Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pelosi's mouth

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a fairly conservative-minded person, although I have always been registered independant. This article (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/65950) and the accompanying video downright scares me, and I'm an unemployed artist!

The implications of her saying that people who are creative can quit their jobs because the taxpayers will support them is the most audacious and evil political statement I have ever heard that wasn't in a George Orwell or Ayn Rand book.

Thoughts? This may not be the proper audience to discuss something like this, but I thought I'd try.

Posted

It seems to me that she's only making the point that no one will need a steady job to have health care. It can be hard to come by money sometimes as an artist, so there is a lot of benefit to be had here for people in that line of work. I don't think she's implying that musicians are layabouts or anything like that.

Posted

Cuz we're hard workin peoplez.

Posted

She's trying to say "see, now people can follow the dreams they've always wanted to pursue and healthcare is one less thing they need to worry about that could deter them."

Pelosi NEVER says anything right. I am a fairly liberal-minded person but she freaks me out.

Posted

Her heart's there, she just can't quite say what she means to.

Posted

That's true, a musician and any truly self employed individual, be them creative or not, (a guy who mows lawns 12 hours a day for example) have to pay for insurance. After this bill, those individuals will be spared that expense, at the expense of the tax payer.

Nobody will be able to defend all of Pelosi's statement without the above as their basis for argument. The problem is, you can take the statement in two ways.

The sensible conservative looks at it and reads a lot into each word she selected. "An entrepreneurial bill. If you're creative you can leave your work and pursue your passion, because you will have healthcare." They read that and think, "Healthcare doesn't pay for food and rent. Leaving work to pursue your passion without paying for anything means that eventually, I'm going to pay for it."

The sensible liberal looks at it and ignores those outcries as overreactions, because they think there is no way that she actually meant that creative people can quit their jobs and live off the government. It was a blunder and looks bad to conservatives, but if you take the comment for what it was intended, creative and self-employed people are going to have healthcare coverage paid for by the government, and that's great.

There are two things we can learn from these opposing viewpoints. Firstly, neither are correct entirely. Somewhere in the middle, there is a truth. Where that line is we will probably never know. When you go back up and review the two previous paragraphs, pick which one you agreed with. You're certainly closer to one or the other, if neither fit you perfectly.

The conservative saw the creative individual's bills coming straight out of his pocket, and the liberal saw the creative individual's bilsl coming straight from the government. AH! I CAUGHT YOU! TOO LATE! NO CHANGING YOUR ANSWERS! So, the second thing to note from these hypothetical viewpoints is, Liberals see the government as the government. Conservatives see the government as themselves.

(or rather, Liberals see the government's money as the government's money, and Conservatives see the government's money as their money.)

Posted

I'm somewhere in the middle.

I mean.

Ffff.

I agree with the healthcare bill and feel like its necessary.

But feel that financially this is a retarded move.

Pelosi means well mostly but sometimes she freaks me out.

When she passed the healthcare bill she was like "We were all going around betting on when it would finally be passed. I mean... I mean... We weren't actually BETTING on it. I mean we were but we didn't put any money down on it that is not what I meant, I just meant... >>"

She just meant that they went around and was like "when do you think this will be passed?" and people responded "next month" or "tomorrow" etc. But like she just runs her mouth off like that.

Posted

I have the same problem she has, but with compliments.

I don;t know where I stand with healthcare. I need to be educated more on it.

Posted

Pelosi ew ew ew ew ew