Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So You Think You Can Lynch /// Town win!

74 posts in this topic

Posted

That-1guy has been lynched!

That-1guy was a Werewolf!

Congratulations to the Town, who have rid their town of that pesky Werewolf infestation!

Town win!

Alright, so now it's discussion time. Cascade, I'd like to start with you: why did you decide to vote for That-1guy?

Posted

oh lol

Posted

Yay, yay, yay, yay!

Posted

I knew That-1guy was the wolf all along because I am the wolf and I control all wolf happenings.

Posted

So.. no one wants to talk about how the game went, or discuss what went right / wrong?

Posted

lol i am not even sure how they figured out it was me.

Posted

Nabe, how do I win the game without dying?

I always seem to die before the Townies win. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted

I CALLED IT

iknewit

but only right after I died

Posted

Nabe, how do I win the game without dying?

I always seem to die before the Townies win. Am I doing something wrong?

Fact is, sometimes that's just impossible. In your case, with this game, you were the seer and found a wolf Night 1. You tried to get people to vote for Kim without revealing that you were the seer, which is a good play, but the town didn't see you as a credible voice to listen to until you claimed. To make yourself heard in future games, you need to put forward cases on players more often, although that generally goes for everyone. In this game though, you couldn't have made much of a case on Kim because there had been very little in-thread dialogue -- even BSing a case would have been hard. You dying in exchange for Kim just ended up being inevitable as a result.

But if you make yourself a more credible player, the wolves will often kill you for being good. And you might often get killed for lack of a better target, depending on who the wolves are and who they would be inclined to choose. In every game, you'll typically make enemies out of people (not just you, but everyone who's actively playing). That's just the nature of the game: people interacting, and depending on wolf strategies and manipulations, you'll sometimes just be the kill target because their strategy requires it.

All of that is why players aren't punished in rankings for dying in a game -- there are many situations when dying is just out of your control. The best ways to minimize the chance of dying are also the worst methods of playing, and don't help your faction to win. So in every game, you should just accept that it's possible you'll die, and play to win.

Posted

So, how did this game go?

Posted

Town was very lucky. Muff found a wolf on the first night, and then town managed to lynch That-1guy and win, but without having any reason for it. There were a couple situations when That-1guy could have easily taken advantage of the town, and didn't.

People should have been talking more. If you don't talk in thread, then you're left to take guesses when you end up having no evidence.

Posted

Question, hmmm...

What should I look for when deciding who to lynch?

I usually throw out questions and watch for contradictions in what they say, but I'm sure there are other ways to go about it.

Posted

yeah, i actually had plans for manipulating the town for my final vote, but lets face it, bandwagon vote on me at the start of the day was unexpected, and, like with Muff, there wasn't enough dialogue to help me make a case.

This probably explains why i didn't remove my vote on you Muff :3

Posted

T1G: Here's some advice I wrote for you on Day 3, going into Night 3, but never sent because I was waiting for you to ask.

Tomorrow, you could try to push the idea that PH is the second wolf, and that Kimmy's vote for PH was Kimmy's attempt to distance herself from him. You could also kill PH tonight and try to push Linox as a lynch instead -- he was the last player to vote, and he threw his vote on Kim when she already had enough votes to be lynched.

Linox: If more activity had gone on in this game, you would have gotten a lot more mileage out of your questions. More pages always means more posts to catch wolves in the act.

Asking questions is always fantastic, because it forces people to take a stance on what you've asked them, and if their answer contradicts something they say later, that's a great springboard to get to a lynch. Furthermore, if you ask a question and someone refuses to answer, that's a huge scum tell and you should treat them like a wolf. If someone evades the question in any way, and you think your question is a good one, push them until they either answer the question, or until they flatout refuse to answer (and then treat them like a wolf).

After every lynch, you should also check to see who voted for the lynched player, especially the last vote that got that player lynched (the "hammer"), and think carefully about what those votes mean. For example, if a player is lynched and flips scum, you'd be right to at least suspect that the person who hammered might be a scumbuddy of the lynchee. Pay close attention as well to people who vote for a player who already has enough votes to be lynched. These votes are only for the sake of appearance, and the only people in Werewolf who should be caring about how they look to the other players are scum.