Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3DS Discussion

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll just start by saying that, apparently,

The Nintendo 3DS has been said to be $348 AU Dollars at the EB Games Website, But the release date is yet to be confirmed.

Which is right around 300 USD.

Hefty price, but I guess it's worth it.

Posted

$300-?! O_O

I mean I agree that a system of this calibur deserves a good sum of money for it, but if this amount is true, then there's no way that I'm getting one anytime near its release date. x_x; I needs me a job.

Posted

$300? Well so much for me getting it. Then again the only reason I wanted it was for OoT. Since I already have it I guess that would've been a waste of money.

Posted

I heard that the majority of the games being made for the 3DS will be made with Cel Shaded graphics... The first batch, anyway.

Ocarina of Time 3DS is considered to be one of these games, y'know.

Posted

What? Now they're ruining OoT with that too? :cry:

Posted

I was lying. ._.

Posted

*Sigh* One day I'm going to stop believing you and then it really be cel-shade. >_<

Also even if they aren't I really can't do 3D that well. I mean I can watch 3D movies, but my mind has this thing where it hates having thing come at me and reacts from headaches. I have this fear of being hit in the head so to cope with this fear my I get headaches to stop the pain. It doesn't work to well, but whatever. (That's just the glory of being able to tune down the 3D effect. :D )

Posted

Three hundred seems a bit steep, but if the 3DS's many features work as well as they're supposed to, it's not a bad sum. It's very likely I'll get it if the reviews look good.

Posted

I doubt that price holds too much authenticity. I was predicting about £150 (U.K. money) which works out about $220 (U.S. money). That's the price the DSi was originally. If it goes any higher, it almost certainly won't be anything beyond £170/£180 ($250/$265). That seems a much more likely sum.

Anyway, certainly getting this on release day. No question about it.

Posted

Three hundred dollars??

And how much will the game cost?! $50?!

Posted

All things considered, people do a lot for technology, and this is something that almost no one has experienced in everyday life. It's not just another handheld with some fancy feature that other handheld devices have had, or home consoles, or even arcades have had. This is something totally new to the market, with mindblowing features that are only amplified by this new technology.

So I don't know how much it will cost, but according to supply and demand, whatever price they decide on will probably be appropriate.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I like how it's 3D and I don't need these big-ass 50's glasses to use them.

Posted

Agreed. I really felt sorry for Sony at E3. Nintendo was on just before them, making a huge deal out of how you didn't need glasses to experience 3D. Then Sony showed off some of their games in 3D and asked everyone to put on their glasses. You could almost hear the groans in the room.