E3 hype thread

161 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait what?

There's going to be another Scribblenauts?

The first one was good, but...

Posted

There's gonna be a Kirby Wii?? Sweet! And Zelda, MAJOR Zelda. I want confirmation on awesomeness

Posted

So long as the new Zelda game looks mind-blowing, I probably won't pay attention to much else. But Kirby, Star Fox, Final Fantasy...I'd look at those as well. And definitely Half-Life.

Posted

Hopefully Zelda Wii, Kirby Wii, Star Fox Wii, and the third Professor Layton.

Not to mention the 3DS.

Posted

Wait what?

There's going to be another Scribblenauts?

The first one was good, but...

Read this

Posted

What day is e3 being aired, anyways? And on what channel?

Posted

I think G4's coverage starts Monday.

Posted

[quote name='「Arcane

Posted

Bearsworth Manor? What?

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Zelda can go to hell, the next one will be shit and so will Jared's first relationship.

Why so pessimistic? I think this is the most Nintendo's ever covered something up with a prolonged project. They really want it to be surprising and amazing. That along with the fact that they already have a base engine means it's been worked on pretty severely. Keep in mind that TP was made in around the same time as OoT, which is like, five or six years, maybe. Majora's Mask was completed in two years because they already had a base engine and used the same art style and recycled some of the characters. So logically, Zelda Wii should have been out in less time than TP. Motion controls would be a small hurdle, like with TP when it was ported onto the Wii. However, the game has been worked on for a much longer time than TP so far, with maybe another year on it. That, combined with how Aonuma swore to try to outbest OoT and change up the formula, means it's probably going to be more unique and interesting than something like TP.

Plus, it's going to have 1:1 motion controls. Ever hear of the ever-pessimistic Yahtzee, that does the Zero Punctuation reviews? Even he reluctantly admitted to enjoying Red Steel's 1:1 motion sensitivity in Red Steel 2. Something like Red Steel isn't expected to have perfect control, but Zelda games have never had bad controls. I've never thought, "This should be set to a different button" or "this inventory is unwieldy" when I play a Zelda game. So that's really something to look forward to.

I won't really comment on Final Fantasy.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Shaq, I think he was doing that just to get you angry.

Posted

I really want a Kirby game!

A platformer, Kirby Air Ride 2, so many possibilities!

And Star Fox!

I never played the shooting ones. I LOVED SF Adventures though. Amazing game.

And of Course Zelda.

My list!

-Zelda

-Kirby

-Star Fox

In that order :D

And maybe a new Mario game?

Posted

I want a Kirby Wii too. They canceled it, but I heard it was back on. It looked pretty cool, but it could've been fake. If it is a Kirby Air Ride 2 then it should have a story mode. Lack of story mode made Kirby Air Ride boring after a week or so. >_<

Posted

That game is fun to play with friends though.

And that video was sexy.

Posted

Yeah. Also it's only fun if you're friends are good at it.

Also yeah. That video. Look so much fun.

Posted

Shaq, I think he was doing that just to get you angry.

Not to get Saha angry. Just an excuse to insult Jared. I don't know anything much about the new Zelda game, so I'm not going to make any predictions. And even if it looks bad I'll probably still get it anyway. Not that it's going to look bad, because everybody's so good at advertising these days that no game looks truly bad when you crop out the shit.