Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Pheo my school district bought every student in high school an iPad. My school district has 5 massive high schools.

What

The Fuck?

Posted

This is the same district that has the highest fast food restaurant per capita in america right

Posted

I think that we need to put way more money into our education system. Take some of the absolutely ridiculous amount of money we put into the military and put that into our schools. Just throwing that out there.

Because the federal government involving itself in state and local matters invariably winds up being nothing more than a huge waste of money that sets a precedent for the federal government involving itself in other state and local matters, perpetuating a vicious cycle of waste and mismanagement.

Posted

Hey guys. :)

Posted

Oh, it's Jared! Hey Jared :D

Posted

I just thought I'd mention, I dunno if I wanna go to Scotland for studying abroad anymore. It seems too easy. Does that make sense?

I mean if I REALLY wanted to go abroad somewhere where they still spoke english, I could go to New Zealand, right? And I won't deny it, there's a part of me that really thinks going to India or even Israel might be cool. I'm just mentioning this because when I said "HEY I WANNA GO TO SCOTLAND" a lot of you sent me messages like "WHAT REALLY"

Posted (edited)

I think that if you're going to go somewhere to learn, it's probably best to be able to communicate pretty well with the locals

Also you can chill with Cas and Teto

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah thanks for callin me an underachiever Pheo :,(

Posted

I think that if you're going to go somewhere to learn, it's probably best to be able to communicate pretty well with the locals

Also you can chill with Cas and Teto

This was my original point, yeah, but I talked around about it and from what I understand, when you go abroad, it's supposed to be more about the experience than anything, you know? A friend of mine is going to israel over the summer on her once in a life time free I'm-a-jew-let-me-in pass, too.

YEAH KNUCKLE THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID

Posted

I almost went to Germany with a class once :<

Dad backed out like a month before the money was due, saying that he'd only pay his half if I were the one to earn it, not have it payed for by my mom. This was the summer after 10th grade, I was 15.

How are you going to expect a 15 year old to earn $1500 in a month? That's something that could lead to selling drugs :/

Posted

Now on my list of places I'm considering: New Zealand, South Korea, Italy, France. Italy and France because they're well known for art schools, South Korea because they have lots of emphasis on technical skill and basically have a lot of industry in the field I want to go into, and New Zealand because apparently they have a really nice art school there according to the brochures I have. Not to mention the fact that the LOTR films being filmed there has definitely taken it's toll on the industry and studios there, which apparently makes them very experienced and et cetera.

Posted

Um I'm sorry I can't hear you over the fact that it's actually pure adventure?

Posted

COWS AND ADVENTURE HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY TOP THAT?

Ganny and pheonix561 like this

Posted

don't worry guys..... you can have her. But she's not worth fighting over.