Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

my parents and i got into another big fight today. my mother called me fat and ugly and "cave-manish" for the millionth time and i told her i hated when she said those things to me and that i am perfectly comfortable with my body. Then she said i wasnt a good gay man because im not super fit and handsome. Ugh, i mean, really? I awkwardly tried to explain to her that im basically a bear. I mean im big, chubby, and hairy-- and i like that! I told her that i like other bears and im okay with being a chubby chaser.

She then proceeded to question the existence of bears with "do you have any friends that are bears!?" and im like "mom, i dont have any friends that are gay, period."

she laughed and said they weren't real, so i called her a vain bitch.

Im not allowed to come home tonight, but i probably can tomorrow. Probs just gonna sleep in my car tonight. im not too worried about it. Just needed a bit of a vent. :>

Holy carp. I'm sorry, but I can't not respond to this.

Pardon me, but can I just say your mother needs to pull her head out of her ass, have her parenting skills evaluated, and overall stop being such a superficial, stereotypical, and obviously judgmental bitch? Because frankly, people like her make me want to punt puppies off rooftops and mind you, I'm a total animal and nature lover. Or beat someone to death with a stalk of celery, but you get the point. I can tolerate people being bigoted basshats, I just ignore 'em, but when they're talking that way to their own offspring they are being, quite frankly, earn my ire beyond anything. Doesn't matter how old your kids are, you do not call them "fat and ugly and 'cave-manish'". There's no excuse for that.

Variety is the spice of life, and if people are honestly more concerned with how you look than who you are on the inside, then frankly, they aren't worth your time. If she hasn't realized that by now, then she'll only live in regret later in life.

Aaaaaand that's my rant. I apologize if I cause any offense to anyone.

Posted

its not that big of a deal. we just dont have a very good relationship.

Posted

Do you go to UT or A&M?

Yeah, just a little late on this. Sorry. I go to A&M, studying Electrical Engineering. Because UT dropped out of the National Merit program, it really wasn't reasonable to go there when I had significantly better scholarships available from A&M.

I've got a few of my friends into Doctor Who since I've been back. It's nice to have people that are willing to watch it with me.

Posted

national merit bros

Posted

curse those pony t-shirts.....!

Posted

Oh yeah i saw that a while ago. It's really cool. I want one.

Posted

hrnghhhhhhh

its study abroad info day, and after finally getting around to skyping my Japanese friend (translating is the hurdle for me to jump on that one), i wake up this morning just......missing all of kanazawa so much. especially the friends there, American and Japanese. and nobu. gawd dammit, whyd he have to go to san fransisco of all places, thats nowhere near where i live....and the worst part was having to try to explain that fact when he got there and was like "we should meet up!". and just, generally, i miss the dude. idk. maybe ive finally napped from....something, hell if i know what.

Posted

Yeah but you know, its awesome that you even had those experiences at all! You are lucky and should feel as such. :>

Posted

Aaaa name changes are starting to confuse me. ;_;

Posted

I actually thought New Ultimate Super Christ was Sutekh's new username at first lol. Was like "oh probably just another comic book character I've never heard off", soz phanta :< I KNOW NOWWWW

Posted

Ultimate Super Christ is my favorite comic, okayyyyyyyy

Posted

I actually thought New Ultimate Super Christ was Sutekh's new username at first lol. Was like "oh probably just another comic book character I've never heard off", soz phanta :< I KNOW NOWWWW

I think he was called New Booster Gold at one point so it's understandable. If we're talking about the currently-named Jeff Winger, and not another person who was Sutekh the Destroyer at some point.

Posted

A2KEOf1CYAAUbMp.jpg

I drew it for some friends. It's based on another picture though.

Posted

dat left thigh lol