Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is it so wrong to have a toothpick?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I consider myself a good person, a person who tries not to offend others and obey the rules. I'm just . . . unusual, that's all. But lately I have been driven to near madness by my own family's intolerance of my abnormalities and my own lack of self worth.

About a week ago my father told me that if I wanted to I could go with him and my grandmother to Hood Canal, one of the most beautiful places in the world in my opinion. Naturally I accepted, but I have been regretting it ever since I arrived. It's rained for the past few days, so I've had to stay inside when the only reason I came was to hike through the woods and swim the saltwater beaches. I miss home so much, especially my mom. Today we've moved from the cabin near the canal to my grandmother's residence in a retirement home for two more days and while it gets internet it has no pictures of my mom, only my pain of a stepmother. She's almost like the ones you would find in a fairytale, the nasty ones. I have no one to talk to either, since I came up here alone save my dad and my grandma. Grandma has bad hearing and is borderline senile, so it's difficult to convey even a simple concept to her.My dad has been studying to get his job back (Misunderstanding at work . . . it made the news.) and taking care of grandma so he hardly has a chance to speak to me. Worst of all is how much they gripe at me for a habit that the rest of my family has built a tolerance for: Bearing a single toothpick in my mouth. There are a few reasons I do this: My father smokes(Which in my books is light-years worse) and the look reminds me of how tough and wise I wish I was. I wish they would accept it, it's not so bad so far as I think. My grandma even said one she hoped I choked on it. I wish I could get them to understand.

By the way, I'm bisexual. You're probably wondering why I mention this, so am I mostly. I don't think I could ever tell the rest of my family, especially not the people I've mentioned in this paragraph, but since I consider you guys a second family I thought I could tell you. Thank you for reading this, and happy father's day.

Posted

There's nothing wrong with having a toothpick in your mouth.

Posted

That's just absurd.

Posted

Thanks Guys!:blush:

Posted

Anytime.

Posted

I'm bi, too. Let's get it on.

Posted

Puck is the new Mila.

Posted

First off, not looking for THAT kind of love here Kimmy, so back up.

Second, what do you mean I'm the new Mila? Did something happen to her? Besides, I'm a devout Christian and very superstitious.

Finally I don't know why I mentioned the Bisexual thing, I stated that right after I said it. It just felt like it needed to be said.

Posted

Like how red is the new black.

Puck is the new Mila.

Everyone is looking for that kind of love.

The Kimmy kind of love.

Posted

On a side note earlier today, when the rain let up a bit, I took a hike through the woods and not only managed to get both my socks and shoes wet, but stumbled over a patch of poison ivy. I feel like a dog with fleas.