Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

yeah, my method is to go into offline mode, since p much all my games are singleplayer, and then just leave it there until i feel like doing otherwise. the ontherwise usually coincides with a stable internet connection.

i suspect it has something to do with anti-piracy--it wants to check your account or something and make sure youre not trying to use offline mode to sneak in pirated games. but thats just my theory, i havent been arsed to do any legwork to check it.

and it is so nice to see a new member come on, and talk, and just....do.....everything. like, youve got no idea how giddy i got when i came on and saw a crapton of new posts by SE. :3

Posted

I dunno. I think it has something to do with steam cloud, but that hasn't always been there I don't think. I think part of the game is stored online, or something, because I can't ever find the actual files for my steam games. At least for a game like Skyrim, there's steam workshop support and the skyrim nexus mod manager. But otherwise, I'm usually stumped with trying to mod steam games.

Thanks :D I think it's funny to see half a page of my pic's white eyes glaring into my soul.

Posted

god, I'm glad you didn't see the thread before changing your name. Subtle Engineer is actually nice! Pheosucks... don't indulge that side of knuckle, rule #1 of hnet.

I don't like that rule very much :(

Posted

of course you wouldnt :<

Posted

New signature xD Now I need a new avatar.

Posted

So I'm biased because I prefer Steam over Xbox Live?

Posted

Last night in gears of war 3 I unlocked the savage theron by beating beast mode on insane difficulty without failing. Which was a really difficult thing to do that took hours of attempts, and we only succeeded with like fifteen seconds left on the clock and it was really intense and I was like YYEEEEEEUUUUURRRRSH when we killed the last onyx guard.

Sadly none of you care about gears of war 3 and I am literally only mentioning it in this thread because I know Chase is gonna come in here and respond to EDA and see this post and realize we still haven't played together. What's with that, chase.

Chimetals and Chase like this

Posted

I would totally play Gears with you if games weren't so goddamn expensive...

Posted

It's cool, I get that, no worries.

Posted

So I'm biased because I prefer Steam over Xbox Live?

I think you're biased because you're treating Steam as if it's a perfect product. It's far from it.

Posted

I'm not saying Steam is the perfect product, I'm saying that it is way better than xbox live.

Posted

Last night in gears of war 3 I unlocked the savage theron by beating beast mode on insane difficulty without failing. Which was a really difficult thing to do that took hours of attempts, and we only succeeded with like fifteen seconds left on the clock and it was really intense and I was like YYEEEEEEUUUUURRRRSH when we killed the last onyx guard.

Sadly none of you care about gears of war 3 and I am literally only mentioning it in this thread because I know Chase is gonna come in here and respond to EDA and see this post and realize we still haven't played together. What's with that, chase.

Because the one time we tried Xbox live screwed up.

Posted

well we're GONNA TRY AGAIN, AREN'T WE?

AREN'T WE?

Chase likes this

Posted

Subtle Engineer is a good name, I like it. Though I might just end up shortening it to something like: Engine.

You're Engine to me now.

That didn't take long.

Like Cowboys and Engines?

I tried Team Fortress 2 when my friend loaned me the Orange Box for the 360. I think the game hated me. It never really worked.

Posted

The YLA formula:

I tried [game] but it didn't work out because of [reason] and I think that [game] hates me.

I literally cannot comprehend your misfortune with video games and how you seem to have the worst luck enjoying them. There is always a problem for you.