Zelda Wii

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Well the buzz about Zelda Wii is just everywhere and I really can't wait for it to come out n_n.gif I've been gone a while and am just happy to be back in my Zelda world. Anywho, back on topic, Zelda Wii is a fairly big topic now, no? I was just checking over various Zelad sites and came across a list of rumors for Zelda Wii and even a poll for "Most Anticipated Game" and sadly Zelda Wii is in second place (so said the polls when I casted my vote) -_-.gif You can find the poll here: http://e3.gamespot.c...ost-anticipated but results are only shown for those who vote.

Now since we know so little of the game (until E3 hopefully) there's a lot of room for speculation. Here's a list I found over at http://zeldadungeon.net/ :

1. Link will be replacing the bow and arrow with a crossbow.

2. Game is all but finished. Putting on final touches.

3. There will be a playable demo at E3.

4. Time travel does occur and it happens through the use of a new blade. (not the master sword)

5. Link’s hometown is much bigger than in previous titles.

6. There will be several “Majora’s Mask

Posted

I mean there is even some speculation that she's a zora. Some even think she looks like the Queen of Fairies from WW and I am one of them. I've even heard some people say she was his sword which is in honesty BS. What, does she transform into different items that Link can use or something? Just because Link is without a sword in this picture doesn't mean that.

1. She looks nothing like a Zora

2. She looks exactly like a more grown up version of the Queen of Fairies

3. Her outfit looks exactly like the Master Sword, so it's much less BS than calling her a Zora

The gaming style is another topic of debate. I actually think it is going to be more of a serious style like TP but probably with more color like OoT.

Gaming style? You mean art style? Also, TP had more color than OoT and WW was way more vibrant than either of them.

And maybe this is just because I've never used it before, but I don't see why having Wii Motion Plus is such an improvment. From what I know all it does it make movement more fluentual and accurate to the gamer's movements.

You say that like it's a bad thing. See, the Wiimote senses only primitive movements. Like when you swing up, it goes up. When you move it right, it moves right.

The Wii Motion plus is 1:1 movement. Which means, whichever position the Wii remote is in real life, his sword will be in the game. That's immersion, right there. You're just being shallow minded.

Posted

1. She looks nothing like a Zora

2. She looks exactly like a more grown up version of the Queen of Fairies

3. Her outfit looks exactly like the Master Sword, so it's much less BS than calling her a Zora

Gaming style? You mean art style? Also, TP had more color than OoT and WW was way more vibrant than either of them.

You say that like it's a bad thing. See, the Wiimote senses only primitive movements. Like when you swing up, it goes up. When you move it right, it moves right.

The Wii Motion plus is 1:1 movement. Which means, whichever position the Wii remote is in real life, his sword will be in the game. That's immersion, right there. You're just being shallow minded.

No, I'm not being shallow minded because I said I didn't know what Wii Motion Plus was so how can I be making it sound like a bad thing. Just saying was all. I agree, she looks nothing like a Zora and does look like the Queen of Fairies (I already said that...).

Posted

Saha, I seriously doubt motion+ is 1:1. Pretty close, sure, but not quite there. I personally wouldn't mind using motion+, especially since I think that'll make the game a lot more interesting (and somewhat harder) to play. No more wild swings, you have to think about how to attack, lunges are useful again(are they normally? I've never found a spot to use them).

And I think she's referring to the plot, serious being the feel of the game, whereas OoT had some happy/funny/quirky spots.

Posted

No one like my pal to straighten thing out :n_n: Love the avatar CO :D But now that I know what Motion+ is, I see why it would benefit a Zelda game. I mean, you'd have to stay alert as if it were a real sword in your hand...sweet :squint:

Posted

And maybe this is just because I've never used it before, but I don't see why having Wii Motion Plus is such an improvment. From what I know all it does it make movement more fluentual and accurate to the gamer's movements.

No, I'm not being shallow minded because I said I didn't know what Wii Motion Plus was so how can I be making it sound like a bad thing. Just saying was all.

Holy crap you are THIS MUCH like YLA right now.

Posted

And I take that as such a compliment because YLA is one of my closest friends and am talking to him right now. So I'm biased for not knowing what Motion+ is? You people think I'm saying Wii Motion+ is bad, I'm not, I was stating the features of the game and asking what it was and I didn't get what the big hype was, that's it. PLease don't start forum war over this.

Posted

Holy crap you are THIS MUCH like YLA right now.

Come on man that's an insult no one deserves.

Posted

Why would you take being biased as a compliment?

Posted

(Off topic for a moment here, excuse me)

Pheo, I think you need to look for meds for your internet aspergers.

Anyways,

I hope the well makes a comeback.

Posted

Not being biased as a compliment, being like YLA. Because I see impending doom on the horizon. I think what happened to YLA is gonna happen to me now all because y'all mis read that statement. Never once in that entire essay did I say "Wii Motion+ is a bad thing"

Posted

...I've noticed I have this bad habit of making friends. But my friends who are friendly towards me, hate each other.

Posted

You said it like it was a bad thing.

"I don't see why it's an improvement. All it does is make your movements more fluid. But I've never used it."

I don't think you're ever going to achieve YLA's ridicule.

Come on man that's an insult no one deserves.

Know what I mean?

Posted

Well I didn't mean it to sound like that. All I was saying was everyone was so excited about it and I didn't know why because I never used it

Posted

Actually it sounds like a pointless attachment to make the control smother. In other words it's a waste of money to buy it.