there yet.

Anyways, How did you like collecting the pearls? I thought windwaker was interesting for not making you specifically do a dungeon for everything, like how the forsaken fortress didn't have a boss and stuff, and how getting Nayru's pearl wasn't a dungeon at all. A lot of people find those moments in the game slow, and I understand why because yeah, they are, but I'm okay with them.

Oh, I was PISSED at the forsaken fortress. Like seriously frustrated and yes, I got lost like three or four times. Why is something that challenging there so early in the game? I was really annoyed that I didn't have my sword for so long and squid the rats, ugh. This was before I found out you could bait them. And I got the piece of heart too, seriously (I already figured out that I have to go back there, I mean Aryll is still chillin' there, right?). I was legitimately surprised when I found Jabun and was like, all ready to hop in his mouth like some Jabu-Jabu's belly sequel but then he straight up gave me the pearl like it was no problem. cool, bro.

I think the sailing is cool, still getting used to the controls of all that, squid THE SHARKS, I was sailing from Windfall to Outset and this one squidding shark wouldn't leave me alone the entire goddamn time, just irritating. It was nicely reminiscent of flying in SS, but also takes a looooot longer. But at least there's stuff to do. I noticed that the puzzles in the game aren't exactly challenging, you have more obstacles to get through, like just irritating crap that will make you feel better once you get through it lol. I like it a lot so far though, definitely a lot different than I was expecting

Posted

The puzzles will get harder as you go. You found the piece of heart from getting lost so many times too? Yeah, its frustrating. The only way to really efficiently get through that dungeon is to have done it once before so you know where the spotlights are and how to get to them, and even then it's a challenge.

Posted

Luckily my friend was with me to tell me that I needed to take out the spotlights before I realized the implications that they would have caused later, trying to get up all those stairs and everything. So I had a little guidance, at least. but bluhhh how annoying.

Also I mentioned this to Muff earlier but I don't have a memory card so, haven't saved yet. o lol

Posted

I always had a problem with the forsaken fortress. Like I would always get lost, but it was always because I missed a jump and back tracked. Then I would find an off beaten path and felt like I would miss something so I went that way and ended up back tracking. I don't know how. I mean I play Zelda for the fighting. Not the puzzles or to sneak around by sidiling. If that's even how you spell it. So not having the sword make me very angry. Not to mention I kept getting caught because I'm not sneaky in video games.

As for the sailing, I think that was my least favorite part. I mean you go so slowly and most of the squares didn't have anything so it was very vast.

I did like that there was warping, but it never really helpped. Besides that one time to get the item you need.

Other than that the sailing bored me and I wish there was a way to go faster. That was the only thing I liked about the train in Spirit Tracks. It went fast.

As for bird flying, my tv is a pile of dung and the lowest brightness setting is still really bright. So got lost all the time because there was just a vast whiteness. I found the first area by accident because blue is also a difficult color to see. I need a new tv...

Also isn't that like half the game? You may want a memory card fast because if you lose all that... Well you know.

Posted

??? Tower of the Gods marks halfway through the game?

Posted

I think so. It's either when you get to the Tower of the Gods, or after you beat the Tower of the Gods, it's considered the last half of the game already. The last half of the game though isn't as easy though. I mean I could be wrong about it being the half way point, but I remember someone calling it the half way point of the game.

Posted

Yeah, only 3 dungeons left after The Tower of the Gods, one of which is the Final Boss dungeon.

Posted

way to spoil it ._________________________.

Posted

Oh......................................

In terms of the length of the game, I'd say Tower of the Gods marks somewhere about a third of the way through

Posted

Yeah, probably. Quit talking about the game in here, lets hold off until she's done.

Posted

Wind Waker

Posted

Kind Caker

Posted

Dick Breaker