Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do some hate on Twilight Princess?

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Whoever has complained about Triforce hunting has never tried to assemble every Poe in TP.

You didn't try, so you really can't complain.

You also could get Triforce charts that told you where to go. All that you just described is what made Wind Waker a fun experience, and Twilight Princess not as fun. You actually had to explore in WW, and got rewards for your effort. In TP, you had to wander a bleak and uninteresting landscape and wait to get hit by something, or go into wolf form and scout the whole barren field for Poes, aiming towards a useless goal because the game already chucks Rupees at your head. Sometimes, Poes were in dungeons. Who goes into dungeons twice? Not me. They're too cramped and linear.

I don't think there was anything that let you see where Poes were other than your wolf sense, also.

This was all supremely lame.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't hate TP, I still enjoyed playing it however I just didn't have as fun playing TP as with the other Zelda's I've played. And I don't know why :/

No Zelda game will ever top Majora's Mask in my opinion. :/

Posted

You didn't try, so you really can't complain.

You also could get Triforce charts that told you where to go. All that you just described is what made Wind Waker a fun experience, and Twilight Princess not as fun. You actually had to explore in WW, and got rewards for your effort. In TP, you had to wander a bleak and uninteresting landscape and wait to get hit by something, or go into wolf form and scout the whole barren field for Poes, aiming towards a useless goal because the game already chucks Rupees at your head. Sometimes, Poes were in dungeons. Who goes into dungeons twice? Not me. They're too cramped and linear.

I don't think there was anything that let you see where Poes were other than your wolf sense, also.

This was all supremely lame.

Sahaqiel

I tried, but I couldn't do it. I mean after I found out that they were everywhere, I didn't want to do it. Besides it's not like you have to do it to beat the game. However I did do the Triforce quest and it was a pain in the ass. I mean when Zelda 1 did it, it was fun because you didn't have to look in a big empty space for a whole with a diameter of about 2 inches, and having to get the hook in the right area just to get it.

Also fine I don't care about the poe souls, but as far as I'm concerned the Triforce hunt is, has been, and always will be the worst side quest second worst side quest in Zelda history. (Mainly due to a crappy disk.)

The worst

is the target practice mini game in OoA just to get a f***ing flute just to get a god damn kangaroo, just to get to the next f***ing place. >_<

Posted

It's not bad. It is seriously not a bad side quest.

If you would just get the maps and explore places, it's actually a really interesting experience. Each island was different from the others, and each posed some sort of challenge. Pretty much, every island was a sidequest, or contained multiple sidequests. There were a lot of puzzles and a lot of action, but overall, it was an exciting experience to walk on new land and take up a new challenge.

Also, I never had a problem with salvaging the chests or doing that minigame in OoA.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It's not fun when you have to go around looking for rupees. It's not fun having to give Tingle 399 rupees when you can only hold 200. It's not fun to look for a bigger wallet when you have no f***ing clue where to find it. It's not fun to sail aimlessly around a giant map. It's not fun having to check charts every minute just to see where you are. It's not fun having to play a game of "Getting in the right place in the center of the glowing circle."

I just named everything that made the side quest horrible. That is that.

Also tell me how many points I need to get? Because my highest score is 540 and he's never given it to me.

Posted

It is quite fun getting the Rupees, because you actually have to do things like defeat enemies or complete sidequests to do it. Big worlds have to feel big, so that's why "sailing aimlessly" is a good thing. You can even chart out the map, so this isn't a problem. Find a bigger wallet. They're normally found in city areas. Checking the map is a second long process. Maps tell you exactly where the glowing circles are. Zelda has always been about discovery, ever since the start. You're an adventurer, so think like one.

I just listed every reason as to why you whine too much about things that are totally reasonable.

idk man

What do you even mean by that, also? 540? High score? What?

Sahaqiel

Posted

No you just pointed out that you like adventure as where I like to kill stuff.

I mean that I got up to 540 points on the mini game and he hasn't given me the flute. I just want to know how many points I need to get the flute.

Posted

Many of the islands in Wind Waker were like the tower full of monsters in TP. You got to kill a lot of things, there.

Posted

What the hell are you guys talking about? WW had so many rupees. There were 100 under your grandmother's house! They weren't thrown at you like in TP, but they were just as, if not more, common then in OoT. Maybe I just have a rupee-radar.

Posted

Yeah, but you still had to work to fill up your wallet.

Posted

What the hell are you guys talking about? WW had so many rupees. There were 100 under your grandmother's house! They weren't thrown at you like in TP, but they were just as, if not more, common then in OoT. Maybe I just have a rupee-radar.

Yeah, but if you find them all in the chests, they go away and you can't get them.

Posted

I'm not saying Rupees were hard to find, PH, I'm saying you had to do more than just stumble across 3,000 chests to get to them.

Posted

Yeah, the Stallord and Argorok battles were really awesome.

I was just disappointed that every single dungeon boss had three hits to a stage.

Like what happened to the seemingly random hit points of previous 3D Zelda bosses?

Makes the battle sort of predictable.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I liked twilight princess thought it was a great game. but not as good as ocarina of time i didn't like some of the temple's.