Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

If you ever fix it or get a new laptop, i would strongly recommend keeping it in a drawer or box or something when not in use to keep it away from your cats and their hair.

Posted

It's probably a virus.

http://xkcd.com/1180/

Roc likes this

Posted

I have work in about 6 hours but I really wish I didn't. Sunday mornings are the worst. :I

Posted

Unless you open your laptop and clean out the fans and put new thermal paste on the CPU and/or GPU it's not going to get better and most likely won't end well. You should look into it, it's not that hard to do, if you tell me what laptop you have I can see if I can help you figure out what screws to remove and what to do.

dell studio 155something, though they have the disassembly/maintenance guide on the dell website. well, not that thatd be something i could open and use with my current setup (one computer, lol) unless i printed it out or something. i also dont have any thermal paste, or any confidence in my ability to work with a laptop. mostly the getting-it-back-together stage. and having it work afterwards :/

i might ask sayuris friends to do it, since they apparently have experience with laptops and dismembering them and such. im thinking it might be the fan, though, since i just booted it up again (it was off aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall day) and its not making anything other than its usual thinking noises (its not really heating up or firing off the fan on high or anything).

i could swear the fan is humming at a different frequency though. it might just be my paranoia, but i really am still convinced that cat hair wrapped itself around the fans everything in a way that we couldnt see from between the slats when we partially opened it up when i was at home last.

Posted

If it wasn't already obvious, I'm going to go ahead and push through with testing ADs on the forums.

Should you not want to view ads you can buy VIP for 50 rupees for a month http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?app=ibEconomy&tab=shop&area=single&type=shopitem&id=5 which will get rid of any ads.

Posted

Kool I have little hearts now.

Posted

Yeah, whats the deal with these things anyways?

Posted

I suggested we have them like ranks based on post count, as a throw back to that one game.

Posted

I'm going to have to change it so you start with three hearts, with the max being like 20.

All in all I really really like the heart containers.

Posted

They are based off your rank which is gotten by how many posts you have

Loach 0 1 hearts

Octorok 25 1 hearts

Moblin 50 2 hearts

Bubble 100 2 hearts

Poe 200 3 hearts

Lizalfos 400 3 hearts

Dinolfos 800 4 hearts

Stalfos 1600 4 hearts

Darknut 3200 5 hearts

Iron Knuckle 6400 5 hearts

Hero of Time 12800 6 hearts

Posted

Hey pheo you jealous.

YLA & Teto master race.

Posted

tetos got 7 hearts, wait what

he must be the triforce.

Teto and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

They're just like the little squares some boards use, only they're hearts now. I changed the rank titles to what they are now; I should just be able to find enough titles to total 17. For a regular Zelda fan newcomer, I think seeing people with sets of 20 hearts would be awesome. Perhaps however many posts we have for Hero of Time would be the upper limit.

Posted

So help me teto I will surpass you if its the last thing i do

Posted

Can 20,000 posts be "Pooplord"

Or maybe even just "Teto"