Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Graffiting all up in dis mug

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So on saturday me, pheo, saha, t1g, soap, and plu got together with one of plu's friends to go spraypainting downtown. (be teee dubs i only have internet access through an ipod atm so it'll be hard to post links for pics. Pheo wanted me to make a thread though so i'm hoping he'll be kind enough to grab them for me. Cough.)

Anyway, i was already at plu's house in the city so we just went straight over to the arch to go meet up. We found soap and plu's friend(eatbokbok) after a while, but pheo saha and t1g were late as usual. Those hoes

the wall we painted up on was maybe 500-600yards away from the arch. Walked back some of the way to meet up with the guys when they got off the metro, etc.

First part was kind of boring. Just kind of looked around what was already on the wall and put on a layer of white over where we decided to paint. We ended up picking a spot right next to a giant gate. Like 20-30ft gate. The whole wall was surrounding a giant sand pile. Which was extremely tempting to climb. AND WE TOTALLY CLIMBED THAT BEAST.

i went up first just for the hell of it. Pretty much everyone else went up at some point. Though, the graffiti was totally legal, the climbing of giant sand mountain was not. After a while a security car pulled up and we had to make an escape. Pheo, saha, and t1g decided to be smart and ran in the opposite direction before sliding/running down. I however slooooowly slid down the edge while the guys in the car just sat, probably amused. They never got out of the car though, so we were off the hook.

Also, while all this was going down it was pretty gross outside. Humidiy+hot and all that jazz. So pheo, saha, t1g, and i set off to get food/drinks. For some reason it took us forever. There was a hardees two blocks from the arch and then we walked an additional four blocks to get bottled soda ( and ice, courtesy of saha's survival skill thinking) before we headed back.

When we got back we found a digglet on a dumpster, soaps doing. And saha, t1g, and plu decided to enhance the wall's pokemon population. Mostly saha.

I think i just finished up my graffiti piece of my oc because i was lame/tired. Though at some point i did write "ooops all berries" on the wall.

Theeen we went back to plu's dads for dinner (well, everyone but eat bokbok)

and her dad treated us to icecream at this cafe a few blocks down. Under the cloak of night we locked arms and skipped briefly. Also formed a sligjtly tangled train. You know, just regular friendly night prowlers activities.

And jah. That was basically the day. Sorry it sounds so bloglike. I blame pheo. He wanted me to tell my version of the day so he could post his and also torture me with ipod typing at the same time when he really could just make his own thread : P. But whatevs. (btw this is not malicious, ilu pheo. But i expect to see a decent post out of you.)

/my weekly sahapheo adventure update end

if i can figure out copypasta on this thing i shall be back with a pic or two.

Posted

It would be cool to see some pics of the graffiti.

Posted

Hey look its eye of truth.

Okay so, I set my cellphone to wake me up at 7:00, but didn't wake up till 7:50. It wasn't that big of a deal though, because I didn't have to leave for saha's until nine, and my brother was already in the shower, so I just got on skype to see if any of the girls were up yet, then made eric get out of the shower. While he was getting out I went downstairs to get breakfast, and take my laundry up to my room. Then I got in the shower while eric went downstairs to get on his laptop. I got out at about eight fifty. I put clothes on and was all ready to go. The plan was to leave for Saha's house at nine, so we could get there at about nine ten. We would come home at nine twenty and pick my mom up, then leave to with the four of us to the metro station where Saha, eric and I would be dropped off at nine thirty, because my mom wanted to meet someone at a restaurant at ten in the morning.

I got on skype at about nine and asked Saha if he had finished showering. He said he had, but he wasn't ready to go, because apparently he has more to do in the morning to stay clean than showering in itself. So I waited for a while for him to give me the okay to get on. He didn't give it until nine fifteen, when he said I could leave to get him. So I told my mom it would probably be easier to have her come with us instead of us going back to get her. She said it would be okay, but it would take her a minute to get ready. At this moment I went downstairs to make myself a sandwich to bring with me that day, because it was going to be hot and a lot of work, and I would probably be hungry. I told my brother to get off his laptop and get his shoes on, and make lunch for himself, because despite the fact that we were about to leave, he had done none of those things. However, instead of just making his lunch, he asked my mom for money to get lunch for himself somewhere in st louis. I told him that was a stupid idea, that we shouldn't go all the way into st louis for lunch when we can just get it here, but he wouldn't listen.

So We left the house at nine thirty five to go to walgreens and pick up money from an atm for him, and a surprise subscription. We didn't get to Saha's house until nine fifty, when we were supposed to be at the arch. And we didn't get to the metro link until ten. I sent Muriel (Plusook) a text, telling them to go ahead and leave for the wall, and we'll meet them there when we get off the link. So they did, and we got to the arch at about ten thirty. Its always something, isn't it? Man, I tried really hard not to be late this time, too. I bet if It was just up to me to be on time, and I wasn't trying to get Saha and Eric to St Louis, I'd still be late, because the metrolink would derail or something.

Anyways, when we got to the arch, I called muriel about five times, but she never picked up, so I decided to use my brilliant deduction skills to figure out where the wall in question was. Eat Bok Bok said in case the wall was flooded, we would just put it off until next week, so it had to have been on the river side. Also, He said it was about a fifteen hundred foot walk to the wall, so It had to be somewhere along the river. Near the arch is a highway, and its stretches below the city with twenty foot high walls, so I deduced that, the wall must be in the southern direction, where there were plenty of big blank walls. And you know what? I was totally right! I deduced the shit out of that wall. That wall was like whoever the prevailing antagonist in the sherlock holmes series is, and I was like sherlock holmes. Bitch.

When we got there, Ebb, Soap, and Kaffles were already painting parts of the wall white so they could paint on them. I watched them work. Its a lot less complicated than it looks to do something like this. First, you paint the wall with whatever base color you want, though I guess this step is optional. Then, you draw an outline with charcoal of what you want to paint. I used a rock I found. I guess this step is optional too, but it seems like a good idea to me. Then, you paint what you want to paint. Here's the finished products of our stuffs.

39901_438551239272_515229272_4717328_8317259_n.jpg

Plusook's Blowkiss/shush face

39901_438551229272_515229272_4717326_4938349_n.jpg

Soap's Mural, I say its a Smugleaf.

38998_438548299272_515229272_4717207_5687858_n.jpg

This one is mine. Personally, I think I should lay off of women for a while. The Arms are a lot thicker than I wanted them to be, and the boobs are bigger too, which makes her obnoxiously tiny butt that much more noticeable. The mouth came out great, so I think if I go do this again, which I plan to do before the end of the summer hopefully, then I'll do something I have a better grasp of. I have a couple ideas.

39762_438548599272_515229272_4717218_6929295_n.jpg

Kaffles did an OC of her's, I'm not sure what Gen X means

40316_438549334272_515229272_4717237_5144019_n.jpg

This is Eat Bok Bok's. He's actually done this many times before, and was the one providing the paint for us. This was a pretty big mural.

Sahaqiel started a crusade to put pokemon all over the place, and we would have helped him if he had more time. Saha actually did a bunch of ridiculous things that weren't arty so much as lulzy, and I'll let him post his things, because theres a five image limit on the forums and I can't fit them in here.

After we painted the walls we wanted to do white, we waited for them to dry a little, then got the fantastic idea to climb the just sand mountain behind the wall. See, we were at some kind of business place where we decided sand was mined from the bottom of the missouri river, and sold from there to other places. And they had a giant pile of excess sand, just begging to be climbed. So, we did. It was thirty or forty feet high or so, if I'm right. I do remember the sand was hot, and it was high enough that you could see the top of the wall. It was cool up there. We got mad because we didnt have any cardboard for sledding down it.

We started painting for a while, and around we all got hungry. I busted out my mad Turkey ranch sandwich (I had no time to make bacon for it), and ate like a mofo. But as it turns out, no one else brought food aside from snacks, and we ended up having to go into downtown to get food anyways. Saha, Kaffles, eric and I left with money to go pick up some food, and left Soap and Plusook with Ebb to work on the things they were making.

We went to a Hardee's two blocks from the Arch and picked up some lunch, then wandered around until we found a place that would sell bottled soda for us to take back. Before we went to the Hardee's, we snuck into the Hyatt inn and got some water and rested, since we hadn't really sat down at all that day. After all that we went back and ate with our friends, and finished what we were working on, the finished products featured earlier in the post.

The paintings took a while to finish. People came by and took photos of us doing these, and I'm pretty sure a cop came by, too. The fact that he didn't stop us either means that its a legal wall, or the cops just don't care any more. Betty and Muriel and Kelsey left with Muriel's dad when he came to pick them up, who invited all of us back to his house. Eric saha and I agreed to go, because we'd been there before and he's good at food. Ebb didn't come for whatever reason. When he finished his mural, the sun was starting to go down, and we helped him clean up his cans strewn about everywhere, then left. We snuck back into the hyatt and rested our weary legs, because we were walking so much that day. Mine were hurting the day after, too. But we left from the hyatt to go to the metro. People were taking wedding reception photos near the arch, and I left to go photobomb them, but it was way out of the way of the metro and saha and eric weren't up for it. Besides, my legs were killing me. Mind you, these werent serious wedding photos, these were the kind you take when everyone is jumping up and down and being ridiculous. I thought it would be fun, but noooooo.

We got on and off the metro, talking about an article in time magazine about animals and the way they think. Muriel's dad picked us up again and took us back to his house, where we rested our weary legs and washed our feet, as they were very dirty. Then we ate. Muriel's dad is good at food, and can make broccoli taste good somehow. I think he laces it. I had two pork chops and half a chicken breast, and would have cleaned the bones if it weren't for the fact that everyone suddenly decided to go get ice cream, which was fine with me, I love the stuff. We walked another grueling half mile and ate, and walked a grueling half mile back, where saha, eric and I said our goodbyes to the girls and went back to the metro station, where we boarded the train and left for home.

So thats that, then. I'll probably edit this post, because theres some stuff I probably forgot to mention, and I kind of rushed it a little. But yeah, I'll post again with more pics, hopefully with the stuff Saha did, and the making of photos, among other things.

Posted

Wow, you guys did a good job. I love street art, and do some myself. I'll catch some pics next time i'm out painting.

Posted

Here's a couple examples of the other stuff that wasn't too artsy, but still worth posting.

38998_438548309272_515229272_4717208_1765678_n.jpg

This is one of Saha's, lol

39762_438548584272_515229272_4717215_5120104_n.jpg

Saha's again, obviously

38998_438548319272_515229272_4717210_6531279_n.jpg

Kelsey did the newfag, and Saha did the ditto.

40316_438549344272_515229272_4717239_1437032_n.jpg

Not sure who was responsible for this, but it was a twenty foor high mural of Calvin and Hobbes. Somebody ruined the very last panel, though.

38998_438548294272_515229272_4717206_5315254_n.jpg

Ebb did this, and we looked at it and decided it was best to add the caption to it's left.

Posted

lol

Posted

In the failed triforce/ditto picture I didn't notice that it said "oops all berries."

Posted

In the failed triforce/ditto picture I didn't notice that it said "oops all berries."

It actually said "oops all berries nigga," but the nigga got cut off.

Posted

The Only Thing I did.

dratinio.jpg

Dratini. Hell Yeah.

And then someone did an Ekans on another side of the dumpster.

ekans.jpg

And I think Saha is the one who should tell you all about this:

powerplant.jpg

magnamite.jpg

magneton.jpg

Posted

This was done because on Gastly's trading card, he is phasing through a wall of Graffiti

ghastly.jpggastly102M.jpg

Here is the aforementioned Diglett Dumpster:

nevergonnagiveyouupdigl.jpg

Here is a Ditto:

dittok.jpg

DURARARA!!

durarara.jpg

Posted

Neat. I don't see any graffiti where I live, so I'm surprised that this stuff can get so artistic.