Ilia's Secret (part 3): Renado's Verdict

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Renado's Verdict Part 1

Ilia hugged Link’s arm and rested her head on his shoulder as they walked ahead of the guests.

‘How did you get this...?’ She asked as she ran her finger down the long scar that framed his left bicep.

‘Uh...a Bulbin spooked Epona,’ Link replied cautiously.

Ilia stopped, ‘Oh, was she OK?!’ She gasped.

Link shook his head in amusement and laughed, ‘Sometimes I think you care more about Epona than you do me.’

‘Aw, she’s a lady; I’m just making sure you’re treating her like one!’ Ilia smiled and reached up to kiss him on the cheek.

‘You know, honey, the first time I saw him look at you I knew you two were more than a couple of Ordonian kids. Everyone could see it, you just hadn’t realised it yet,’ Telma said appearing at Ilia’s side, causing her blush self-consciously.

‘She’s right!’ Beth chirped as she and Renado’s daughter, Luda, skipped ahead.

Telma winked at Link and Ilia and followed after them on her wagon. When they all eventually reached the village, Bo was puttering around adjusting decorations and adding the final touches to the table while the other residents of Ordon gathered near the entrance to greet the guests. Rusl called for Bo to join them seeing as he was mayor and should be the one to carry out the introductions. Beth, Colin, Talo and Malo ran to their parents as Link took his place at the end of the line while Ilia went to stand by her father.

‘How do I look?’ Bo asked nervously.

‘You look fine, Pa’ Ilia replied.

At that moment, Telma and Renado rode past the small crowd, followed by Auru, Ashei and Shad, and lastly Luda and Ralis, who was now king since his return to the throne. Bo introduced them respectively and instructed Fado to relieve Telma of her horse and wagon.

‘Right this way everyone,’ Bo announced, ‘Lunch will be served shortly.’

Everybody made their way towards the elaborate table while the women, Ilia included, went to get the food. The child bypassed the table and the ‘boring adult conversation’, as Talo said, and ran straight to the creek to test out Colin’s new fishing rod. Beth and Luda watched in awe as Ralis showed them how he could back flip of the tall platform that protruded upwards from the deep end of the water.

Meanwhile, in Pergie’s kitchen, Ilia helped the other women prepare the food. She didn’t particularly enjoy cooking, but after so many years of making sure Bo was eating healthy, she had grown to tolerate it, even though she still considered it a chore.

‘Here Ilia, why don’t do these?’ Uli asked handing Ilia a basket of pea pods.

Ilia sat at the table and began extracting the peas. She stared out the window at Link as he laughed and spoke with Auru and Shad.

Why can’t we be together without being interrupted every minute...she thought to herself. She popped the last pea from its pod and stood up to hand the basket back to Uli. As she stood up, a wave of dizziness rocked her. Ilia lost her balance for a second and grabbed the table for support.

READ NEXT: Ilia's Secret: Renado's Verdict Part 2

Posted

Dude, seriously. We don't have a letter limit in our threads. You can condense all these into one.

Posted

actually i cant, atm my computer keeps screwing up so the only way i can do it is to break it all up... i realise it can be a pain in the arse so sorry bout that.

Posted

Hopefully a mod can edit it for us? Cough Cough?

Posted

a what? ...

Posted

a moderator. Could combine all your threads into one. if only there was one around right now. COUGH COUGH.

Posted

righttt, well i get what ur saying but see, thing is im technologically challenged so yep.

Posted

Not you. Moderators on this sight have the ability to edit people's threads. and IT WOULD BE REALLY CONVENIENT IF A MODERATOR CAME TO THESE THREADS AND COMBINED ALL OF THEM, DON'T YOU AGREE?

Posted

mmhmm yes it would, deffs

Posted

Yeah, I know, I really suck at this typing business.