Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pokémon Hardmode: Yellow

44 posts in this topic

Posted

You might remember I started a hardmode run back when they were cool. I started Yellow because it was the only one I had. I never finished, obviously, but I'm going to pick up from where I left off and try and do this thing.

Playing to the rules:

1. Name all Pokémon obtained

2. Catch the first Pokémon you see in each area, nothing else

3. If they faint, they must be released

Party:

190px-025Pikachu.png

Allen - Level 13

190px-012Butterfree.png

Helpless - Level 13

160px-032Nidoran.png

Luke - Level 13

160px-029Nidoran.png

Lucy - Level 14

Posted

Looks like the only way we'll be able to tell if nidoqueen or nidoking is better is to see who survives longer/performs better.

Posted

are you just going to blog at this point?

Posted

Yeah this'll just be a blog. But for deaths, I think I'll draw a picture in memory of them. Depends on how I feel.

Posted

160px-032Nidoran.png

Luke - Level 13

YES.

Posted

Muffin = Luke????

And I love Yellow :> Wish I still had it

Posted

Also another rule for mine is that I will fight all trainers I find. And search through every area for them.

I will break this rule quickly, which is why I never posted about it before.

So yeah, in the first cave place whatever it's called. Found a Zubat. Killed it instantly by using confusion. Most of my Pokemon are at level 16. All still standing.

Also no, I did kill the Zubat. It didn't faint it is dead. This is how hardmode works folks. Kill or be killed. My path is written with the blood of my random encounters. They will not regret crossing paths with me, because they're dead.

Posted

Jeez Silves, all you have to do is edit your post. Thats why all my posts are so long in my thread.

Chances are if you look in my thread and see no new posts from my latest post, its probably because I've been editing that post.

Posted

But if I edited it less people would come see because it wouldn't bump the topic.

Anyway. That cave. Got through, fought every trainer there. I won because my Pokémon are awesome. Both Nidoran's evolved into Nidorina and Nidorino. Nothing of interest happened besides this because the cave kind of sucks.

Got out, all alive and such. Got to the grass of the area, first encounter was a Rattata. I killed it because Rattata's are worthless and amount to nothing. I continued to the town, got to the gym. Went to a carer's house and got

160px-001Bulbasaur.png

Stephen

Used the rare Candy I picked up from the cave to level up Stephen to level 11. He was still weak I was not happy.

Continuing onto the gym, I put Allen up front, him being electric and thus strong against water types. OR SO I THOUGHT. And yes I did think this because it is right and electric is good against water. All Pokémen fell beneath Allen's electric might. Misty awaited at the head of the gym. I was ready OR SO I THOUGHT. And yes this OR SO I THOUGHT is well placed this time because I wasn't really ready.

Allen dealt well with her first Pokémon, but then she sent out Starmie. Starmie has a thing for critical hits. I had to heal Allen a lot with potions, which worked well. I got Starmie down to critical, and then Starmie landed a critical hit. Allen was also on critical health now. Use a potion, and then follow up with thundershock to finish Starmie off. That's what I should have done. Instead I decided, since Starmie was quicker than Allen, to use Quick Attack in the hopes of finishing off Starmie. Turns out Quick Attack sucks and Starmie survived. Starmie used water gun and Allen was dead. Blind with grief, I send in Stephen, only level eleven, to fight this level 21 monster. Stephen used leech seed, Starmie used Water Gun, I used Potion, Starmie used Water Gun, I used Tackle, Starmie hit the dirt and died. Stephen jumps to level 14 and the storm settles.

190px-025Pikachu.png

Goodnight Allen, my dearest thing

(Yellow has something against releasing Pikachu so he's sitting unconscious in the box)

Party:

Helpless - lvl 18

Luke - lvl 18

Lucy - lvl 18

Stephen - lvl 14

Posted

Hee Bulbasaur has my name. :333 Venusaur was the coolest starter though.

Poor Allen :< Misty was always really hard in Gen 1 though :/

Posted

Jeez, it always sucks to lose your starter in a hardmode run.

Best of luck in the future :<

Posted

I will survive. I'll make it to the end I swear I will.

But I forgot how difficult this game was. You really have to grind the whole way through. You can't win by just going through, fighting every trainer. It's just not enough. You have train sooo much if you want to make it through comfortably.

Posted

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted

Learn from this, young ones.

This old torn soul begs you hear his words. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Posted

Misty's a bitch, yo.

Also I was thinking about doing a hardmode Yellow like a few days ago. Ironic. :>

Best of luck, m'dear.