Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lightning Fan Club

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Reviewers aren't always a good source... You've gotta play something for yourself, y'know? At least a demo, or look into it a little.

Posted

I always do that before I make an opinion on something.

True, I haven't played NCAA 11, but Football can't really change. I don't blame them for releasing new games and trying to make it better, but damn I wish they'd release one NCAA game and then update it year after year. That would make more sense to me. As it stands, I buy an NCAA and Madden game every 3 or 4 years.

But that's not what upsets me. What upsets me is that reviewers rag on JRPGS and call them "tired" and "vastly the same," and then Madden and NCAA come along and their like "fresh new start at football!!! Oh look, less interceptions this year! 9.0!!!!

Posted

Jo-Bengt, why do you like Lightning so much? She's a bland character who's only there to be Square Enix's new poster girl.
Seriously. Put an adventuring girl in a mini-skirt and all the sexually-starved 14-year-olds go crazy.

Posted

An opinion's an opinion, man. I thought she was a really strong character. And along with that I think she's the first female lead player character in Final Fantasy. Plus, she's a great heroine. She manages to look beautiful and feminie, but not slutty. And she's a fucking tank of a character. Pure badass.

And I don't know about you, but I enjoyed her character development. I like how she was selfish and cold, but sort of woke up and came to care about those around her, while still keeping her strong edge. :|

Posted

The entire game was trash. Much like your social life. And Lightning's totally a slut.

Posted

Wait, Farron was HF?

I thought you used to be HF, Lee.

Posted

Nah, HF was an ass.

Posted

A very sexy ass.

Posted

Love you, man.

Posted

I know you do, bro.

Posted

Umm... yeah, I'm joining. I haven't even played the game and I know she's awesome :P

Posted

You should probably do some digging on it, or watch a let's play. I say watch a let's play because the game's got a lot of grinding. And really this game's all about story(for me and other people, at least), so with a let's play you at least see the story as though you were playing it. Then again, a narrator might ruin that. >_<

Posted

If everyone weren't so melodramatic, I would enjoy the game so much more.

Everyone being Vanille and Hope.

But usually Vanille.

I get embarrassed when I play this game around other people. Japan should really take a nod from Fallout 3, Uncharted 2, and pretty much any U.S. game when it comes to voice overs and script writing. Make them actually good. I get tired of Vanille's constant "Oh!"s and "Oooh!"s and her constant little laughs. They're just fillers and don't help the dialogue on at all. The best parts of the game are when they all are trying to be serious. And when Vanille is serious, she's quiet. And when she's quiet, everything's good.

Posted

It sounds like she's having sex in battle, and then there's her eidolon...