Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Part 2 of The Legend of Link Fan Movie

51 posts in this topic

Posted

let me geuss, the "real legend of zelda"?

*checks*

yep, they're pretty good flashes, funny, good detail and animation.

i just found another movie with real people, and yet another brown haired zelda, although there's partly a reason behind this one because its only really referencing to zeloda characters, not them actually being there.

I still reckon somebody needs to be taken down about this whole brown haired zelda thing, its totally untrue to the games, and these people call themselves zelda fans....

Posted

usually when I venture around on the web looking at what people have to say about our movie, I don't say anything. I just kinda snicker and move on. But something has really been annoying me here at this particular bored...

OUR ZELDA'S HAIR IS NOT BROWN

it is a dark red, and you can get over it because zelda was portrayed with dark red hair many a time.

Since I took the time to register to this board I suppose I might as well answer questions that you might have, and tell anyone who has critism that we totally agree with them. The movie isn't that great, because we didn't bother cutting too much out. We bothered to film it, so why leave it out. That was our logic because we weren't making this movie with the intent to appeal to the masses. We made it because we actually wanted to do something that we said we should do, instead of just talking about it.
Out of it all, part 3 is the best. and probably the only thing that we all like.

so, if you have any questions, feel free to bother me with them and I'll answer when I feel like it.

Posted

so when's part 3 coming out :D?

i havn't got a problem with your movie in particular it's just most real zelda fan movies seem to do it (and the odd zelda advert i've seen). As far as i've noticed, yes i suppose it is dark red in the very first zelda, but that's it and zelda only appeared at the very end of that as well, link has had different coloured hair, more times that zelda...

Also, its fine not cutting out much because you've filmed it, you've obviously taken the time and effort to make this, it's just that some of the more boring parts seemed to go on longer than the good parts, maybe its just because they were boring though.

O btw, loved your bomb arrows referencing in part 2 :D

I must admit actually, the more i think about the moives the better they are and you obviously know your stuff...

Posted

part three has been uploaded and is waiting to be verified, so it should be viewable in the next day or so.

We do know our stuff, we just refuse to stick to the stuff we know. We sit there and agree that there are really long drawn out stuff, but we are done bothering with it and such. Just for the record though, the original halo part was 15 minutes long and the original tingoperation part was 9 minutes long..

so yes, we made cuts... but you just don't know how much better it is than what it used to be... unless of course you somehow got your mits on our original cuts...

Posted

>_> Oh foofie, her hair looks brown IMO, and you can't make me change my mind. I like the bomb arrows as well. What gave you the idea to make it?

Oh, oh, oh....I hope next time you uh....Don't plan on making on Ganondorf wear that AWFUL...nightgown?I still have nightmares from watching it. You should have also make him cut himself. I wanted to hear him scream in pain...

Oh, could you possibly add bloopers?It'd make me really happy!

Posted

There are credits in part three that are accompanied by bloopers. And I blame google video for making her hair look brown.

We had a list of all the items from all the games.. we saw bomb arrows and decided that they were probably the most retarded item idea and we just had to make fun of them

Posted

yer, id like to see how bomb arrows work out in twilight princess, as well as the other crossover weapons, hookshot bomb is probabbly the best yet.

o and another thing, out of interest, considering it must be a v low budget film, how did you get hold of the zelda related costumes?

i see what you mean about the google video, its much more noticable that she has dark red hair in the jacuzzi

the halo bits were ok (nice long distance stick by the way), but i geuss it ended up seeming drawn out by the tingle operation to be honest...

Posted

We made them. We bought cheap on sale fabric and took random trips to Goodwill and such in order to get what we needed to make our costumes. Things like Link's tunic and Zelda's costume and randome other tunics were all sewn and altered by our costume queen, Heather. We were very satisfied with how they turned out, for the most part.

And the same thing goes with the props. All home made and altered, or purchased cheap.

Posted

very impressive, i can't really think of anything else to say about it apart from the fact that it's good to hear that part 3 will be better than the other 2 (not in a bad way, 2 was rather good)

Posted

I am extremely impressed with this Link's costume, even though you just used leftover material, nevertheless, I am extremely overjoyed!Give that comment to your costume designer. I would LOVE it if she made a dress for me....heh heh heh....

Posted

all 3 of the main characters costumes are very good, id be lucky to make just link's hat out of scrap pieces of cloth...

Posted

Ganon's armor was made out of cardboard and paper mache by our editor/director/props guy A/ developer A, Danny Sammons.. and then was covered in some sheet metal and painted.

I will pass on the comments to Heather. thanks all.

Posted

[quote name='gingerlink' post='1392' date='Jun 26 2006, 03:28 PM']all 3 of the main characters costumes are very good, id be lucky to make just link's hat out of scrap pieces of cloth...[/quote]

I bet it's pratically the most simple thing that, hell, even I could make if I really wanted too. A crap hat but still, It'd be a hat for Link for sure. Heh heh....

<_< Obviously, you could never make a guy drunk but with Tingle, that's another story. *snickers*

Ganondorf's armour was made out of cardboard and paper mache?Oh my goodness, it looked so real it sure fooled me!I'm guessing that you used gold and silver paints or something like that?

Oh, by the way, uh....Who played The so called 'Great Deku Tree'?

-----

We're gonna be using BOMB arrows?That's a first!Hohohoho....Can't wait!I sure love to blow (and burn) things up.

*stares at the former Deku Tree* Um....Oh, right....That was...a bad idea... :embarrassed:

Posted

That was one of our teachers, Mr Monjenas (aka. Eddy Mojo) We needed him to ramble about the hero's journey, and it is really funny for us because we all took his class. He was in a hurry the day we filmed him and was complaining about how Sinatra only did things in 1 take. So thats what we got out of him and we didn't bother him any further.

yes, we did alter the voice, hence why it seems to be out of sync with his mouth.

Posted

:blink: lol, Eddy Mojo?Oh my goodness.... What am, erm, interesting name?Yeah, he was TOTALLY out of sync with the echo and what not.

And what did you do in this movie?(ahhh, I sound like a writer. awfulness....)