Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Console Zelda's are weird about shipping.

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I've noticed something about console games like OoT, TP and WW: They all have at least seven "Love interests" for Link alone. For example:

*Zelda (Includes all Zelda's while they are in Princess form).

*The sidekick charecter (Navi, Midna, Tetra).

*The Childhood friend( Saria, Ilia, and oddly enough Aryll)

*The farm Girl (Malon, Beth, not sure if there's one for WW.)

*The non-human charecter (Princess Ruto, Louise, Medli).

*The older, pedophileish woman (Nobooru, Thelma, some old lady in WW)

*The random male charecter for fangirls (Shiek, Shad, The king of Red lions.)

If this continues, we'll find more charecters like these in Skyward Sword. Whould that be terrible? Personally, I don't think so; just so long as it doesn't turn violent amongst fans.

Posted

Can you not, like.

I dunno. Get Firefox, use its spellcheck.

Like, would.

Posted

I don't understand the thread title.

Posted

I don't think Link x Louise (a cat!) is shipped by anyone... S:

I don't think shipping is even a big deal in Zelda, unlike some fandoms :<

Posted

Did you say Aryll? That's just disgusting. Incest is so wrong.

Posted

Isn't the phrase "Love Interest" being used rather objectively here?

... Firefox has spellchecker? >:I I had never known about that.

Or, instead of using spellcheck, people could just go through the efford of typing properly. I'd feel a bit more proud of my work typing it NATURALLY as opposed to spellchecking.

How is Telma pedophile-esque?

Wouldn't we consider TP Link an Adult? Or was that just my error?

Also, hasn't Princess Zelda /Always/ been in Princess Form? >:I

I wouldn't consider Shiek or The King of Red Lions random male characters... Though Shad has a purpose, he just isn't as memorable.

Posted

Ok, I'll admit I had trouble with finding a few examples, and I personally agree that Aryll/Link is disgusting and wrong. But darn it if there isn't someone somewhere who ships it anyway.

Posted

I disagree, here. I wouldn't participate in incest, but like. Whatever's going for you. They just happen to be a relative. It's really no different from any other relationship, unless we're crossing lines with stuff like pedophilia, which is justifiably wrong due to innocence and things of that nature.

As for the genetic thing, it doesn't really cause defects. It improves the chances of having them. Inversely, it also improves the chances of not getting defects where there are strengths in that area.

Or, instead of using spellcheck, people could just go through the efford of typing properly.

Things like this is what it's for.

How is Telma pedophile-esque?

Wouldn't we consider TP Link an Adult? Or was that just my error?

Link's like, almost jailbait. He's been described as about seventeen. Telma is middle aged looking. They have a big gap in between.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah I should've replied to this earlier, but I don't think incest is really a big deal. Just as long as they don't have a baby, due to higher risks of genetic defects, then it's really not a problem at all, if they're in love. Besides, who are you to decide which relationships are acceptable and not? Well, yeah there are exceptions, like pedophilia and bestiality, but that's a different area due to lack of consent and innocence etc.

Yeah I'm just echoing here, but I felt the need to add that in.

Posted

I know this.

stuff happens

I think I would lol quite a bit if I heard someone being arrested under the charge of "unlawful oral sex".

Posted

I seriously cannot agree with incest. It's just... You guys have a point there, but I don't accept it as a legit relationship. Flame me if you want, but I just can't accept that.

Posted

>The King of Red Lions

|:

Posted

I don't accept it as a legit relationship. Flame me if you want, but I just can't accept that.

Then you need to get the puppy over yourself. People can have whatever relationship they damn well want if both are in love(other than pedo ones of course :/). puppying dick. I can just see you discounting two people's relationship.

Posted

It's not like I'm gonna go out on a hate rant and force people to not have incest. If they want to have sex, then I'm not gonna treat them any different. I just don't view their love as legit, just as many people don't view many other types of love as legit. You are acting like I'm full of hate, but I don't havta legitimize someone's lifestyle to be a brother to them.

Posted

Legitimate love isn't governed by some higher force. It just happens with people. There are people legitimately in love with inanimate objects, and it's a pretty one sided relationship. Incest can be a two sided relationship. So I don't see what the problem here is.

To each their own, etc.

As long as no one's getting hurt by being taken advantage of.

So Link x Aryll, in my opinion, is alright. It's a bit different from the norms of society, but being told to have to be something in society is a bit of a dick. gtfo, I'll marry this dating sim character if I very well please, etc.

Sahaqiel