Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

he's placebopill right

Posted

yeah him :>

Anime club and Otaku club had a fierce rivalry. But Anime club was like "this is stupid" and Otaku club got all hyped about it so we (anime club) just stopped.

Posted

I suppose I'm in what your school had as the Otaku club. Though why would we ever use that horrible word. We're just the Japanese society. There's also the anime and animation society, which apparently just shows anime anyway, but used that name just to look different from us.

Posted

I never get why people give their friend groups names like that. "Otaku Club" and "Nerd Club." It's one thing to like what you like without caring what people think of you but its another thing to make a proud identity out of it.

Posted

Unpopular opinion: I think that Brawl is better than Melee.

Read: Opinion

Posted

@pheo

stereotype words like "nerd" and such have basically been beaten to death before our time, portrayed so stereotypically that we all laugh and call ourselves a derogatory term as a joke. moreover, their dictionary definitions are just ridiculous in the first place.

Posted

Further Teto's thing developments will be posted here if they happen.

Posted

People who call themselves "Otaku" are really just calling themselves pretentious and ignorant.

Posted

I remember back in sophomore year, I won a competition in Brawl. I was either Mario or Pikachu. I won $25. :>

Freshman year, we played Melee. I didn't get very far though.

God I love tournaments with people you barely know.

Posted

Further Teto's thing developments will be posted here if they happen.

Shaving the nike symbol into your head???

Ganny likes this

Posted

GET A FADE

also, the nerd thing: I think it makes some sense in a club name because when you say "nerd," it's a pretty concise way to say a lot of things. People looking to join a club can see the word "nerd" and quickly generalize what sorts of people they'll find in the club; probably people who play video games, read books, spend some time on the internet, and are maybe kind of brainy, and then decide if they'd like to be a part of that. And the otaku club could consist of people who watch anime and maybe like little girls.

basically, they can be pretty accurate and descriptive club names or something. If the shoe fits, you're a pedophile.

Posted

Somewhat unrelated, but still totally random. But anything you're watching becomes utterly hilarious when you put it on mute, pop in some headphones and start listening to really peppy music, J-pop or otherwise, and the characters in the show you're watching's lips end up moving in just the right way so that it actually synchs with the music somewhat.

Bonus points if it's really inappropriate in regards to whatever's going on or alternatively makes the scene really ironic.

Posted

Does anyone else here watch Adventure Time? Because last night's episode was ridiculous. Like, I didn't expect that show to ever really make me feel anything, but that one did.

Posted

yeah it was pretty great. Ice King's character is super deep, as seen in that one episode with the old home movies of him.