Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Battle- Season 1

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Here, you can vote on your favorite LoZ characters and monsters! The poll will last 2 weeks, and depending on popularity, shall come back for season 2 with a new match up. All incarnations of the character are included. First up is Manhandla vs. Gohma. Don't forget to tell us why you voted for whoever! (All info is from zeldawiki.org)

Manhandla:

FS1.png

-Games: The Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures

-Weakness: Bombs, Sword

-Link: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Manhandla

Gohma:

Gohma.png

-Games:The Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons, The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Twilight Princess

-Weakness: Arrows, Slingshot

-Link: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Gohma

Posted

I have decided to vote for he whom is not Gohma. Although ORIGINALLY, Gohma was going to be my victor.

I'm a sucker for the classics, and Gohma just feels to be less classic than Manhandla to me... Gohma's got all this popularity and appearances in so many more games that I'm just no so interested in her anymore. While she is one of my favourites as Queen Gohma from OOT was my VERY first boss...

Mandhandla is usually more difficult for me, though a well-placed Bomb does get her all at once. Plus, fighting her in FS lays a toll on the mind... I enjoyed that battle, BUT when you fight her with someone as incompetant as your youngest sister... It's difficult. This battle requires an enormous amount of team work, and transformed a once-simple process into something more complex and requiring of strategy and teamwork.

Which I just loved.

Plus, everyone's likely going to be loving on Gohma... It's the eye, I tell you... The eye.

Posted

I'll have to go with Gohma. Despite the fact that its OoT form scared the pants off me as a child, I consider it one of the classic monsters (in my eyes.) There's just something about shooting the obvious-as-anything weakpoint of a cycloptic arachnid which seems awesome to me. xD

Although, granted I have not seen much of Manhandla.

Posted

I like Gohma more.

Now that I think abotu it, I'm really interested to see gohma in the remake for the 3ds.

Posted

Gohma is all "whomp whomp whomp" while Manhandla is all "bliggitie bliggitie." The choice is obvious.

Posted

Manhandla. Woo for flower power! :]

Posted

Mandhandla. I had a much more irritating and difficult time defeating it in OoS. Who needs bombs? Magic Boomerang ftw.

Posted

lol i would agree with you guys, but Gohma was the one thing i can remember from when i first got to play the game.

Posted

I like how Sahaqiel didn't actually vote. Never mind, I don't like that.

Posted

I'm going with Gohma. A huge bug-monster with claws versus a plant is something that I would consider a fairly one-sided matchup. And Gohma just looks more...how do I put it...badass.

Posted

I like this match-up, it's a hard decision for me.

I think I'm going to have to go with Gohma though, I had so much more fun fighting them.