Zelda Wii

61 posts in this topic

Posted

That's what I thought and that's why I was saying, why is this such a big deal? That's all I was saying :(

Posted

Easier? I was under the impression that Zelda Wii was going to be harder and more epic. I'm not sure where or when I heard that, but I also remember something about replayable bosses and something like a hint-system or something like that. Does this ring a bell for anyone else, or am I just confused?

Anyways, I don't trust that list much but I'm all for it I think, except for the crossbow part. I'd rather it stay bow and arrow, for old times sake. Shouldn't be too bad though, although it'll feel a little bit like a shooter I think.

Anyways anyways, I'm hoping the combat will be as good as it sounds. Like enemies with particular weak spots you have to stab, more item use mixed in with the swordplay, etc. Just slashing is pretty boring.

Saha covered all the quirks I had with your post, but I'll take the time to explain the sword-girl theory:

Exhibit A: Her hair is silver and comes to a point, like a blade.

Exhibit B: Her fishnet style pantyhose or whatever is the same pattern on the hilt of the Master Sword

Exhibit C: Her dress is the same color as the guard of the sword and features similar ripples

Exhibit D: Link isn't holding a sword, which furthers the symbolism.

I did this from memory so tell me if I forgot something guys.

Posted

No, gah! I'm so bad with trying to get people to understand what I'm saying. I mean, how is she the sword? How is this possible as her the actual weapon in Link's hands swinging at enemies? post-9374-1275271456738983_thumb.jpg THAT'S what I was saying is BS, it really isn't possible. Now, other than that, what do they mean she's the sword if she isn't the actual weapon. I know she can talk through the sword, but is that what they mean?

I just heard it'd be easier, but what's easier, be it challenges or accesibly sich as Motion+, I don't know.

Posted

I figure if she is the sword, she has the power to transform from person thing to sword. So she can talk to Link and hopefully give good advice. Like an old friend...

Posted

Anthromorph.

She is the sword, but in a humanoid form.

Posted

And that's what I said in my orginal post. Wow, Nintendo was thinking creativly huh? I wonder how'd that work, interesting :3 I had said that already and wanted to know if y'all agreed or not D:

Posted

I'm sorry. I guess I misunderstood you then. I thought you said she has no relation to the sword at all. Which she obviously does.

Posted

Mm no, but you did say this:

Also the girl in the famous artwork of Zelda Wii (supposedly Adelle) is suppose to talk to Link through his sword which isn't the Master Sword.

Where did you hear that Link's sword in this game isn't the Master Sword? I think that's where you've left people confused, because you're saying you agree that she is the Master Sword, but earlier you said that Link apparently won't have it.

I believe she is the Master Sword, holding the ability to separate from the blade in a human form, twist the blade's shape and form into a more humanoid version of herself (which might explain why he's not holding it in the original artwork), and go back into the Master Sword's original form and talk to Link (similar to how Tetra and the pirates talked to Link through a glowing stone in WW.)

I think you thought that the Master Sword was gone because of the previous rumor you mentioned about time travel through another blade that isn't the Master Sword. That doesn't necessarily mean that Link is going to carry around one sword throughout the entire game. From my speculation, he'll probably end up having the Master Sword as well as the Time Travel weapon, but this, 'Adelle' is going to have something to do with the Time Travel weapon. I'm interested to hear about her race's backstory (very much so.)

Posted

Not every Zelda game had the Master Sword. Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, Four swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks (as far as I know) did not have the Master Sword in them. Only Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess have had the Master Sword. So Link doesn't have to have the Master Sword. The girl can be both his sword and not be the Master Sword.

Posted

I think this would be a funny relationship.

He holds her a lot, so she'd bound to mention something about it.

He's seen and used her a lot, so she's bound to mention that.

I wonder what kind of personality she has.

Also, in addition to all those things about her being the sword, she also doesn't appear to have arms.

Not visible ones, anyway.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Also, in addition to all those things about her being the sword, she also doesn't appear to have arms.

Not visible ones, anyway.

So I've noticed, but I think they are hidden underneath what appears to be something like a cloack on her.

Where did you hear that Link's sword in this game isn't the Master Sword? I think that's where you've left people confused, because you're saying you agree that she is the Master Sword, but earlier you said that Link apparently won't have it.

Ah, well, I've been hearing rumors like that around zeldadungeon.net. However, I think she may be his sword without being the Master Sword, maybe just a reference kinda. I didn't notice I contridicted myself, thanks for pointing that out.

'S ok :)

Posted

No, no.

That's totally the Master Sword.

Posted

Ok, I honestly want the Master Sword in this game, but from the rumors I've been hearing just supported otherwise. Guess I'll just wait and see :)

Posted

No. Saha said the Master Sword is in the game. It's obviously true.

Posted

Well I hope he's right :P