Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lightning Fan Club

29 posts in this topic

Posted

[img]http://www.finalfantasyxiii.com/media/downloads/Lightning_1600x1200_v2.jpg[/img]

I don't care if I'm the only one who joins this this shit's bout to go down.

Posted

She is quite cool.

Posted

Lightning is awesome! I'm in.

Posted

That horse is amazing. [img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] Never mind Lightning (she's pretty cool too, though).

Posted

She's pretty damn fine IMO.
And this is great paired up with her awesomeness.

She's Chuck Norris' daughter.

EDIT:
Just made this:

[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3563/halo32.jpg[/img]

Posted

I'll join. The pic looks awesome.

Posted

Lightning's pretty hot, and she's pretty competent, but she can be an ass. A very sexy ass, but an ass nonetheless.

Sahz is actually my favorite, personality-wise.

But heck I'll join, because she's hot.

Posted

Sazh is awesome, especially with the chocobo chick :joy:

And yeah she's an asshole in the beginning, but she starts to lighten up to everyone later on. Or at least she stops being an asshole.

Posted

God dammit I still really need this game ):

Posted

[youtube][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke281MBhpDg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ke281MBhpDg[/url][/youtube]

Well, it's different from other FF's. You might go in expecting one thing but get something else.
Once you get past that, it's a pretty good game.

Oh and btw Silves the main villain is a space pope.

Posted

[quote name='Silves' date='29 June 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1277830128' post='311327']
God dammit I still really need this game ):
[/quote]
Agreed~!

Posted

I'd join if we would actually do something instead of just sitting here... However, I loves The Lightning.

So, here's how it goes... I'm going to join but not be a part of the club. That way it's cool, character development. So, I am a part of the group, but don't consider me one, okay guys?

As for the game... I actually got rid of it before finishing. :c There were a number of reasons, but the game wasn't a bad one. It's a very enjoyable game.

However, I didn't like the linearness to the levels, that was a turnoff. Plus, there didn't seem to be any free exploration like in previous FF titles, in here, you seemed as if you were leashed to the storyline. But the graphics are pretty good, and I really liked the cutscenes, I kept on wanting to watch the story.

Posted

The game is terrible compared to past Final Fantasies. Just play XII for 50 hours and play XIII for 50 hours and you'll see what I mean. Don't get me wrong, there were parts of the game I really enjoyed, but the game as a whole is not good. Plus, the melodrama is waaaay over the top in this one. Like, it was decently bad in X, but it is just downright agonizing in XIII. Unless you like melodrama, then this is exactly the game for you. The linearity and the lack of good storytellng really takes away from the game. I'm looking forward to Versus to correct what I see as an error in judgement. FFXIII could have been so much better.

At least Lightning's hot.

Posted

I actually did like the story, but yeah the game could've been a lot better.
And since I'm probably getting a PS3, I'll probably be getting Versus.

But what are we supposed to do, Vio? It's not like we're a political party :unsure:

Also, I've got a feeling FFXIII was just setting the table for something bigger, like a prequel of sorts. Not to Versus, but to something more directly related to FFXIII itself. It seems to me like the characters might become heroes of legend, or something along those lines. I say this because there was a lot of heroic imagery, especially with Lightning.
It just seems that way to me. Something much bigger and better might stem off this game's events.

Maybe there's a reason why the game was so linear. Maybe the real story and exploration of Cocoon and Pulse has yet to begin.

Posted

It's okay. I'll just wait patiently for Versus while I play Dragon Quest VIII, which is a game that isn't afraid to be both traditional AND good.

And, oh look, Dragon Quest IX looks to be the same way. The reviewers can't be satisfied, and it shows. Final Fantasy XIII tried to revamp the whole JRPG thing, and it scored 8.9 on IGN. Dragon Quest IX tried to keep it largely the same, and it got an 8.0. They really can't be satisfied. And, you know, I find it funny because NCAA Football 11 got an 8.5. And it's the same damn game that we've been playing for close to 20 years. So...yeah, reviewers officially suck.