Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ramen Noodles

11 posts in this topic

Posted

This is the only painting I was able to finish over the summer. It was a wedding present for my friend Sierra. Just wanted to know what you guys think. When I look at it, it makes me want some ramen. :3 It's acrylics, oils, turpentine, and galkyd (kind of an oily, golden-colored medium), with heavy use of sandpaper, on canvas.

And the only reason pink is in there is because Sierra likes pink.....me, not so much. ;P

Ramen_by_gaelicwolf.jpg

Posted

It looks like you were trying too hard to be unique/abstract, but it's pretty good.

I was expecting some shitty thread about ramen noodles being "the best". Thankfully, that wasn't so.

Posted

I hate it when people call them "RAY-men" noodles. It makes me so mad.

Posted

Can't wait until someone makes a 'rate my art' thread and removes 5 and below because maaan nobody's going to rate it that low.

I think it's good.

Posted

Looks yummy :)

Posted

There's a lot of space filled with abstract color that doesn't need to be there, but that's minor since the actual subject was painted so well. Nice job!

Posted

Mmm love your use of sharpness vs. blurs, and your use of color. That bowl is goooorgeeeeoooouuussss

Posted

Most of the reason there's so much abstract "filler" is mainly because, in my reference photo, there was a lot of empty space on that one side. That, and I just like to play with the materials and see what they do. And I really like the way things look when they're sanded, and you can see what's underneath them. It has a lot of texture in real life, though yeah, compositionally it doesn't really add much.

Posted

The ramen looks alive . . . and strangely happy.

Posted

The abstract part is my favourite to be honest. I love abstract. Just like how I like songs that have literally no meaning but are just nice to listen to.

Posted

Saved.

Also my first dog's name was sierra.