E3 hype thread

161 posts in this topic

Posted

Sonic Hero's graphic design was terrible. I hope they fired whoever was in charge.

Posted

So I'm like the only person who likes Sonic Heroes?

Posted

I said, "It's one of my favorite Sonic songs."

See, I was poking fun because you typed the same sentence twice for some reason. :P

Posted

GTAV

Posted

Sonic Heroes was pretty good, and Terminator 2-Metal Sonic was a great villain.

Also, what about the Sonic Rush games? Those were good and had good fast paced action.

Posted

I have Sonic Rush and it's pretty good. I heard there was one called Sonic Rush Adventure, but I've never seen it anywhere.

Posted

Why didn't he just say that? Now we're even. I don't like WW and he doesn't like SH.

Yeah, but I don't like Sonic Heroes for reasons, so we're not even. For instance, terrible voice acting, buggy levels (How many times have I fallen off that loop?), breaking any adrenaline I might have by punching walls open, Knuckles' odd gliding across the floor when I punch things, Sonic's whirlwind move, Tails' voice whenever I do anything with him etc. etc.

And I'm not even the type of guy to bash Tails' voice actor. Sure, he gets more and more prepubescent the more games he's in for some reason, but in this one, it also sounds like he needs to unblock his nose.

And after all this, it's not too terrible of a game. It's just balancing bad with good. I guess I can tolerate getting my camera stuck in the wall five or six times, or falling off a loop into my death, or falling through the ground, for that matter. But it was the start of the Sonic series' downward fall of bad ideas.

http://g4tv.com/videos/36749/Things-Wed-Love-To-Kill/

And if I'm going to speak graphically here, I find it really unnerving that Sonic and pals look like they're made of moist modeling clay, when everything else in the whole game doesn't have that odd moist looking unnecessary texture.

Plot was OK, and I could put up with the voice acting and everything, but honestly, I'd prefer if the game were just a 3D movie or something.

Posted

I had reasons too. They were good, but you just can't see that. Thus we are even.

Besides I really didn't care much about the graphics or the bad voice acting. I liked the game for the game. Sure it was a little buggy, but hey, all games a buggy in some ways. Like in OoT MQ I found a glitch to go through Jabu Jabu, but I don't hate the game for it.

Also I don't care for your reasons. If you don't like the game fine. I'll exept that. I don't care if you hate it just because Sonic is blue. (Well ok that's a bad example. Of I would care, but still.)

Also I'm watching an LP of Sonic Unleashed. To be honest it's not that bad.

Posted

And if I'm going to speak graphically here, I find it really unnerving that Sonic and pals look like they're made of moist modeling clay, when everything else in the whole game doesn't have that odd moist looking unnecessary texture.

What texture? The characters were literally just solid colors with some shitty gloss effect added to them.

Posted

YLA, I would like to see these reasons.

Posted

Reasons for what?

Posted

Your terrible reasons for not liking Wind Waker.

Like "Link is a cat".

How does that make the game bad? It doesn't.

EDIT: Oh, and the likewise terrible reason for thinking Link is a cat.

He meows in one part of the game and his eyes are sort of angular.

You know, YLA, cats' eyes are actually pretty round.

What texture? The characters were literally just solid colors with some shitty gloss effect added to them.

That's the texture they were using. And I agree. It looked pretty terrible.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Why can't you just look back or remember instead of constantly asking what you were talking about?

He called him a cat???

Posted

I think the reason the voice actors were so crappy was because they used the voice actors from the 4Kids dub of Sonic X so they would have consistency.

Posted

He called him a cat???

Yes. When we get in debates like this, he typically brings up that he thinks "Link is a cat", because during one part of the game, Link sneaks around this one girl, and when he almost gets caught, he meows in order to fool her.

And because of his eyes, which aren't even that cat-eye-shaped anyway.

And this is one of his reasons for thinking Wind Waker is bad.

Another reason is that "Toon Link ruins anything he's in", despite the fact that YLA enjoyed Four Swords Adventure and thinks Spirit Tracks is a great game.

I think it is suitable to say that these are fairly stupid reasons for not liking a game.

Also Aethix, since when did Sonic voice acting get consistent with anything? In every Sonic game, Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails have different voice actors, and it always boggles my mind.

Sahaqiel