24 posts in this topic

Posted

pheo I hate you.

Posted

g and I am lame

Posted

Its the g.

Posted

Did anyone other than me observe that pheonix wrote sext instead of text and that it most likely wasn't an accident.

Posted

Its the g.

that is correct sir

Posted

You guys disappoint me. I will now rave about how disappointing it is that you can not ramble.

For one, it may take a bit of effort but in truth there is no effort at all in just spouting out text.

For two, you guys get rolling on it but someone kills it with a short comment

5 comments later

You should all learn that the art of building a wall of text can only be fully created when there is some business going down and someone is getting chewed up. Otherwise it will be followed, scratch that, ignored and not read. Because that is the job of a wall of pointless text. To take up bandwidth, piss off webmasters, and create eyesores. I do not fret over this so much as it has been invited, and one wall of text may not generate a very large amount of space. But if this thread is to grow to it's fullest potential, it is possible it will gain some weight.

This also reminds me of the style of Faulkner's writing. If you have ever been burdened with the assignment to read one of his books, you will know exactly what I am talking about. He goes on and on, without any hesitation (as if he has the slightest or maybe purest joy in boring his readers), for pages sometimes without a single period because he loves to string clauses together (I promise you it is deadly and can kill you at close range) and let his mind wander to collect every last letter that stems from his very brain as it is, no editing, or perhaps he edits but he does not delete, no sympathy for the reader. I, after reading the Reivers, feel very much acquainted with this shallow art though I know very well it is not mastered. Sometimes I wish it were, but then again my friends would probably kill me. I hope very much that I do not sound like this in person. It is a curse. I can only cure. With. Periods.

You know, english teachers often teach students that symplicity is key. Or at least mine did. Two weeks later we're reading faulkner. Ironic isn't it.

Besides this, I find more often than not walls of text on the internet are not worth reading. Especially as comments because 95% of them are made by attention whores who just want to take up people's times. Other times, you get attention whores like beiber who post very short comments, but at such a frequency your head still explodes. However! I have found in my internet lifespan a handful of people who create walls that are orgasmic, and not some sort of intentional smut. I aspire to write like these folk. Some come off as incredibly stern, concerned, or stagnant while another few ramble in the whimsical ways of deer leaping through a forest. Either or, these are the folk with a handful of intelligence and a bucket of determination to get their message across. I admire these folk.

And in my admiration I will stop now, from impersonating them. Because I also dislike posers. And my job is done, point made.

Your eyesore is over.

Posted

Time for some Persona 3 stuff mainly story right now + picture:

The player starts out as a teenage boy transferring into Gekkoukan High School during his junior year. When this silent protagonist enters his new dorm, he is greeted by a mysterious boy who asks him to sign a contract, promising that he will be responisble for his/her actions.

673788-master_of_strings_screen.jpg The main character awakens his persona, Orpheus.At this time the player experiences the Dark Hour, an extra hour that occurs between midnight and the next hour. Only people with the capacity to summon a "Persona" (a spiritual figure that lends power to the summoner) can experience the Dark Hour. Everyone else appears as if sealed inside a coffin, completely unaware of the extratemporal period that has just passed, or the state they are currently experiencing. During the Dark Hour, monsters called "Shadows" emerge to prey upon the local populace and feed upon their psyche. The next day, an attacked victim remains in a zombie-like, near-catatonic state, thought by the rest of the world to have contracted a strange epidemic called "Apathy Syndrome".

After an attack by an unusually powerful Shadow during a full moon, the player awakens his persona for the first time. He is then recruited into SEES (Special Extracurricular Execution Squad), an organization tasked with finding out why and how the Shadows manifest, and figure out the reason why they exist, and figure out how to get rid of the. All the mysterious phenomena seems to be connected to Tartarus, a giant tower that rises from the school grounds during the Dark Hour. And at its apex, perhaps some answers await the persona-users as they delve into the deep, mysterious labyrinth.

Posted

What? Walls of text are not that hard, I don't think. Then again, I'm so used to trying to avoid them (since I used to (attempt) making comics(Oh hey, Custom user title :/) and WoTs were rather unacceptable) that it might be somewhat difficult for me to actually make one. Says the kid who rambled on about Joan of Arc 5 minutes over the 8 he needed last year. Then again, I really only seem to be able to spew my thoughts when I open the flow, and then everything is allowed out, from idle thoughts to math. Gods I hate it when I start spewing math, people look at me like I'm some nerd. Oh wait. I think my sarcasm may be a bit much, especially considering I seem to be the one it's directed at. Nah, I'm just over analyzing again. Surprising how much I complain but how little I complain about.

Ew, why am I telling you guys this stuff. None of you care. Well, maybe LL cares but he's just a nice guy like that.

Posted

The area known today as Angel Island (Ang-el, also known as the Floating Island) was once a small stretch of barren desert that hung off the edge of Westside Island called the Mar Peninsula, almost entirely life-less and arid despite close proximity to the ocean. With the eruption of Red Mountain around 11,000 BC, much of the area was covered in a thick blanket of volcanic ash, with roughly a third of the peninsula left unaffected. The remainder soon became rich with foliage as the now fertile soil was better suited to growth than the sandy desert prior to the eruption. With the arrival of the water spirit Chaos the Holy Summit, a spring gurgled out of the side of Red Mountain, which eventually formed two great rivers that encircled much of the land. Over time, this created a great basin, out of which sprouted the dense rain forest that now makes up most of Angel Island’s surface. Lakes also formed as the rivers met smaller rivers and poured into the lowlands. A nomadic band of Echidnas that would later be called Forest Dwellers took up home in this rain forest, building the Shrine of the Emerald Pillar at the pond where Chaos and his Chao offspring nested. Hunter-gathers, they altered the land very little, and would have only a small impact on the peninsula until the arrival of the Knuckles, their descendants. The desert was untouched territory for many years, even during the expansionary years of the Knuckles Empire, who constructed a few grand cities on the peninsula. They defended the area fiercely during their wars with Nocturne, following which was the greatest geologic alteration to the land mass in its history. Pachacamac, Chief and High-priest, attempted to rob the Chao of Emerald Pillar, resulting in Chaos going berserk and flooding most of the peninsula with the Emeralds’ power. Nearly all of the Knuckles were killed, and the energy back-lash of the creature’s fury (ended by Pachacamac’s daughter bravely sealing Chaos in the Controller) ripped the peninsula from the planet and caused it to ascend into the air. It has been this way ever since, though it was brought to the ocean by the force of a satellite colliding with it in 2014, it rose back into air once the satellite was exercised. The surviving Knuckles rebuilt their civilization on the new island, naming it Angel after the priestess would helped to unify the fractured tribe in the calamity’s aftermath. They extensively altered the island, building the advanced water-system that spans much of the forested side of the landmass. The energy of the Emerald Pillar soon displayed other effects as well, creating a sort of contained atmosphere around the island, giving it its own weather patterns and air elevation pressure. Red Mountain also became inactive, though a large cavity of bubbling magma remains at the center of the island, oddly never cooling. The Knuckles took advantage of these changes, especially the new Emerald Guardians, who constructed both a chamber to store the Emeralds during crisis within the hallowed volcano, and a massive levitating temple above Angel Island’s clouds called the Sky Sanctuary (seemingly using Babylonian technology). The Knuckles continued to build new cities and alter the island, producing a thriving community advanced in architecture and science. However, do to unknown circumstances (possibly lack of resources and failed attempts at expanding off the island), the last remnants of the Knuckles died out, only once specimen still existence. The next greatest alteration to the landmass proved to be of strange origin, taking the form of Dr. Ivo Robotnik the human. His space station fell down on top of the island, pressing it into the ocean and creating a large crater between Red Mountain and White Mountain. Snow melted around the station and created an enormous lake in the crater that spanned the distance of the two mountains. The scientist further altered the island by building a base to launch the station back into orbit on the crash site, constructing small factory to produce robots that would assist in his operations, and creating a vast computer/power plant that would generate the energy needed to progress all of this work (the eccentric scientist designed this power plant that doubled as an advanced computer to resemble an amusement park, interestingly enough). During his stay he also set a huge part of the forest on fire, demolished a portion of the Marble Gardens (an Echindnian city) with earthquakes from tunneling machines, and caused the entire Sky Sanctuary to crash down upon the island- although the later was the fault of a malfunctioning pair of robots rather than his doing. Robotnik’s space station at length took off with the Controller, but the famous hero Sonic the Hedgehog was able to recover it and restore Angel Island to the heavens. Knuckles eventually managed to exercise as much of the Doctor’s influence as he could, but scars still remain across the entire beautiful island.

I can do worse. Trust me.