Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's the end of the world, Charlie Brown!

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a survivalist and lately I've been building upon my stash in areas such as medical kits and tools and I've been wondering: How would the good people of Hyrule fare in a natural disaster/ Bloody revolution and or coup/ alien invasion/ zombie outburst? So I have started this topic as part casual discussion, part test for possible allies when sh*t hits the fan. Any survivalist insight goes, from gear to skills to places to strategies and anything else feaseable. Let your scared imaginations run free, my friends!

Posted

I... what?

Posted

Eh, this topic's more discuss-y then that. Personal opinions, not commands. I perfer allies with their own ideas. biggrin.gif

Posted

I'm sorry, but this thread is so stupid. Anyone can say "I'm a puppying badass when it comes to <input disaster here>!!" Most of us, however, would die with the rest of the world.

I'm imagining a global disaster when I read this.

Posted

I'm sorry, but this thread is so stupid. Anyone can say "I'm a puppying badass when it comes to <input disaster here>!!" Most of us, however, would die with the rest of the world.

I'm imagining a global disaster when I read this.

suspicious.gifAgain, mostly for fun and conversation. It doesn't matter if the plans are null, it's still an intellectual conversation.

Posted

Lets move this conversation towards zombie survival.

I would head north, personally. Into Canada, but not so far north that Its too difficult for me to survive, too. I want to find the fine line where theres still food available from meat in the north, but I'm far enough north that I can be safe from zombies, as they lack the body heat to move in the cold. On top of that, Canada is pretty well inhabited, the people living there speak english, And the ones in the north are no strangers to hunting, so ammunition should be abundant enough. I bet I could survive pretty well there. What about you guys?

Posted

Lets move this conversation towards zombie survival.

I would head north, personally. Into Canada, but not so far north that Its too difficult for me to survive, too. I want to find the fine line where theres still food available from meat in the north, but I'm far enough north that I can be safe from zombies, as they lack the body heat to move in the cold. On top of that, Canada is pretty well inhabited, the people living there speak english, And the ones in the north are no strangers to hunting, so ammunition should be abundant enough. I bet I could survive pretty well there. What about you guys?

Hm . . . never thought about that, but I guess it would be sucsessful so long as your steer clear of major cities and band togeather with French-canadian hunters. Those guys are badass.

I'd probably set up on a hill or half-way up a mountain. Good vantage point and harder for zombies to trek up. Also I's set up a system of traps reminiscant of the Maginot line with tunnels underneath so survivors can get out but Zombies die painfully if they try to get in.

Posted

Supplies I Have on hand, generally in my car......

-Level 2 trauma kit kept in my trunk ,minus O2 and injectables other than epipens.

-Bug out bag containing semi non perishables, batteries, flashlight, weather radio, water, flares, fire starting kit, blanket, water purifier, folding and fixed blade knife, breathing mask, and maps of the area and country.

-loadout vest is kept in the house for the most part, carries another knife, crossdraw holster for mt pistol, and magazine pouches for pistol and rifle. Ammo for both.

In a situation where rule of law has been lost, and there were riots and what not, I would hunker down on my house, and just hold my position basically. In the event of natural disaster I would seek the nearest safe area in which I can secure myself and my family. In the event of a zombie attack, I'm finding high ground they have to work to get to, then picking them off with a scoped rifle at my leisure as they get close. I'm thinking a four or fove story building that has been secured and locked down.

Posted

It's the end of the world as we know it

And I feel fiiiiiine....

Posted

^ Yay R.E.M. song.

In whatever event, I'd want to secure an intact building with a generator so I can use technology easily. Send out radio messages to survivors, play some music to keep me cheery, give me something to do when I can relax, etc. I'd rig it with plenty of traps if there are zombies out there, but leave messages on walls and such to tell how to get around them, in case a survivor wanders in.

Posted

That's gotta be one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. Might be because I hear it so much, though.

Posted

You know Arcane, You could do all of those things in Northern Canada with me. Skippy, too. We would just have to focus on how to keep warm.

Posted

We could all snuggle together :3

Posted

I know the evergreen woods like the back of my hand, and I can pick out which woods burn the brightest and the warmest. It would be wise to bring me with you.