Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Moos all over the page

Posted

I could mail you my soldering iron...

thatd be p crazy, yet cool.

but im also in an apartment where packages are left at the door, so i honestly wouldnt want to risk your stuff, just in case. i still gotta find an altoids tin, punch holes in it, and find a double-male cord before this thing could even work, anyway. and i feel like if im creative enough with the pliers, and gentle enough when handling it, i can have it functioning even before i can get it home for the dirtywork.

Posted

I have all those things...

Posted

i found an altoids tin! now to uh, share it with everyone i know so i have to eat less of it :/

I have all those things...

where do you buy a double-male cord, anyway? though i have the sinking feeling that ill have to go off-campus or order it :<

Posted

isn't that just called a line-in cable

Posted

People call them different things; line-in can refer to a lot of things though.

What you're looking for are plugs called TRS "phone" connectors, (though you can leave out the "phone" part) and I assume you're looking for the 3.5mm variety that most ear/headphones use nowadays. TRS stands for "tip, ring, sheath," referring to the metal parts on the part you plug into things. The different metal parts transfer differing information, so there's cool stuff like TRRS (tip, ring, ring, sheath) connectors for stuff like the iPod Shuffle that connects the device to your computer for data transfer. Since male-to-male 3.5mm TRS cable is too long to say, and most people don't know they're called that, they call it a bunch of random stuff.

I recommend the easy "auxiliary cable". I got like four, because my headphones don't have a cable that's permanently attached; it requires an auxiliary cable. The upside is that if the auxiliary wire ever breaks or messes up (the dreaded "sound is only playing through one ear and I have to wiggle the cord" problem of earbuds) I can just use a new one. Downside is that accidental disconnections from just moving around are increased 400% because if the wire gets caught on something, it has two places the wire can disconnect from. Other upside is that I can plug into my device, then plug into my headphones while I'm wearing them, for an awesome cyborg feel since I hear the connection happening practically inside my head. Anyway, I recommend checking out Monoprice for audio cables, because they have legitimately high-quality audio products at insane-crazy prices.

Word to the homies, gold-plated sound plug devices offer a benefit, not because they're cooler looking, but because gold is extremely unreactive, so it doesn't corrode, and therefore, whatever sound you get with that cable when you first got it will be the same sound thousands of years from now, provided the cable inside hasn't corroded, though it's a marginal benefit. But some places try to fool you into paying like a million billion dollars for gold-plated gas-injected cables, particularly for HDMI. To put it into perspective how dumb this is, the free gold-plated Pokemon tablets from Burger King probably had the same amount of gold on them, and you can get HDMI cables for trés cheap.

Posted

I recommend the easy "auxiliary cable". I got like four, because my headphones don't have a cable that's permanently attached; it requires an auxiliary cable. The upside is that if the auxiliary wire ever breaks or messes up (the dreaded "sound is only playing through one ear and I have to wiggle the cord" problem of earbuds) I can just use a new one.

my headphones are actually the same, though mine are also bluetooth-capable as well. since my zune itself cant bluetooth, i cant take advantage of their skip forward/back options, but i can mute them and adjust the volume on them (though not the volume on my zune)

one of these days, ill figure out how to thwart the super-annoying bluetooth-inturrupting waves. step 1: figuring out what on campus actually causes it.

Posted

and then destroy it, with much prejudice

Chimetals likes this

Posted

Hey! Blood vomit!! Long time no see! It's been, wut? 3 years since I last saw you?

But no I'm in pain

Posted

blood vomit oh boy

do you know what causes it/have you gotten that checked out at any point? you dont have mysterious anime disease, right?

Knuckle likes this

Posted

No, ive been throwing up a bit lately so it might have repuppyed my stomach ulcers? Is that a thing? can that happen? lol

Posted

Mysterious Cough Up Blood disease has claimed many lives. It's right up there with the Fever That No One Ever Survives. Be safe, Phanta.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

So I'm not good at managing money well and bought my fifth guitar last week, it came in the mail on Monday and I've played it a bunch since

DV016_Jpg_Large_519267.001_black.jpg

It's a Rogue Herringbone

Also I should probably mention I bought a car as well, I guess

A 2003 Ford Taurus SE

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)

Posted

Is that 12 strings? I thought guitars had six?